Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #841
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

yes you should be able to swap it out for a PVR. but it will require a call in to the support people to nuke the existing box.
PsnaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #842
Otsy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is there a better remote than the one that comes with the Telus PVR. It sucks. We're on our second remote. Terrible response time when trying to get to any menu or even the guide. We had a Telus guy out that said they aren't very good and switched it out once already. Just wondering if there's a better one, or I have to keep calling and get it replaced.
Otsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #843
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla View Post
It's that time of year again. Gets a little cold and cloudy and Telus T.V starts freezing. Also the difference between the connection at night and day is day and night. I have almost no problems in the summer, but as soon as October rolls along with some colder weather is when the connection gets bad.
There was a recent update to the Telus TV that your cable box will need to download. Mine got stuck. The solution was to unplug and replug all Telus devices, including router, modem, and cable box. After restarting them all, the update was downloaded with no problems and no more freezing.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #844
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsy View Post
Is there a better remote than the one that comes with the Telus PVR. It sucks. We're on our second remote. Terrible response time when trying to get to any menu or even the guide. We had a Telus guy out that said they aren't very good and switched it out once already. Just wondering if there's a better one, or I have to keep calling and get it replaced.
You can use an ios or Android product to search the guide, change channels and set recordings now. It is very responsive and much faster when looking through the guide.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #845
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
You can use an ios or Android product to search the guide, change channels and set recordings now. It is very responsive and much faster when looking through the guide.
You know the exact name of the App?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #846
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You know the exact name of the App?
I'm pretty sure the app is iOS only right now. They are working on an Android version. Search for Optik at the app store.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #847
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
I returned my equipment on 9/22/12. Telus received it in Richmond, BC on 9/25/12. I hope I don't go through what you guys did.
Looks like I'm in the clear. Received a letter saying my account is closed, and a cheque since I over-paid.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #848
Otsy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I just want them to give me a remote that works. I don't want to buy an ios or Android device
Otsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #849
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

My remote works just fine. I have the one that came with the PVR and have never had a problem with it.

The one that they gave to use with my XBox works as well except that the mute button doesn't work for some reason. Volume works fine but not mute. I could probably fix it but don't really care.

Other than that they worked fine out of the box.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #850
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone else have an issue where the audio glitches out every couple minutes, and sounds like a a woman's voice speaking for a half second? Only had Telus for a week now.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #851
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

With the new update that just came out I am now experiencing audio glitches and picture pixelation...plus a few shows didn't record last week. I had zero issues with the last firmware. It would be nice to be able to go back to it.

Last edited by J Diddy; 11-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #852
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I see that the new remote app doesn't work for the Xbox. Anyone know if that will be updated?

Love the app by the way, works great, now I just need it to work via the Xbox.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #853
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Im Sorry but this Internet is just GARBAGE. My phone/iPad etc getting 1mbps download speed every night on my own personal wifi where as my wired CPU gets 25 mbps. Please god fix your Wifi Routers. Might switch back to Shaw Internet cause this is BS and I shouldn't have to call every night and nothing gets changed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #854
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniel View Post
Im Sorry but this Internet is just GARBAGE. My phone/iPad etc getting 1mbps download speed every night on my own personal wifi where as my wired CPU gets 25 mbps. Please god fix your Wifi Routers. Might switch back to Shaw Internet cause this is BS and I shouldn't have to call every night and nothing gets changed.
I jus trecently got Telus, and their wifi router blows. Once I hooked up my own wifi router to it, everything worked MUCH better.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #855
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The modem placement could have a factor on wifi signal in your house.

personally, I run a time capsule behind that router and use that.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #856
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My router was originally setup in my electrical panel because that is where the line came into the house. I had someone rewire my house so that the router is now on the other side of the house and not next to a giant ball of interference.

When the router was in the electrical cabinet I couldn't even get full bars on my iPad when in the room right above the router. Now I get full bars and the router is on the other side of the house.

Interference plays a huge part in your wireless signal. Are you able to move the router?

PsnaP...do you need to contact Telus to use your own router or do you just turn off the WiFi on the Telus router when using your own? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #857
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You can just turn off your wifi.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsnaP For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #858
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnaP View Post
You can just turn off your wifi.
Perfect thank you.

Do I still let the Telus Router do the DHCP?
Does the network cable from the Telus router go out from a LAN port and into the new routers WAN port?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #859
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Perfect thank you.

Does the network cable from the Telus router go out from a LAN port and into the new routers WAN port?
That's how I did it. I left the telus box doing DHCP in part because I have a few wired clients and I connected my AirPort Extreme as you described. Turned off the telus wireless, gave the extreme the same Sid and everything resumed working without a hitch. I was also able to place the extreme in a more central location to get better overall wifi
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #860
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Perfect thank you.

Yes i believe so.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsnaP For This Useful Post: