Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #841
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Be A Pro offline works fine, Be a Pro online (Online Team Play) is what is broken.

Also, screw the Vancouver Canucks and Ryan Kesler, honestly, this game thinks he is god. No matter how ####e of a scoring position he is in, it goes in. Every time I play the Canucks I get about 9 penalties, if I play any other team, I get about 2-3 penalties.

And Daniel Sedin will NEVER crush Iginla. Sure, make them a 90, but they shouldn't be able to hit like a freight train. It is ridiculous.

Also, anyone who plays as the Canucks online is a d-bag, fruit and is a terrible person in real life. They leave when your leading, they play keep away when they have the lead, they never hit A and always watch the replays/entrances.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #842
Rhetts_the_Best
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

XBOX
I recently had to delete a corrupt file, which just so happened to be my NHL profile i guess
Lost 4 of my boost slots, Legend card and numerous +5 boosts

Anyone else ever have this program
Rhetts_the_Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #843
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So after having this game for well over a month now I am selling this pos. The AI is beyond stupid and plays are predictable. Half the time when you are rushing up the ice and wide open your teammate just dumps it in. In Be A Pro mode when you are on the ice the opposition plays everything perfectly and if you are a playmaker they will pretty much block every pass and be in perfect position and they agressively check you but when you are on the bench your teammates sometimes can just stand there with the puck in the offensive zone and nobody touches them. Goalies make fantastic saves on great plays but then let a weak backhander from the blueline in. Blades Of Steel was more fun then this game, I think unless someone else puts an NHL game out I will pass on any more EA titles.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #844
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^ Seriously, go buy FIFA 11. It isn't hockey, but it's still the most enjoyable (sport related) video game I've ever owned (title claimed from NHL '96).

It's playable in 10min to 12hour increments, the AI is solid-to-excellent, graphics are terrific, mode play is well thought-out and (to this point) bug free.

Spend $40, play a couple premiership seasons, and wait until NHL 12 (with first patch) is released. You'll be glad you did.
WilsonFourTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WilsonFourTwo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #845
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They really need to improve on the AI. I have almost given up playing ranked va games because the game is just so broken. My record is 27-11-3 but I find myself yelling at tw tv every game because the AI and gameplay mechanics are so bad.

I like the physics engine, even though it isn't realistic at all, bit everything else is just terrible.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #846
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aren't you supposed to be able to send 20 year old former CHL players to the AHL? I have 3 players, all 20 before the start of the offseason, who can't be sent to the AHL during the pre-season.

EA really laid an egg this year.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #847
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the AI is pretty decent. Some bad spots of course, but it's provided me with tons of entertainment.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #848
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was drafted 12 overall by Carolina as a LW playmaker, in my first 6 games I had 3 goals and 6 assists and I got a notice from my GM saying they were moving me to the 3rd line because they were not happy with my play. Seriously??? In what world does a rookie have a start like that and the team come to him and say "Hey, you lead all rookies in scoring, the team in scoring, and are blowing away your goals, we are not happy with that and demoting you down the lineup." Broke I tell you.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #849
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I was drafted 12 overall by Carolina as a LW playmaker, in my first 6 games I had 3 goals and 6 assists and I got a notice from my GM saying they were moving me to the 3rd line because they were not happy with my play. Seriously??? In what world does a rookie have a start like that and the team come to him and say "Hey, you lead all rookies in scoring, the team in scoring, and are blowing away your goals, we are not happy with that and demoting you down the lineup." Broke I tell you.
Similar thing happened to me. I was drafted by the Rangers 1st overall, I had something like 12 points in 3 games and was demoted to the AHL. Luckily I was traded to Nashville where I stayed on the first line.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #850
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The game is just fundamentally flawed through and through. Especially for offline gamers.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #851
Crazy Bacon Legs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I keep meaning to pick NHL 11 up again to play some BaP, but then I always remember how annoyingly broken the game is. I actually start to get irritated just thinking about the game. I like to play goal, but watching the AI play keepaway and then fire a grand total of 3 shots a game is not my idea of fun.

I haven't picked it up since about week 2 after it came out. I am sick of playing a half-finished game at full price. I won't be getting this year's patch (aka NHL 12) unless they very fundamentally change a lot of things, which they won't.

And this makes me sad, since I have bought every single NHL game since the start. But I honestly question just what it is the developers are doing all year since so much is left broken when the game releases.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #852
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bacon Legs View Post
I keep meaning to pick NHL 11 up again to play some BaP, but then I always remember how annoyingly broken the game is. I actually start to get irritated just thinking about the game. I like to play goal, but watching the AI play keepaway and then fire a grand total of 3 shots a game is not my idea of fun.

I haven't picked it up since about week 2 after it came out. I am sick of playing a half-finished game at full price. I won't be getting this year's patch (aka NHL 12) unless they very fundamentally change a lot of things, which they won't.

And this makes me sad, since I have bought every single NHL game since the start. But I honestly question just what it is the developers are doing all year since so much is left broken when the game releases.
I think at this point it is an obvious cash grab by EA.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #853
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bacon Legs View Post

if you're bored mess with the sliders.....i love setting the opposing cpu to crazy and my cpus to be ####. be careful with the shot power though since that stuff really jacks up the power
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #854
TylerSVT
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I think at this point it is an obvious cash grab by EA.
Which is why i didnt buy NHL 11, they didnt fix enough of the problems and instead added things that were in other editions before it.

EA likes to con the users, i got ticked when NHL 10 was pretty much the same as NHL 09 and i felt like i got jacked out of 60 bucks.
TylerSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #855
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

First NHL 12 Screenshot:

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #856
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^ I wonder if the devs realize hockey is usually 5 on 5

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #857
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

You can run the goalie now!!!!

Signing the biggest guy in Be a GM and pasting Luongo until he gets injured. Going to be great.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #858
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i bet i'm gonna love getting run when i play net >.<.......
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #859
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
You can run the goalie now!!!!
Finally!
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #860
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Screw you and your crappy hockey games EA.

Tags
ea sports , nhl 11 , video game