Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #61
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I had the same thought about the guards immediately fighting them. I guess they could have communicated with prior guards aboard the train? Seemed loose though.

I'm wondering if this loki was one of the brainwashed TVA variant workers and somehow broke free of that.

Anyone have any ideas on how they're escaping the planet?
I would bet its the Bi-Frost.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #62
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I was thinking it may be- but it would be another twist. We were already confirmed that Ragnarok occurred in the "sacred timeline" before 2077, so the bifrost shouldn't be kicking around anymore. But it's very possible they have entered a variant timeline created in the mass bombing prior.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #63
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was thinking it may be- but it would be another twist. We were already confirmed that Ragnarok occurred in the "sacred timeline" before 2077, so the bifrost shouldn't be kicking around anymore. But it's very possible they have entered a variant timeline created in the mass bombing prior.
Alright, well, the timelines are little messy and I'm no expert on this stuff, but isnt it just the Rainbow Bridge that was destroyed? Because Thor's Axe could operate the Bi-Frost according to Giant Peter Dinklage and is that not how Thor got to Earth in Infinity War?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #64
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Mobius will rescue them.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #65
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mobius probably shows up to save the day.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #66
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I had the same thought about the guards immediately fighting them. I guess they could have communicated with prior guards aboard the train? Seemed loose though.

I'm wondering if this loki was one of the brainwashed TVA variant workers and somehow broke free of that.

Anyone have any ideas on how they're escaping the planet?
I'm guessing Loki has Sylvie enchanted and they don't need to escape. There are multiple points it could have happened like when Sylvie tried to enchant Loki and it just failed on him or when Sylvie says "she can't fall asleep in a place like this" then immediately falls asleep afterwards.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #67
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I'm guessing Loki has Sylvie enchanted and they don't need to escape. There are multiple points it could have happened like when Sylvie tried to enchant Loki and it just failed on him or when Sylvie says "she can't fall asleep in a place like this" then immediately falls asleep afterwards.
Man, I would be pissed if they did the "it was all a dream" thing. My money is also on Morbius.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #68
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Man, I would be pissed if they did the "it was all a dream" thing. My money is also on Morbius.
Pseudoreality gets pissed at possible pseudoreality lol

Other possibilities that could be. Loki made an illusion that they ran out of batteries when they weren't to learn more about Sylvie and nothing was really destroyed when he got ejected from the train.

Sylvie clearly doesn't have great magic skills compared to Loki so she might not have noticed the slight of hand.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #69
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Maybe Loki grabbed a handful of infinity stone paperweights and has a space stone in his pocket.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #70
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ah yes, this would be much more Loki. I like it. Everything from Loki singing on was all in her mind, which also helps to explain the seeming random laziness of the last bit.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #71
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Pseudoreality gets pissed at possible pseudoreality lol

Other possibilities that could be. Loki made an illusion that they ran out of batteries when they weren't to learn more about Sylvie and nothing was really destroyed when he got ejected from the train.

Sylvie clearly doesn't have great magic skills compared to Loki so she might not have noticed the slight of hand.
Pseudorealities can be cool if done right, i.e. the Matrix, 13th Floor, etc., but it was all a dream is not a way to resolve a cliffhanger.

I like your other idea that the damaged pad is a Loki illusion that he did to get more information out of Sylvie. That fits better with his motivations and actions on the train.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #72
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Maybe Loki grabbed a handful of infinity stone paperweights and has a space stone in his pocket.
That shouldn't work tho since the space stone in the sacred timeline still exists in an atomized form so any he grabbed "should" still be paperweights right?
Old 06-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #73
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That shouldn't work tho since the space stone in the sacred timeline still exists in an atomized form so any he grabbed "should" still be paperweights right?
That depends the TVA stated that Loki stealing the space stone creating the variance not the avengers incursion. So the action of going further back in time to get a Space Stone was a variant event that eventually gets corrected when Rogers goes back and drops of the stones back where they came from.

The infinity stones from the past also worked in the MCU timeline which either means the comic book “stones don’t work in other multiverses” doesn’t hold or the stones taken from the Avenegers 1 time jump work in the Sacred timeline.

Therefore the Space Stone Loki stole from the Avengers should function on the Sacred timeline because the time stone stolen from the same time also worked.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #74
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Pseudorealities can be cool if done right, i.e. the Matrix, 13th Floor, etc., but it was all a dream is not a way to resolve a cliffhanger.

I like your other idea that the damaged pad is a Loki illusion that he did to get more information out of Sylvie. That fits better with his motivations and actions on the train.
Sir...this is not a dating website...

Old 06-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #75
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Spoiler!

I find it odd how they have depowered the Asgardians, atleast physically. In the first Thor we saw Volstagg casualty lift a car to help a little girl look under it, yet here we are seeing physical struggle against ordinary humans. Loki took a beating from the Hulk in the Avengers that would have killed a human too.

I figure it is an inconsistency for the plot, otherwise the Asgardians might just be too dang strong. There would be little reason for them to sneak onto the train, they could have just taken it.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #76
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
Spoiler!

I find it odd how they have depowered the Asgardians, atleast physically. In the first Thor we saw Volstagg casualty lift a car to help a little girl look under it, yet here we are seeing physical struggle against ordinary humans. Loki took a beating from the Hulk in the Avengers that would have killed a human too.

I figure it is an inconsistency for the plot, otherwise the Asgardians might just be too dang strong. There would be little reason for them to sneak onto the train, they could have just taken it.
Loki is a Frost Giant, so I don't know how similar his strength and power is to that of true Asgardians. He always seemed much weaker than Thor and others, relying more on his cunning and deception.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 06-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #77
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
Spoiler!

I actually like it.

I feel that Marvel has done a good job thus far of not having any 'Gods' per se.

Their powers change and evolve and their strength depends on circumstances.

By the letter Thor should have been able to easily handle the attack on New York solo. Captain America should never have been able to actually fight Thanos, etc.

I like that there is power, but nobody is overpowered.

The scene in Infinity War when Thor, Groot and Rocket show up is still one of my absolute favourites.

Overpowering your heroes is when you get DC where everyone is invincible and immortal but unable to actually do anything of any substance unless Superman does it for them. So many punches...

Old 06-24-2021, 08:31 PM   #78
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

/\
Pretty much agree, it's a bit of a misplaces critique of DC, they suck but not because of powers, it's about characters, and motivation, and fun, and commitment to their own conceits/world building, they lack any coherent sense of any of these things.

I once heard some say vibranium would more properly be named narrativium. Because it does whatever is required to push the narrative forward. In general this is pretty much what all superpowers are. Hell even James Bond gets completely different gadgets every movie that just happen to match the narrative perfectly. If you're going to choose this as a hangup you'll just never find movies to enjoy.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #79
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Loki is a Frost Giant, so I don't know how similar his strength and power is to that of true Asgardians. He always seemed much weaker than Thor and others, relying more on his cunning and deception.
And they are a threat to Asgard. We have seen frost giants harm Fandral and Volstagg.

In comics your average Asgard related character is stronger than Spider-Man, but Thor, Loki, Sif and the Warriors three are not average. Thor is way stronger than Loki but Loki is still a physical force and his magic wicked.

They needed to tone that back or the narrative would suffer. But I still think he should be bullet proof atleast.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:43 PM   #80
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This one felt like a big budget Doctor Who episode.

Still enjoyable though.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post: