Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2023, 11:04 AM   #9961
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Can you repeat that?
Gudie Hutchings came out and said it. If you vote Liberal maybe you can have a carbon tax carve out. Atlantic Canada got the home heating oil carve out because. Liberals need the vote there. Liberals don't need Western votes to won, so the needs of the people here are ignored.

Seems exclusionary to me.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:59 AM   #9962
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Gudie Hutchings came out and said it. If you vote Liberal maybe you can have a carbon tax carve out. Atlantic Canada got the home heating oil carve out because. Liberals need the vote there. Liberals don't need Western votes to won, so the needs of the people here are ignored.

Seems exclusionary to me.
This is beyond idiotic. Are you saying that anytime a political party panders to one region/voting bloc, they are automatically excluding all other regions and voting blocs? If so, I have some terrible news for you.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 01:45 PM   #9963
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This is beyond idiotic. Are you saying that anytime a political party panders to one region/voting bloc, they are automatically excluding all other regions and voting blocs? If so, I have some terrible news for you.
I won't argue that all pandering exclusionary. But exempting one group from a nation-wide tax certainly is.

And you can reply and disagree without the bolded
If you can't, this isn't the discussion for you.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:45 PM   #9964
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anytime now things should be turning around for the liberals. Fascinating how he keeps the wolves at bay in his own party given the ominous polls.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1724177060799656048
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 03:19 PM   #9965
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Anytime now things should be turning around for the liberals. Fascinating how he keeps the wolves at bay in his own party given the ominous polls.

I'm not sure he is. There have been rumours that others in the party all calling for his ouster. I don't think anyone has the party clout to force the issue though. I assume the longer he stays, the longer the polls stay this way though.
Old 11-13-2023, 03:25 PM   #9966
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
I'm not sure he is. There have been rumours that others in the party all calling for his ouster. I don't think anyone has the party clout to force the issue though. I assume the longer he stays, the longer the polls stay this way though.
I dont know if there is one or two individuals that can force change, but there are 158 MP's sitting on that side of the house, many who are staring a beatdown in their re-election bids.

If a group of them turn on JT, particularly some with Ministerial portfolios, and really force the issue, he is going to have no choice. It might be more probable than not at this point. Its a sinking ship.
Old 11-13-2023, 03:35 PM   #9967
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I dont know if there is one or two individuals that can force change, but there are 158 MP's sitting on that side of the house, many who are staring a beatdown in their re-election bids.

If a group of them turn on JT, particularly some with Ministerial portfolios, and really force the issue, he is going to have no choice. It might be more probable than not at this point. Its a sinking ship.
Could be. Perhaps it's too early to make the move. The next fed. election is still almost two years out. That seems long enough to squander a bounce from punting trudeau, and not long enough to do enough good to make getting the bounce irrelevant.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:16 PM   #9968
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come on, this is pretty funny.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...mg-consulting/

Quote:
Ottawa paid nearly $670,000 for KPMG’s advice on cutting consultant costs

The federal government hired KPMG consultants at a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars for advice on how to save money on consultants, documents show.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2023, 04:39 PM   #9969
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Conclusion of the Report:

Significant savings could by had by consolidating all consulting work to one provider, thus taking advantage of various synergies. We recommend KPMG.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2023, 05:57 PM   #9970
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post

Geez, I expected Canadians (well the ones not obsessed with partisanship) would be beyond pissed with the regional carve out and Liberals giving the finger to Canadians with their recent vote on a fair approach, but this is way beyond even my expectations.

This is the most recent Nanos poll prior

Nanos Research 2023-10-27 1,000 (1/4) 25 38 20 8 5 3 CPC +13

It appears that carbon tax, while still something that most Canadians believe in, should not have preferential treatments based on regions that vote a certain way. It also appears that Atlantic Canadians did not just forget about what the Liberals did to them until the polls started going the wrong way (who also insinuated they will bring it back if voted in again)

With NDP numbers going up significantly, it's rather obvious Liberals made a colossal mistake. It also confirms that the NDP voting with the Conservatives was the correct move politically.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1724117040938520714

18 points! That's insane. Liberals chose to go past Ignatieff and speedrun straight to Kim Campbell territory.

Last edited by Firebot; 11-13-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Firebot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2023, 06:08 PM   #9971
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL and Firebot and Yoho getting waaaaay ahead of themselves.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:14 PM   #9972
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
LOL and Firebot and Yoho getting waaaaay ahead of themselves.
You are right, still lots of room to go down apparently. This is way beyond what I expected, and the NDP is actually gaining (with the results of their polls) and may get 2nd at this rate. Surely you should be happy with the NDP potentially getting opposition?
Old 11-13-2023, 06:17 PM   #9973
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
You are right, still lots of room to go down apparently. This is way beyond what I expected, and the NDP is actually gaining (with the results of their polls) and may get 2nd at this rate. Surely you should be happy with the NDP potentially getting opposition?
Not in a majority Govt.
That’s his worst fear.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:26 PM   #9974
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL @ Yoho

No, I don't worry about anything at this point because they are small national level polls 2 years from an election, and I don't have a team. Many many things can change in 2 years, it's just funny watching the streamers and noise makers getting broken out every time their is a new poll.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:57 PM   #9975
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well if it is a CPC victory I hope somebody comes up with some sweet F*** PP stickers. Can’t wait to plaster them on my vehicles.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 08:28 PM   #9976
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
Well if it is a CPC victory I hope somebody comes up with some sweet F*** PP stickers. Can’t wait to plaster them on my vehicles.
Ugh, F*** Trudeau stickers, flags, hats etc....

F*** Trudeau is Canada's version of Make Amercia Great Again.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2023, 08:57 PM   #9977
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://decalshut.ca/products/####-p...-decal-sticker

https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/...51275262.EJUG5

Replace the #### with your favourite word.

They are very readily available, and he's not even PM yet. You too, can be just as petty as the F*** Trudeau morons.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:12 PM   #9978
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Ugh, F*** Trudeau stickers, flags, hats etc....

F*** Trudeau is Canada's version of Make Amercia Great Again.
The merch just isn’t as cool.

MAGA merch had a classic car, marlboro-smokin, eagle-flyin AMERICA feeling to it right from the beginning. Early on, it wasn’t just the losers, but the types of people that would say “God bless America” who you could see wearing it. Terrible idiots, the lot of them, but they were our idiots, they were down home.

“F*** Trudeau” just has an Un-Canadian and even Un-American trucker nut jack off vibe to it. Always has, always will. Nickelback on blast, kissin cousins, dumber than dirt in a brown paper bag and coal rollin through the Tim’s drive-thru for a 4x4 and a sausage wrap (extra sausage).

Canadian conservatives are so lame it’s embarrassing. They can’t even class up the whole gay-hated gun-totin anti-government thing. Remember viking guy that stormed the capital? Even he managed more class than people rocking “F*** Trudeau” merch. Just inexcusable for this great country.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:16 PM   #9979
Calgary '89
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
What’s your take on politicians who say rapists, murderers and pedophiles are unacceptable? Are they not progressive enough for your tastes because the aren’t tolerant enough of their views?

Your position here is completely ridiculous, I don’t recall a single elected official claiming that the occupiers(please don’t label them as truckers as it’s an insult to the overwhelming majority of truckers who didn’t agree with them)had no right to have a difference in opinion, the issue was the illegal means they used to try and force a result. Imagine if these “protestors” would have staged a siege at a live sporting event and held people in attendance hostage, the resulting actions from law enforcement would have had absolutely nothing to do with their message or goal.

No one has censored them. No matter how many times you want to try and pretend like they have been.

Lemme get this straight: rapists, murderers and pedophiles are to be equated with protestors? You’re lumping those groups together to make a point? That’s exactly how Donald Trump launched his presidential campaign in 2015. On top of that you ask me to imagine protestors staging a siege at a live event and taking hostages???? You’re comfortable thinking in extremes aren’t you?

There’s more points to be made, but I don’t negotiate with terrorists
Calgary '89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:19 PM   #9980
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary '89 View Post
Lemme get this straight: rapists, murderers and pedophiles are to be equated with protestors? You’re lumping those groups together to make a point? That’s exactly how Donald Trump launched his presidential campaign in 2015. On top of that you ask me to imagine protestors staging a siege at a live event and taking hostages???? You’re comfortable thinking in extremes aren’t you?

There’s more points to be made, but I don’t negotiate with terrorists
Lol
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: