Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hiow do you like the leaked jersey?
Like 185 24.03%
Dislike 585 75.97%
Voters: 770. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #961
Massonite
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I picked one up for my son and I today at Flames Fest. I wasn't sure what to think of it when I saw the EA leak, but it's definitely much nicer in person. I agree that a third jersey should definitely be different and a departure from the standard look. There are definitely a lot worse ones out there. Yeah there are some things I might have done differently, but overall I think it does look nice and I'm sure it will look good with the full uniform.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #962
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I dont think anyone disagrees that if you slapped a flaming C in white or black on this thing and it would have flipped the poll numbers. You seem to miss that the Logo on the front is a pretty important part of the jersey. Screw that up and the jersey is a miss.
While I agree that the logo isn't perfect, for me I can live with it. It's not the worst thing we've ever seen.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #963
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
Anybody notice the black shoulders aren't straight lines, but look like the yoke design of a cowboy shirt? Kind of neat, and another thing EA got wrong.

Good catch. I did not notice that in the jersey until I saw your post. I'm not sure I like this little effect either.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #964
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like them more than our current homes, but less than our previous retro jersey.

People always overanalyze and overreact to new uniforms. I can certainly live with it, and will probably end up buying one.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #965
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign of Fire View Post
How the hell were any of those in consideration...people get paid to come up with this crap?!!!
I kind of like the idea of a "cattle brand" design feature, if it were implemented with a bit more flare than some of those shown.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #966
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's growing on me. The jersey itself is great, it's just the logo that will take some getting used to. Have the pants and socks been shown anywhere yet?
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #967
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was going to make this on a Robert Muncsh "Thomas' Snowsuit" theme, but at the end of that book he decides he likes the snowsuit. Instead, I chose this....cause I hope Calgary gets a swarm of moths of biblical proportions to destroy every last one of these jerseys.

FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #968
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
The official press release says existing pants and gloves will be used, but there will be a new sock for this uni, plus the script on the front will also be a sticker on the side of the black helmet when they wear these.

Be interested to see them with shoulder pads as a complete uniform.

Like them in general, playing up the civic angle is a selling point, especially for us lifetime or longtime Calgary residents.

Though they have to fix the upside down 2 used as a 5, but a refresh on the font is a welcome step ahead.

For a third Jersey, perfectly fine, maybe a bit too much black, and again, the move away from a retro means that the primary set will look more like the retro when it's done in the next few years.

However, if the replicas are as cheap as was posted here, maybe an authentic would be better, but they don't look to be available or not subject to 25% off.

Finally, interesting to see some of the games they want to showcase them, such as Iginla's return.

Last edited by browna; 10-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #969
Galaxy911
Draft Pick

Honestly, i dont mind em, once the boys have their equipment on and are on the ice, i think they'll look a lot better
Galaxy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #970
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Prediction: most of the people that are freaking out will change their tune once they see the team in the jersey and full uniform.

"Oh, that looks a lot better now that I see the entire outfit."

- Buys a jersey the next day.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedMileDJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #971
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't like the jersey logo at all before I actually saw them. They look much better in person.
Once the Flames are wearing them for the Detroit game with pants and socks many more disgruntled fans will love them they look really good.
I must have changed my tune I bought one.
The Colors are bold really stand out.
They were blowing off the racks they were restocking by the time we left the Fan Attic.
I think more haters will change their tune when they see them first hand.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #972
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
and again, the move away from a retro means that the primary set will look more like the retro when it's done in the next few years.
How exactly does it mean that? Obviously that can be speculated, but I think in no way, shape, or form does moving away from the retro now guarantee we're going to them (or a variation of) full time in the future...
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #973
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

So is it the one with the White Flaming C, cause that looks good

edit: nvm, but they should've gone with the White Flaming C...

Last edited by Reign of Fire; 10-28-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #974
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
^
The official press release says existing pants and gloves will be used, but there will be a new sock for this uni, plus the script on the front will also be a sticker on the side of the black helmet when they wear these.

Be interested to see them with shoulder pads as a complete uniform.

Like them in general, playing up the civic angle is a selling point, especially for us lifetime or longtime Calgary residents.

Though they have to fix the upside down 2 used as a 5, but a refresh on the font is a welcome step ahead.

For a third Jersey, perfectly fine, maybe a bit too much black, and again, the move away from a retro means that the primary set will look more like the retro when it's done in the next few years.

However, if the replicas are as cheap as was posted here, maybe an authentic would be better, but they don't look to be available or not subject to 25% off.

Finally, interesting to see some of the games they want to showcase them, such as Iginla's return.
It's not an upside down 2
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #975
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
It's not an upside down 2
The 2 rotated 180 degrees clockwise to make a 5, then?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #976
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The 2 rotated 180 degrees clockwise to make a 5, then?
There's thousands of fonts where the 2 and the 5 seem like they would be similar, with this one, were you to flip the 2 upside down, it would not match up with the 5.

Basically, it's a silly thing to complain about.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #977
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I belong to a minority according to the poll, but I really like those jerseys, beautiful.Smooth, great colours and stripes, there is nothing not to like for me.

Last edited by calgaryboy; 10-28-2013 at 03:42 AM.
calgaryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #978
EM11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Liked them on the EA leak. Like them better in person. I think they look sharp.
EM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #979
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
There's thousands of fonts where the 2 and the 5 seem like they would be similar, with this one, were you to flip the 2 upside down, it would not match up with the 5.

Basically, it's a silly thing to complain about.
I don't have the time to actually snip and post a comparison, but eye-balling them side by side in the released pic I am 99% confident saying that the 5 and 2 are just flipped versions of the same numeric symbol.

People are complaining because the 5 looks odd, and I agree. I don't think it's a silly thing to complain about, but I also don't think it's worth some of the hyperbole being tossed around.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #980
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Good catch. I did not notice that in the jersey until I saw your post. I'm not sure I like this little effect either.
Icethetics mentioned this as well, but I think it's just the way it's hanging on the players shoulders. I could be wrong, but I think the shoulder is just square. Maybe someone who bought a jersey can confirm?
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canucks suck , flames new jersey , oilers suck , third jersey