Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Cammalleri ($2M retained salary): 1st rounder from a good team like Ottawa
It'd have to be a team like Ottawa... cause Ottawa's is already gone in the Ryan trade.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #62
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
It'd have to be a team like Ottawa... cause Ottawa's is already gone in the Ryan trade.
They still have their more important 2015 1st round pick (though I would assume trying to pry that one away would be next to impossible - few teams are ever willing to trade 2 consecutive 1st round picks).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #63
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
You left out who I think will be at least top 5---Sam Bennett
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #64
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For those that really dig into that draft stuff, we've announced a new monthly newsletter (just $2.99/month) with the first release slated for October 1:

Quote:
The 2013-14 hockey season is officially upon us, and with a new season comes a new offering from Future Considerations.

Future Considerations is ready to break you back into the hockey season with our ’2014 NHL Draft Newsletter’ series, a monthly release bringing you the latest news, notes, scouting reports and rankings to your inbox every 30 days.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-in...ft-newsletter/
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #65
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

More to do with the 2015 draft obviously, but I've heard McDavid has been really disappointing so far in the first handful of games this season. Perhaps the expectations of being the next Crosby are getting to him.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #66
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CALGARY, AB — The 2013-14 hockey season is just a few weeks old, but it doesn’t take long to see draft eligibles emerge to the top of the 2014 NHL Draft class.

And as the season changes from summer to fall, so to does Future Considerations’ draft rankings. A summer of hard work coupled by — in some cases — strong performances at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial have helped some of the draft’s elite talent rise to the top.

Still, Future Considerations’ best talent remains at the top.

Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice, who topped FC’s preliminary ranking in July, remains the draft’s top prospect. He continues to be chased by Barrie Colts defenseman Aaron Ekblad and Rogle pivot William Nylander.
Full Top-30 Here
Full Top-100 (with Subscription) Here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #67
Tilley
Retired Aksarben Correspondent

Exp:

Does the monthly newsletter replace the pre-season and mid-season guides?

If the plan is to continue with the pre-season and mid-season guides, is Future Considerations planning on the discount for CPers that subscribe to the season long package?
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #68
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Does the monthly newsletter replace the pre-season and mid-season guides?

If the plan is to continue with the pre-season and mid-season guides, is Future Considerations planning on the discount for CPers that subscribe to the season long package?
We're doing the monthly newsletter as a replacement for the Intro and Midterm Guides, yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #69
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For those curious, our October ranking for the 2014 NHL Draft by the numbers:

Quote:
Wondering how Future Considerations’ October ranking for the 2014 NHL Draft shakes down?

So were we, so we took a ‘By The Numbers’ approach to calculate which countries, leagues and positions were dominating the 2014 NHL Draft.

The numbers may surprise you.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/octob...by-the-number/

Last edited by FCAV; 10-04-2013 at 11:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #70
Day Tripper
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Michael Dal Colle is off to a hot start (10 PTS in his first 5 GP) and is a fairly late birthday (June 20, 1996). I've watched a bit of him early this season and he was impressive. Think he has a good shot of moving into the top 3?
Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #71
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
Michael Dal Colle is off to a hot start (10 PTS in his first 5 GP) and is a fairly late birthday (June 20, 1996). I've watched a bit of him early this season and he was impressive. Think he has a good shot of moving into the top 3?
Well we have him sixth, so it's not entirely inconceivable that he can jump into the top-5 and eventually the top-3. There's a lot of room for movement in this year's draft class as everyone has started jockeying for position.

Quote:
Rank / Pos. / Name / Team / League / Ht / Wt /

1). C Sam Reinhart, Kootenay (WHL), 6-1, 185
2). D Aaron Ekblad, Barrie (OHL), 6-4, 215
3). C William Nylander, Rogle (Allsvenskan), 5-11, 170
4). C Leon Draisaitl, Prince Albert (WHL), 6-2, 210
5). LW Sam Bennett, Kingston (OHL), 6-0, 180
6). C Michael Dal Colle, Oshawa (OHL), 6-2, 180
7). LW Nick Ritchie, Peterborough (OHL), 6-2, 230
8). RW Anton Karlsson, Frolunda J20 (SuperElit), 6-1, 190
9). C Jake Virtanen, Calgary (WHL), 6-1, 210
10). D Haydn Fleury, Red Deer (WHL), 6-3, 200

Last edited by FCAV; 10-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #72
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any of you draft gurus know anything about Jaedon Descheneau from the Kootenay Ice and what round he might end up going? I'm a huge Ice fan, but since I've moved away I haven't got a chance to see them all that much.

But this Descheneau kid is ripping it up right now. Seven goals, seven assists in seven games. He's behind only Sam Reinhart on the Ice and he's fifth in WHL scoring.

He's a right handed center, but yikes, he's only 5'8" and 177lbs. I know there's a place for small players in the NHL, but not many.

Does this kid have feistiness? Grit? He can obviously score.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #73
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Any of you draft gurus know anything about Jaedon Descheneau from the Kootenay Ice and what round he might end up going? I'm a huge Ice fan, but since I've moved away I haven't got a chance to see them all that much.

But this Descheneau kid is ripping it up right now. Seven goals, seven assists in seven games. He's behind only Sam Reinhart on the Ice and he's fifth in WHL scoring.

He's a right handed center, but yikes, he's only 5'8" and 177lbs. I know there's a place for small players in the NHL, but not many.

Does this kid have feistiness? Grit? He can obviously score.
good stats but without learning more about him, do the flames have room for another small winger? i'd look at a big left wing like Virtanen.
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #74
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^LW is our biggest strength in the prospect pool.
I would prefer a D over anything but if not another C or a C who can play RW.
Would love to see us end up with 2 first rounders and take Ekblad/McKeown and Ho-Sang/Reinhart

I feel like this is an underrated draft class.

Last edited by Crumpy-Gunt; 10-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #75
herashak
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Virtanen is a right handed shot wonder if he can play RW
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #76
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Any of you draft gurus know anything about Jaedon Descheneau from the Kootenay Ice and what round he might end up going?
I was surprised that he wasn't taken this year ... not too many players are overlooked after scoring more than a PPG in their draft year. Scouts must feel that a) his size is really a problem and b) his stats are inflated because he's playing with Reinhart. I read that he wasn't even invited to an NHL camp. But he wouldn't be the first small undrafted player to make it to the show anyway. Tyler Johnson is a prime example right now.

I took a quick look at the 2015 class ... you know, beside McDavid. Seems like there could be some nice consolation prices available if you're looking for a center: Jack Eichel, Dylan Strome, Mathew Barzal and Travis Konecny are all highly rated. Eichel is a very good prospect going the USDP/USHL route, while Ryan Strome's brother Dylan plays on the Erie Otters like McDavid and he has 5 points in 6 games. Barzal (Seattle/WHL) is another intriguing center prospect, he has 11 points after 8 games. Travis Konecny is on a PPG in the OHL as well (3+4 in 7 games for Ottawa).
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #77
herashak
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

To me its
1)mcdavid
2)barzal
3)konecy
4)eichel
5)Strome
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #78
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I feel like McDavid wont be at the top of the rankings by the time 2015 draft rolls around.
Just my gut feeling. The kids a great talent but I can see 1 or 2 more top talents developing from now until the draft that will make the GM picking 1st in 2015 think twice about their decision.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #79
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpy-Gunt View Post
I feel like McDavid wont be at the top of the rankings by the time 2015 draft rolls around.
Just my gut feeling. The kids a great talent but I can see 1 or 2 more top talents developing from now until the draft that will make the GM picking 1st in 2015 think twice about their decision.
Well, MacKinnon was highly touted a few years before this past draft as well, and this past draft ended up being one of the better drafts in the last 10 years with elite talent. It was close, but he was still selected 1st over-all.

McDavid is even more highly touted than MacKinnon was at the same age, and I don't think that draft will be as highly anticipated either. I would be very shocked if he wasn't the 1st over-all selection that year.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #80
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
Virtanen is a right handed shot wonder if he can play RW
MacKenzie has him listed at RW. I like this kid.