Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2023, 10:07 AM   #861
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a logical reason why someone would need to do an echeck instead of an etransfer?
Old 07-31-2023, 10:35 AM   #862
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I've been refusing to go on Facebook Marketplace for the longest time because I hate Facebook and don't want to give them more of my personal information.

But Kijiji has become hot garbage.

And Facebook Marketplace is 100x the user experience. The fact that people are using their names actually helps add some trust. Bought & sold a couple thing and its just way better. How is Kijiji still around?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:09 AM   #863
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I've been refusing to go on Facebook Marketplace for the longest time because I hate Facebook and don't want to give them more of my personal information.

And Facebook Marketplace is 100x the user experience. The fact that people are using their names actually helps add some trust. Bought & sold a couple thing and its just way better. How is Kijiji still around?
People like me who refuse to get a Facebook account.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2023, 11:17 AM   #864
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I wish there was a way (maybe there is?) to add items on Facebook Marketplace to a watch list, similar to the "My Favorites" in kijiji. That's the biggest missing piece for me.
psyang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:42 PM   #865
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

you can "save" ads for future review.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:09 PM   #866
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I wish there was a way (maybe there is?) to add items on Facebook Marketplace to a watch list, similar to the "My Favorites" in kijiji. That's the biggest missing piece for me.
You can do a search for an item and then add "Notify me" so you will be notified when new listings match your filters and search terms.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:22 PM   #867
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Always cracks me up when someone is selling a used vehicle of any kind and has a *Firm* price. Haha, what the hell is wrong with you? That’s not how this goes dummy. If your end price in mind is $10500, you ask for $12000 or $11500 and say you’re open to offers. The only exception is if you don’t want to mess around and the price is ridiculously cheap.
Also, if you have no pictures in your ad, or even only one pic, I immediately think you’re an idiot. If your description is only five or ten words, you’re an idiot.
Also, scout around all the sites and see what your particular item is worth before posting an ad with a ridiculous price.
This isn’t rocket appliances, but there are so many strugglers with this stuff.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:54 PM   #868
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve sold an item with a firm price. I stress firm and indicate that’s what I’ll accept, nothing less.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2023, 07:09 PM   #869
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’ve sold an item with a firm price. I stress firm and indicate that’s what I’ll accept, nothing less.
Yeah, so have I. If I just want to get rid of something quick, I'll say that I will accept offers. But if I don't want to sell something that badly, I'll put it as firm for the price it is worth to me.

I don't see why people need to play games or try bartering.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:19 PM   #870
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Yeah, I know it happens. I’m betting though that your price on said item was realistic/reasonable.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:48 PM   #871
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Are any used car prices reasonable these days?
Old 07-31-2023, 07:51 PM   #872
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
Always cracks me up when someone is selling a used vehicle of any kind and has a *Firm* price. Haha, what the hell is wrong with you? That’s not how this goes dummy. If your end price in mind is $10500, you ask for $12000 or $11500 and say you’re open to offers.
Then you'll just get dozens of messages offering $6000...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #873
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Then you'll just get dozens of messages offering $6000...
I always put “Low ball offers will be ignored” I’ve rarely had any and when I get them, I ignore them. Seems easy enough.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:31 PM   #874
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Are any used car prices reasonable these days?
After having just shopped around for my newly turned 16 year old I can say without a doubt - no.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whynotnow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #875
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
People like me who refuse to get a Facebook account.
Hey I hear you, and I wish Kijiji would get their act together, but the user experience is horrible.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:00 PM   #876
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Today was nice. Someone offered $300 on a $390 item I had listed after a few days. Many would get upset and send something snarky or ignore it. I just politely said that was too low, sorry. He responded thanking me for my time and suggesting he was tight and couldn't do it, that's it. I looked at what I got it for and what I was comfortable with and said $340 would do it, but nothing less. He said let's do it.

When he showed up he was super friendly and excited about getting it for his son, very happy to bring it home to him even though he was tight financially (I was like uh oh here we go with the last minute plea for a lower price). When it came time to exchange, he handed me $360 instead of $340, I counted, gave back $20 and he handed it right back and said that's what he was able to do and wouldn't take it back even after a couple attempts to give it to him.

Yeah, kijiji isn't the best, but honestly I have so many more good exchanges than bad ones.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-06-2023 at 09:02 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2023, 10:25 PM   #877
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sold a motorcycle on Kijiji. The experience was great. When I tried to start the bike for him I discovered the battery was dead. He took the bike and I got my money minus a hundred dollars that I offered for a new battery.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:14 PM   #878
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might have mentioned it in this thread, but I bought a fridge on Kijiji many years back.

It was advertised as a smaller, secondary fridge. Perfect. I contacted the seller and asked for make/model/dimensions so that I knew it'd fit in my car and was the size I wanted.

And the crap he sent me back was a complete BS lie.

I get to the other side of the City and everything he told me was Bull####.

That was a full on complete Kitchen fridge. The dimensions?? He made that S### up.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:11 AM   #879
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I listed old encyclopedias for dirt cheap. I'd rather see if someone else wanted them instead of recycling or tossing them. I listed them in Lethbridge area. After a little over a week I got an inquiry for them. They asked if I'd deliver. Well Lethbridge is small enough, as long as I no don't have to cross the river I'd do it for an extra $5... "Where are you located?" The answer was St. Albert.... I took the ad down and recycled them.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:27 AM   #880
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I sold a table, was immediately sent an e-transfer, and they were going to come the next day. That was 10 days ago. They haven't forgotten cause I've got a few updates about trying to pin someone with a truck down.

The table isn't even in the way, but it simply annoys me that it's been 10 days.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote