Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #61
flamesgirl18
Backup Goalie

Exp:

#13 Cammalleri and #47 Baertschi.

Getting the #13 changed over to Gaudreau but sadly there's no hope for switching over the #47. Also have a Lombardi jersey hanging in the closet but as a female Flames fan I don't have any regrets about that one - I still pull it out occasionally!
flamesgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #62
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Get the 7 switched for a 2 and put Makarov on there? Obviously a foul because it's not vintage but still an option. Or switch the 4 for a 3 and Ortio it up?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #63
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Also in the no regrets category: I have 2 Sandy McCarthy jerseys, home and away pedestal era. Beauties, they're both just way too big for me sadly.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #64
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I do own this jersey, some regrets.

Spoiler!
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #65
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
Think I've told this story before here, but it warrants mentioning again either way haha.

Back at the start of 07 a friend of mine had finally gotten into hockey enough to buy his first flames jersey, but his parents couldn't afford the cresting right away. It was a few weeks after Christmas when his mom had his jersey sent away to get it all done up. When it finally came back he was so freaking ecstatic he decided to wear it to school the next day... however, since his house didn't get the paper delivered to it and we didn't really have cells back then, he showed up to school completely unaware that the player who's name he had JUST gotten stitched onto the jersey had been traded the previous night. I had a pretty hard time not laughing myself into a coma when he showed up the next day and utterly refused to believe me until I showed him the paper. He's never worn it even once since, it's been sitting in his garage for the past 8 years.

If you're curious, it was a Kobasew jersey, which is pretty regrettable in it's own right
Lol, I've had several jerseys but I've never had the money to get them crested or have a name put on.

So my wife (girlfriend at the time) bought me a beautiful 1989 Retro Stanley Cup Champions jersey with 'REGEHR' on it and his 'A' and everything. A minor jersey faux-pas but it was a gift and its an awesome jersey and its the thought that counts and he was my favourite player.

She got me that for Christmas. He was traded two months later at the deadline.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #66
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

Spoiler!
Oh man, the crappy numerical font and everything. That....is grim.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #67
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesgirl18 View Post
#13 Cammalleri and #47 Baertschi.

Getting the #13 changed over to Gaudreau but sadly there's no hope for switching over the #47. Also have a Lombardi jersey hanging in the closet but as a female Flames fan I don't have any regrets about that one - I still pull it out occasionally!
I imaigine Calgary is one of the only teams to have two #13s from North America.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #68
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Also in the no regrets category: I have 2 Sandy McCarthy jerseys, home and away pedestal era. Beauties, they're both just way too big for me sadly.
I'd take one. Prior to Iginla he was my favourite Flame.

I've got a #7 Bertuzzi Flames jersey as well. That jersey has seen some things.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #69
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

As mentioned in the previous thread:

And although I liked Cammalleri when he was here, not really a jersey I'd still rock at the dome. Moreso regret the fact that it's not a #13, for obvious reasons.

Odds & Ends
- I have two horsehead jerseys. Hate the jersey but wanted to have one of every jersey iteration. Somehow I ended up with two of these monstrosities.
- Also have one with my last name on it that I had done a number of years ago. Sort of regret it, sort of don't.

Jerseys I certainly don't regret:

- Having Commodore & Oliwa sign my 04 cup patch jersey when I was rather inebriated at Lucky on 17th.
- An autographed Gio jersey I got for an embarrassingly low price for a charity auction on CP.
- 2 autographed Fleury jerseys. Bought one off a CP'er when he made training camp (in 09?), wore it to his book signing and he signed the jersey too.

And finally, one I'll never regret:

Mentioned it in another thread, but I bought this the summer before he only played 8 games for us before being sent down to Adirondack and I regret nothing. It's still my go-to jersey at the Dome. Love the guy, embodies the mantra of the Flames "Never Quit" this year. Does whatever he needed to do for the team. From the comeback after his issues with alcohol, to mentoring the young guys and being a big X-factor off the ice for some of our players that have had break-out years this year, this is one jersey I'll gladly keep in the rotation for years to come.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #70
Sakic19
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Game 5 at a bar in Kamloops a guy was sporting an Andre Nazarov white flames jersey
Sakic19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sakic19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #71
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
I bet you were hot #### in grade 5 though.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #72
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
An original one?? I'd buy it off you.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #73
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Double post...sorry

Last edited by iamca; 04-27-2015 at 01:28 PM.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:27 PM   #74
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had a then home (White) Pro CCM jersey with #53 Derek Morris that was a major regret after he did not develop as he should have and then was run out of town like a common pygmy.

I took this jersey to the folks at Great Plains and had they renumber and label as #3 Phaneuf...strike 2! (see above for similar reasons).

Finally, I had good judgement and took the same jersey with the Alternate Captain A and had Great Plains renumber and letter to #5 Giordano...Woo Hoo.

All 3 players wore the A, all played D, and were either #5, #3, or a combo of the 2, however Gio rocks so this jersey is never changing.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #75
dakeyras
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I still rock my 2004 Warrener jersey all the time, but maybe its time to upgrade? Was thinking of grabbing a Johnny for next season. I hate feeling like "part of the crowd" (as you can see with the Warrener jersey), but I love the Johnny hockey story.
So there IS someone else out there with a Warrener jersey after all. Other than Rhett, that is. I'm still proud of that one & wear it to Flames games when I get tickets.

Regrets: When Tanguay was 1st acquired, a whole bunch of sellers on ebay had jerseys with his name....but they were #18 which is what he was wearing in Colorado at the time. It was the black horse head jersey & the price was like $50. I was absolutely sure Lombardi would give up #18 to Tanguay.....

I liked Tanguay but I never wore it because he never changed to #18. Ended up selling it on ebay for more than I paid though.
dakeyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #76
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I rock the #17 Bourque, which was cool for about 2 years.

Think I'll get it changed to Bouma or Brodie.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #77
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
I will buy it off you
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #78
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
Is the regret that you only own one of them?
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #79
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I rock the #17 Bourque, which was cool for about 2 years.

Think I'll get it changed to Bouma or Brodie.
Go Bouma. Going to look weird if you just take the 1 off.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #80
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cant think of a single one.....

I rarely pay full price so they dont hit as hard when they crash and burn. But two jerseys I had customized at full price that I regret is Baertschi and Penguins Iginla.
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote