Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #961
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
What about the coveted Christmas time spots (for resorts in particular)? Same two month window.
Take a decent price for the resort at another time of year, multiply it by 1.5, and if you can find it for less than that during the time period of Dec 22 and Jan 6, you've found a good price for the Christmas season.

Christmas and flight/vacation deals don't mix. If you're a resort or airline, you really have no reason to drop your prices, because you know the demand is going to be there.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #962
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if you do car bookings as well but we are going to England for 3 weeks from July 11 - Aug 1, what is the best deal on a 4 door rental for that time?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #963
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Not sure if you do car bookings as well but we are going to England for 3 weeks from July 11 - Aug 1, what is the best deal on a 4 door rental for that time?
You could try a search on Kayak to get an idea of pricing.

I've also used http://www.autoeurope.com/ in the past without a problem and decent prices.

I'm not sure where in England you're renting from, but you could try a search on the TripAdvisor forums to see if someone has advice for your specific location:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowFor...6-England.html

Just search: car rental city name

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #964
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
The multiple is looking more like 2 times, not 1.5 times. Jesus, people are stupid, like me.
Yep, it would be a lot easier if we all celebrated holidays at different times of the year to spread it out. I think everyone with a last name starting with A-L should celebrate from September 20-30, they would have a much easier time finding Christmas deals.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #965
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Liberia (Costa Rica) - $405 after tax, roundtrip

March 16-23, Air Transat, can see it here: http://tinyurl.com/yzylwuc

This last minute flight just popped up. The thing is though, when I try to put in 2 people, it won't allow it. But if you put in just 1, it works.

Not sure if that means there is only 1 seat at that price, or if you could book one, and then book another right away.

It's a great price though, considering the next cheapest is $755 and this one is a much faster flight.

Last edited by cmyden; 03-11-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #966
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That link doesn't work
Weird, what happens for you? I noticed tinyurl was having some issues today. Works for me though...

Does this one work for you?
http://tiny.cc/wOYbE

Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #967
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
You can try holidayautos.co.uk
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #968
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Santa Maria, Cuba All Inclusive - $705 after taxes

March 17-24
link

Gets more than decent reviews on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...aria_Cuba.html

Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #969
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I don't recall seeing it being posted here, but I just wanted to point out that Air Canada is continuing their "Canada Wins" promotion for the Paralympics as well.

Quote:
We're proud to be the Official Airline of the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games! Every time Canada wins a medal, you win too! We'll be featuring a different special offer right here at aircanada.com. Check back often.
Today is 15% off travel within Canada until December 15

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #970
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Cmyden: Love the site, thanks!

I am trying to book that Miami deal you have posted on YYCdeals, for $353, but I am getting $1,000+ from Delta for those dates! Any ideas?
amorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #971
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorak View Post
Cmyden: Love the site, thanks!

I am trying to book that Miami deal you have posted on YYCdeals, for $353, but I am getting $1,000+ from Delta for those dates! Any ideas?
Thanks Amorak!

Whoa, $1000 ? Try searching for it on CheapTickets.com, March 17-24, for FLL (close to MIA), should be around $396 CDN after tax.

April 6-13 is another fairly cheap date combo, $404 after tax into MIA on Delta.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #972
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thanks, found about $400 per person everything-in, in CAD $, from Air Canada.

But now I don't see any banging Caribbean cruise deals ...fffckkkkk as the kids would say.

Any good cruise deal sites? I am a cruise-a-holic.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #973
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorak View Post
Thanks, found about $400 per person everything-in, in CAD $, from Air Canada.

But now I don't see any banging Caribbean cruise deals ...fffckkkkk as the kids would say.

Any good cruise deal sites? I am a cruise-a-holic.
I've heard good things about CruiseCompete. What dates did you end up booking for the flights? I can see if there's anything out there.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #974
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
I've heard good things about CruiseCompete. What dates did you end up booking for the flights? I can see if there's anything out there.
Haven't booked anything quite yet, need to find a good deal on a cruise, then I will pull the trigger on both the flight and the cruise.

I was down cruising the Bahamas a few months ago, then hung out in Miami... It's so relaxing to island-hop on a cruise ship that travels at night. You spend your day on an island, go back to the ship for a nice dinner, drinks, some gambling, some partying, go to bed and you wake up the next day at a new island to explore!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #975
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

You gotta be kidding me. I booked Liberia last week, departing March 20 return Apr 4, and it cost me $1000 with tax.

I wish I had of known about that charter.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #976
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
You gotta be kidding me. I booked Liberia last week, departing March 20 return Apr 4, and it cost me $1000 with tax.

I wish I had of known about that charter.
Yeah it was a pretty awesome deal. It connected in Edmonton, but then it seemed to be direct from there, avoiding the U.S. ? That surprised me.
And I guess it's also possible to go direct from Calgary to Liberia.

Usually to get to Costa Rica for a decent price you have to go through the hassle of waiting around in Houston.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #977
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Any smoking deals on Caribbean / Bahamian / Mexican All Inclusives in the next few weeks that anyone has come across?

I need to take a break and recharge the batteries, but the cruises are 2-3x as expensive as they were last spring - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #978
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

We have used Vacations to go for cruise deals before.

I agree with prices seeming to be up quite a bit. We are looking for something for next march break 2011. i know it is still a year out but prices are up quite a bit it seems.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #979
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And of course WestJet has matched AC's offer with 15% off flights within Canada.

http://www.westjet.com/promotion/

For some reason, they make it needlessly complicated and require you to enter both a promo code and a coupon code.

Bookings must be made by tonight.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #980
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
And of course WestJet has matched AC's offer with 15% off flights within Canada.

http://www.westjet.com/promotion/

For some reason, they make it needlessly complicated and require you to enter both a promo code and a coupon code.

Bookings must be made by tonight.
Is $345 return YHZ-YOW a good deal?

$115 one way before taxes and fees

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote