Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2023, 05:58 PM   #781
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Schneider’s two hits in the last game were against a triple A call up not against a guy like Jhoan Duran. Schneider struggled mightily against velo so it wasn’t a great matchup.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 05:58 PM   #782
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Jays showed us all year who they were. Stellar pitching and bottom of the pack offense. You are only winning so many games with 3 or 4 .220 hitters with little to no pop. It was a poorly constructed roster from the get go and Schneider didn't help with his shuffling of the deck every game.

Find some actual position players that can play everyday. Jays need a CF, 2B, 3B and a DH. #### off with this flexibility bull#### and get me a DH that can change a game with one swing. If you are going to hit .220 you better have 25+ homeruns.

What a waste of a fantastic pitching staff.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #783
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Schneider been fired yet?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #784
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Also gotta say these three game playoff series suck terribly. The one thing the nhl has going for it is the sheer excitement and drama in round one.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #785
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Maybe Kirk, Vlad, and Manoah will show up in shape next year. One can dream
I doubt Manoah pitches for the Jays again. But in general yes, these guys need to put in the work this off season.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #786
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
Schneider’s two hits in the last game were against a triple A call up not against a guy like Jhoan Duran. Schneider struggled mightily against velo so it wasn’t a great matchup.
Were Varsho and Kirk good matchups?
Jiggy_12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:01 PM   #787
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jamie Campbell just said it was 21 years since they won a World Series…it’s actually been 31 years…####.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #788
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really if there is a move the management team wants back it's Moreno and Gurriel Jr for Varsho.

Move Kirk for a defensive outfielder, keep Moreno and Jansen as your catchers, and with Kiermayer, Springer, Gurriel and the return for Kirk in the outfield you're in great shape.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2023, 06:04 PM   #789
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think manger Schneider helped with moving Davis Schneider all over the batting order. He plays two games and is hitting clean up? And then 2 and then 5 and the sitting. Just a terrible manager. Been like that all year. I hated Montoyo for that but Schneider might be worse.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #790
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
Were Varsho and Kirk good matchups?
Kirk was a decent matchup. Varsho was not great but, with the entire season on the line, Schneider coming cold off the bench against a guy who throws 105mph having been very bad for the past month especially against velocity wasn’t a good option.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:06 PM   #791
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
I don't think manger Schneider helped with moving Davis Schneider all over the batting order. He plays two games and is hitting clean up? And then 2 and then 5 and the sitting. Just a terrible manager. Been like that all year. I hated Montoyo for that but Schneider might be worse.
I wouldn’t argue Schneider is perfect but he was handed a makeshift lineup made worse by a struggling Vlad. Hard to blame him for trying IMO.

This was not a well constructed lineup and that’s on the front office.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:08 PM   #792
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Really if there is a move the management team wants back it's Moreno and Gurriel Jr for Varsho.

Move Kirk for a defensive outfielder, keep Moreno and Jansen as your catchers, and with Kiermayer, Springer, Gurriel and the return for Kirk in the outfield you're in great shape.
But Gurriel was too "goofy".

Watch him take the Diamondbacks far.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:09 PM   #793
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

The most damning fact is they lost to the thing they had struggled with all year to zero serious changes being made to address them. They added minor parts to the bull pen... wait hold on this is last year...

The most damning fact is they lost to the thing they had struggled with all year to zero changes being made to address them. They shuffled the deck chairs on the titanic while moving players around, but they never even tried to change approaches, tactics nothing. Just go up and swing away, strike outs are fine.

I'm not ready to give up on Vlad yet. I am ready to give up on this dug out staff and management. Send em all packing. Two years in a row of one major flaw being ignored by coaches and management is too many years.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 10-04-2023 at 06:11 PM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2023, 06:14 PM   #794
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
The most damning fact is they lost to the thing they had struggled with all year to zero serious changes being made to address them. They added minor parts to the bull pen... wait hold on this is last year...

The most damning fact is they lost to the thing they had struggled with all year to zero changes being made to address them. They shuffled the deck chairs on the titanic while moving players around, but they never even tried to change approaches, tactics nothing. Just go up and swing away, strike outs are fine.

I'm not ready to give up on Vlad yet. I am ready to give up on this dug out staff and management. Send em all packing. Two years in a row of one major flaw being ignored by coaches and management is too many years.
For me it’s the GM chair for the reasons you outlined. No meaningful upgrades to the offense despite it being a glaring hole
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:14 PM   #795
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:

They traded goofiness and strikeouts for seriousness and contact. Or so they thought.

The one thing they refuse to address is baserunning. You dont have to steal but you have to put runners in motion and understand situations.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2023, 06:23 PM   #796
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I'm not even asking for trades or moves that send pieces out. #### me, change something in house. Call guys up more. Drop Vlad to the bottom of the line up. Sit him. Do something, anything other than status quo.

After looking god awful yesterday they trotted out the exact same line up. Why? Your season is on the line. Do something. It's been the same #### for two years. Fire the batting coach. Bring back Dante Bichette in a mustache. Make all the hitters see a sports psychologist to ask why they're afraid to hit the ball. Do something!

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2023, 06:26 PM   #797
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
I wouldn’t argue Schneider is perfect but he was handed a makeshift lineup made worse by a struggling Vlad. Hard to blame him for trying IMO.

This was not a well constructed lineup and that’s on the front office.
I can agree that the line up was lack lustre from the get go. Management evaluations were way off on few players. But they talked extensively about changing how they play, more small ball rather than playing for the big inning and that lasted about 10 games. One could tell halfway through the season that the hitting wasn't coming around but they never changed their approach. So many lead off doubles ended with the runner on 3rd. Even today. You scored one run yesterday move that lead off hitter around. But no, let's swing away at bad pitches. That's on the manager.

His handling off the pitching staff was worse.I think he cost the team 5-8 wins with bad pitching decisions and that is not counting today. I have never liked him or Montoyo. I hate that approach they have.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:27 PM   #798
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least I found Montoyo likeable as a person.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:27 PM   #799
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not even asking for trades or moves that send pieces out. #### me, change something in house. Call guys up more. Drop Vlad to the bottom of the line up. Sit him. Do something, anything other than status quo.

After looking god awful yesterday they trotted out the exact same line up. Why? Your season is on the line. Do something. It's been the same #### for two years. Fire the batting coach. Bring back Dante Bichette in a mustache. Make all the hitters see a sports psychologist to ask why they're afraid to hit the ball. Do something!
Team hasn't hit well since Dante Bichette left. I would 100% get him back.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:50 PM   #800
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx_pgLwprAZ