Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2022, 05:14 PM   #981
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
What I am concerned with is the after effects. Once the murdering of the innocent people starts after this weekend in essences finishes off the country, the lecturing is going to start.

Normal, working people are going to be lectured about be tolerant of the now refugee's that are going to be pouring in from everywhere, we are going to be told that hate crimes against Russian's living abroad and in our communities won't be tolerated. It's going to be a hundreds of billions of dollars sent to help rebuild or assist with this.

We are going to eat the ****, while being told this and that matters when in reality we had a chance to reduce the risk or dramatically change the outcome from the start.

I can just wait until these global leaders start with all this nonsense.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:16 PM   #982
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What I am concerned with is the after effects. Once the murdering of the innocent people starts after this weekend in essences finishes off the country, the lecturing is going to start.

Normal, working people are going to be lectured about be tolerant of the now refugee's that are going to be pouring in from everywhere, we are going to be told that hate crimes against Russian's living abroad and in our communities won't be tolerated. It's going to be a hundreds of billions of dollars sent to help rebuild or assist with this.

We are going to eat the ****, while being told this and that matters when in reality we had a chance to reduce the risk or dramatically change the outcome from the start.

I can just wait until these global leaders start with all this nonsense.

Its fair to be mad, but there is also large risks in escalating this war. It sucks for Ukraine but you're also trying to avoid a world war. Blame Putin and Russia for this. Everything else is misplaced.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:17 PM   #983
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

France offering asylum to Zelensky within Kiev itself is huge, though I highly suspect that Zelensky will not accept the offer.

He could have escaped and be a government in exile way earlier, he's chosen already.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #984
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

This is getting serious, they've kicked Russia out of Eurovision.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:26 PM   #985
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
This is getting serious, they've kicked Russia out of Eurovision.
There will be a serious lack of Adidas track suits being represented
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:32 PM   #986
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Its fair to be mad, but there is also large risks in escalating this war. It sucks for Ukraine but you're also trying to avoid a world war. Blame Putin and Russia for this. Everything else is misplaced.

Putin is to blame for this, but I also think that the world could have done a hell of a lot more to reduce the risk and the damage. Clearly Putin meant and still means business. This is going to continue and this is going to get worse.

The byproduct of all of this is going to be felt by all of us and it's going to create issues.

I get upset when the powers at be are than going to turn around and than say, well, PeteMoss and whomever is now going to have to also deal with it too. As if you had anything to do with anybody's decisions.

I just don't like how a single person like Putin will continue this and the world will tolerate it and than all of a sudden it's going to be, hey, what are we going to do now?
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #987
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also wonder if Putin ever shows his face in a public setting after this. You would think the threat of assassination would be far too great.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:36 PM   #988
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
There will be a serious lack of Adidas track suits being represented
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:41 PM   #989
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Cannot imagine needing to do this.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1497353864948891650
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 05:46 PM   #990
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Russia invades Ukraine

Quote:
Putin is to blame for this, but I also think that the world could have done a hell of a lot more to reduce the risk and the damage. Clearly Putin meant and still means business. This is going to continue and this is going to get worse.

The byproduct of all of this is going to be felt by all of us and it's going to create issues.

I get upset when the powers at be are than going to turn around and than say, well, PeteMoss and whomever is now going to have to also deal with it too. As if you had anything to do with anybody's decisions.

I just don't like how a single person like Putin will continue this and the world will tolerate it and than all of a sudden it's going to be, hey, what are we going to do now?

Sure... But if they get more involved... I'm going to have to deal with it also. Even assuming the war doesn't escalate to the point where we are dealing with war measures, even just sanctioning or cutting off Russias oil is going to cause prices to increase worldwide durifpng a period of inflation already.

Also... I don't think not committing hate crimes against Russian Canadians and welcoming Ukrainian refugees is that big of an ask.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:53 PM   #991
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

We had perogies for dinner tonight.

Slava Ukraini!
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:57 PM   #992
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

The video of the President, and also the MP, taking arms, are just amazing. I am not even Ukrainian and I want to stand with them. If I were a citizen, I would be incredibly proud of them (the Mayor too), inspired, and emboldened.

I know people will lose their #### over this comment, but the comparison is fair: try and imagine Trudeau in the same situation - he would be bunkered up in mom's basement, or better yet, in the Caribbean somewhere, telling us to be brave.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 06:02 PM   #993
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

The stories coming out of Ukraine of everyday people making these long treks to the Polish border, sheltering in subways, being pulled off buses and being conscripted...

I suspect the messaging from Ukraine's government in the lead-up to all this was to avoid causing a panic, and to ensure Ukrainians stayed to fight, but I can't help but feel that more should have been done to prepare them - at a minimum by telling people to stock up on supplies of food and clean water, and for those not fit to fight to consider moving West in the event war was to come.

Brave as it is, I hate seeing these images of regular people with their assault rifles preparing for Russian troops to come marching into their neighborhoods. I'm afraid the shots they may fire will be answered with tank blasts and fallen buildings.

Anything the rest of the world can do to isolate Russia now - whether its freezing and seizing assets, barring trade, boycotts, kicking them out of the World Cup - anything at all to marginalize them, I hope we can come together and commit to it.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:04 PM   #994
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I know people will lose their #### over this comment, but the comparison is fair: try and imagine Trudeau in the same situation - he would be bunkered up in mom's basement, or better yet, in the Caribbean somewhere, telling us to be brave.
Eye roll

Name one former Prime Minster you think would do that….

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 06:05 PM   #995
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Cannot imagine needing to do this.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1497353864948891650
####ing Big Swinging Balls.

I hope they all get some kills.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:08 PM   #996
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can comfortably say that probably everyone in Ukraine has more courage than I do
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 06:13 PM   #997
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Watched that 3 times, what a beauty. I'm genuinely embarrassed that Ukraine is being left to do this basically on their own. Something needs to happen
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #998
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

The longer this goes on, the more likely we start seeing civilians and mercenaries showing up from elsewhere in Europe to fight.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Itse, kn
Old 02-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #999
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anonymous is in the game now. Taking down many Russian sites and threatening to take down Russian Industrial sites.

https://twitter.com/LatestAnonPress/...z0JqccvAQ&s=19
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 06:17 PM   #1000
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
We had perogies for dinner tonight.

Slava Ukraini!
Mmmm that is a good idea, think I have some GF-Pedaha in the freezer.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks