Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #81
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

How sweet would this be?

New software would let iPhones access iTunes libraries from anywhere

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._anywhere.html
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #82
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

wow, so it wouldn't really matter how big your ipod was, you could have access to all music on your computer. That would be intense.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #83
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Seriously though. You guys need to get that Koi Pond app. I can't belive how cool it is!
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #84
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Seriously though. You guys need to get that Koi Pond app. I can't belive how cool it is!
A definate must buy for any aspiring fish herder.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #85
MaxPower
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
How sweet would this be?

New software would let iPhones access iTunes libraries from anywhere

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._anywhere.html

Really sweet, really really sweet. So much potential on these things...

Dunno if it's been mentioned here yet, but I downloaded SportsTap last night and so far so good. The newest version has added new sports (no CFL, probably a deal breaker for some, not me), with the ability to delete sports from the main page (goodbye LPGA). A cool one it has is the Olympics.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #86
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Really sweet, really really sweet. So much potential on these things...

Dunno if it's been mentioned here yet, but I downloaded SportsTap last night and so far so good. The newest version has added new sports (no CFL, probably a deal breaker for some, not me), with the ability to delete sports from the main page (goodbye LPGA). A cool one it has is the Olympics.
Have you tried the Score's iphone app (Score Mobile)? I kind of prefer it over sports tap. Plus it has cfl if you're into that kind of thing.

edit: I notice as of right now there are no olympic stories. Perhaps they will be added. SportsTap actually has a really sweet Olympic area now that I look at it. I like the full schedule and medal count page.

Last edited by Russic; 08-08-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #87
MaxPower
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Have you tried the Score's iphone app (Score Mobile)? I kind of prefer it over sports tap. Plus it has cfl if you're into that kind of thing.

edit: I notice as of right now there are no olympic stories. Perhaps they will be added. SportsTap actually has a really sweet Olympic area now that I look at it. I like the full schedule and medal count page.
Yeah sounds like a difference in sports preferences really decides which one to go with. I'm not big into CFL, but I'm a big fan of F1 so SportsTap was the one I went with. I would like it if either one offered video links for highlights etc.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #88
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just found a silly little game that is neat. It is PapiJump. It is a bouncing ball on some platforms. You just tilt the iPhone to direct where the ball goes. My high score is 15208 after a few games.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #89
goeagles
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Yeah sounds like a difference in sports preferences really decides which one to go with. I'm not big into CFL, but I'm a big fan of F1 so SportsTap was the one I went with. I would like it if either one offered video links for highlights etc.

I had Score Mobile and just dl'ed tap last night. I'm liking Tap a lot more because it has headlines/news and transactions whereas (as far as I can tell) Score Mobile just has scores
goeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #90
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I think everyone who has SportsTap should fire off an email requesting CFL.

I've done it, just use their feedback link.

Edit: Better yet, just use the "let us know" clicky on this page: http://sportstap.mobi/faq/

(They're planning on adding in WNBA and Lacrosse for crying out loud - but still no plans for CFL!)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #91
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If Canadians keep giving them one star out of five i'm sure they'll add it shortly.

I found an article on some recommended jail-broken apps this morning:
http://lifehacker.com/400148/iphone-...e-itunes-store
Old 08-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #92
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Canadians keep giving them one star out of five i'm sure they'll add it shortly.

I found an article on some recommended jail-broken apps this morning:
http://lifehacker.com/400148/iphone-...e-itunes-store

Have you jailbroken 2.0 yet?? I'm super tempted but havent met anyone whos taken the plunge.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #93
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I haven't but I'm sure somebody here has. I'm getting more and more tempted. Not sure why I haven't yet ... guess I'm a massive pansy. Is there an app that will allow you to remote into a desktop?

Edit: I just downloaded "guitar toolkit" and am very impressed. It has a tuner, metronome, tones (to tune by ear) and a chord dictionary. The tuner actually seems to work better than my current electronic tuner (which isn't of great quality but still). Metronome is always good to have and the chord dictionary is very well done. Not sure if the tones are of any use. Everything is layed out very well with the standard "Price is Right Giant Wheel" interface. Apparently in time the devs are working on pairing audio to the chords so you can hear them as well. $10, but recommended.

Last edited by Russic; 08-11-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #94
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Is there an app that will allow you to remote into a desktop?
You can get "VNC Lite" (free) or "VNC Mocha" ($4.99) from the Apps Store without jailbreaking. I'd recommend the later as the free version doesn't let you send "Ctrl-Alt-Del."

I can remote into my laptop (when I leave it at home) from anywhere! WiFi, 3G, Edge!

(I'll be using it to remote into my iMac, when it finally gets here! )
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #95
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

I like the SportsTap application more than the ScoreMobile. It's more detailed and I like the news section. I just added the Labyrinth and it's hours of fun. I like that you actually have to move the device around to get the ball to move on the board.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #96
MaxPower
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

For Tetris nerds like myself who don't want to pay $10, there's a free version out now called Tris.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #97
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
You can get "VNC Lite" (free) or "VNC Mocha" ($4.99) from the Apps Store without jailbreaking. I'd recommend the later as the free version doesn't let you send "Ctrl-Alt-Del."

I can remote into my laptop (when I leave it at home) from anywhere! WiFi, 3G, Edge!

(I'll be using it to remote into my iMac, when it finally gets here! )
And THAT is why you rule. Works like a bloody charm. Really cool how the mac has a built in vnc client too. All I did was pretty much check a box and I was able to patch right on in! This is one of the few apps that I might upgrage to the pay version not because I need it, but because I want to thank the developers.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #98
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quick app question....just ordered my iPhone and I was really interested in getting that app that shows parts of the human body. I have no idea what it's called but I saw it demo'd when they first announced the 3G iPhone. Any idea if this app is on the AppStore or what it's even called?
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #99
algernon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Quick app question....just ordered my iPhone and I was really interested in getting that app that shows parts of the human body. I have no idea what it's called but I saw it demo'd when they first announced the 3G iPhone. Any idea if this app is on the AppStore or what it's even called?
A Pr0n app??? EDIT: Is 'Netter's anatomy flash cards' by Modality Inc. the app you are looking for? $39.99 seems kinda pricey, but probably worth it if you're studying that stuff...and as one of the comments said: 'cheaper than the big hard copy version'

Has anyone tried any of the distance apps? Runkeeper I believe is $7.99, so I ordered the 'Distance' app for 3 bux...haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool, as I would likely walk/roll more often if I knew how far/fast I was going.

BTW, my current location is 3396 feet above sea level

Does anyone know if there is a way to run more than one app at a time?

Last edited by algernon; 08-15-2008 at 10:00 AM.
algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #100
MaxPower
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to run more than one app at a time?
You can't, Apple specifically restricts developers from running their apps in the background.

I wish they'd specifically restrict developers from releasing apps/updates, that will not launch. My last three have downloads will not launch, pretty frustrating when I paid for them.