Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2023, 11:42 AM   #61
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing mad about that at all from Kane's pov. What's so mad about it?

Wasted everybody's time? It's actually very smart from him. There has been zero indication that I'm aware of that Kane indicated he wanted the move to Bayern.

He owes Levy sweet FA. He controls the play. He can now turn around and say I don't want to go there for 86m but I'll go there or there.

Why should he sit back and let Levy dictate where he goes? And who cares about wasting anyone's time but his own considering he's dealing with an individual that reneged on a so called agreement a while back and wasted 2 years of his life.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:47 AM   #62
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Market price has now been established.

There's potentially the option of selling him to a PL team and recouping something. But Levy is being Levy

But if he goes to FA next year he's looking at ~£500/year
Market price for a non-PL team though.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #63
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Wasted everybody's time? It's actually very smart from him. There has been zero indication that I'm aware of that Kane indicated he wanted the move to Bayern.

He owes Levy sweet FA. He controls the play. He can now turn around and say I don't want to go there for 86m but I'll go there or there.

Why should he sit back and let Levy dictate where he goes? And who cares about wasting anyone's time but his own considering he's dealing with an individual that reneged on a so called agreement a while back and wasted 2 years of his life.
it's smart if you believe that Levy will budge and sell him for the same price to another PL club. I think we both know the likelihood of that. But hey, Kane was naive/dumb enough to think that Levy would let him bolt three years after signing a six year deal without an out clause, so I wouldn't actually be surprised if he was naive/dumb yet again.

and as far as indication goes, Bayern have said for weeks that Kane has clearly indicated to them that he wants the move. Heck, Uli Hoeness was dumb enough to openly say so in an interview.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 12:11 PM   #64
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
it's smart if you believe that Levy will budge and sell him for the same price to another PL club. I think we both know the likelihood of that. But hey, Kane was naive/dumb enough to think that Levy would let him bolt three years after signing a six year deal without an out clause, so I wouldn't actually be surprised if he was naive/dumb yet again.

and as far as indication goes, Bayern have said for weeks that Kane has clearly indicated to them that he wants the move. Heck, Uli Hoeness was dumb enough to openly say so in an interview.
You're talking as if Levy is in a position of strength here. Kane holds all the cards.
If Kane decides not to go Levy has three plays. But realistically two.

a) Recoup 90 odd million and sell to a PL team.
b) Don't sell to a PL team. Lose out on a potential 90million and watch as Kane goes anyways next season on a free
c) Sell to Spanish or Italian market (highly unlikely).

If it's b) teams can afford to give him a 4yr/500k contract for virtually the price of the transfer fee alone.

I'm sure Kane could care less if Levy decides not to sell him to a PL club this year. If he doesn't it actually guarantees him a bigger wage next season.

Similarly. Maybe Levy was dumb enough to think that Kane will simply go to wherever he chooses? Bayern can say whatever they want. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

Old 08-10-2023, 12:14 PM   #65
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Market price for a non-PL team though.
Granted. But the rough market value has been established.
If Kane doesn't go to Bayern. Levy is left with the option of sell or lose for nothing to the very club that you wouldn't sell to a yeat earlier.

And then again there are reports out there that Levy has been instructed by Joe Lewis to sell Kane.

Old 08-10-2023, 12:18 PM   #66
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

dude, you're making it out as if Levy said to him "you can only go to Bayern". When in reality, it was "we will only sell you abroad". Which, whatever you think about it, is a fair stance to take for a club, and hardly a unique one. In the end, only Bayern were willing to pony up the money (Real has spent money elsewhere, Barca doesn't have any, PSG has its own problems etc), and apparently they had Kane's okay to do so. You can choose not to believe that, but it's obvious that Bayern wouldn't have sent in multiple bids if the player hadn't indicated interest. No club in this world would do this, let alone one of the biggest in the world.

I guess we shall see. I just don't see any 4D chess moves on Kane's part here, I think he'll either go to Bayern or see out his contract at Tottenham. Which is more than fine by me, by the way - I'd gladly take him on a free next summer.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 12:45 PM   #67
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

No. I'm making the point that Levy wants to restrict where Kane will be sold to.

"We will only sell you abroad". How about Kane responding. "FU, I can wait"

I'm making the point that Kane holds all the cards here.

And who cares if he's strung Levy along here, or Bayern? There's zero evidence of that btw.

Yes, he'll go to Bayern, or see out his contract at a loss of 90M.

It's not a fair stance. And it is quite unique. Most PL clubs will have rivals they rarely do business with. But trying to dictate an English player will only be sold abroad when they have been with the club since childhood is unheard of.

If Kane decides to stay United should go in with a deadline day offer of 30M!

Last edited by Bagor; 08-10-2023 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 01:03 PM   #68
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Not a chance.

Throughout the life of a footballer, it is dreams about medals and trophies. Scoring the record breaking goal in a loss that costs your team the title would be an absolutely hollow experience.

Sport is about winning - team sports is about your team winning.

If your dream is individual accolades, you’d be better off taking up tennis or some other individual sport.
It's the Bundesliga

They would win it with or without him

If he thinks getting a medal that a team would very likely win without him is the difference than that's fine

Someone of his level should and would want to be the difference, like he would have to be in a CL

If he doesnt go though, he can go to man United in 12 months, get paid much more, still break the goals record, stay in england which he clearly wants or he would gave said yes 8 hours ago when this leaked to everyone at noon in england, and have a chance at winning a trophy hed actually be a difference for
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:08 PM   #69
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't clear before, staying now would almost solely result in him leaving for free in 12 months, I wasnt arguing to stay at spurs over leaving, just the delay

if he goes to bayern and wins some trophies in germany only events, he has regrets, especially if he doesnt get the goal record

Not of sticking at spurs for another 6-8 years, but of who he could have signed with next summer, and what could have come of that
Old 08-10-2023, 01:12 PM   #70
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
the only madness here is that Kane allowed the clubs to negotiate for weeks despite apparently being unsure about the move. Bayern officials haven't exactly been coy about the fact that Kane clearly indicated to them that he wants the move. And of course he has, otherwise the two clubs wouldn't have tried to come to an agreement for weeks and weeks. So it doesn't really matter what the "smart" move is here, he's wasted everybody's time. This is just piss poor form from Kane and his camp.
What based on Levys history has indicated that kane had any idea he would even accept?

There has also been reports for a few weeks now he had somewhat cooled on the idea and didnt know if he wanted to move at this point, those clearly came from his camp
Old 08-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #71
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you asked kane right now if he could guarantee the goals record or 1 carabao cup trophy?

You guys really think he or anyone is going carabao cup?
Old 08-10-2023, 01:29 PM   #72
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Ballad of 'Arry Kane!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:42 PM   #73
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
If you asked kane right now if he could guarantee the goals record or 1 carabao cup trophy?

You guys really think he or anyone is going carabao cup?
Nobody has mentioned the Carabao Cup.

For a reason.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:52 PM   #74
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

The Bayern chairman said he told them he was willing to come. If tgat was CD a lie why wouldn’t Kane come out and say so?

If he never wanted to go very easy to come out and say it like Son did with Saudi links.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:57 PM   #75
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

You believe everything that comes out of Bayern?
Are there any reports of Bayern and Kane's representatives having ever met? Any discussion of personal terms?

Old 08-10-2023, 02:01 PM   #76
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You believe everything that comes out of Bayern?
Are there any reports of Bayern and Kane's representatives having ever met? Any discussion of personal terms?
They have no reason to lie and pretty easy to refute if not true. It also looks pretty bad in them if they are lying about those statements so what is the upside to make it up?
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 02:08 PM   #77
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm....I thought I read it weeks ago that personal terms were met, the only outstanding issue was the transfer fee, which now appears to have been met.

But Kane is a weirdo and I wouldnt trust anything he or his brother say.

This whole thing could fall apart and he winds up playing in Uzbekistan.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 02:27 PM   #78
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Nobody has mentioned the Carabao Cup.

For a reason.
A Bundesliga with bayern is a lot closer to a carabao cup than a league title with united or Madrid would be
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2023, 04:18 PM   #79
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know what to say to anyone thinking individual records mean more than your team winning major trophies in a team sport.

You can be a top scorer - but also a liability to your team - not saying Kane is - he is clearly not, but it is a team sport - individual accolades should be the cherry on top of the cake - not the cake.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 08-10-2023 at 04:21 PM.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 04:24 PM   #80
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

People are going on about the goals record like it means something. Football wasn't played before 1992? Jimmy Greaves scored 357 goals in the English First Division. Kane is at 213. Give me a break, he's never beating that record.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegaErtz For This Useful Post: