Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #761
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
This is the third time Evra has accused others of racism. The previous two times, his claims were unfounded (Steve Finnan and Chelsea ground staff).
I thoguht both those times other people claimd they saw that Evra was abused, but never by Evra himself.

Last edited by united; 12-20-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #762
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
FYI, Canadian international Simeon Jackson scored his first ever goal in the Premier League today for Norwich City. Congrats!
As much as I was hoping for Norwich to take all three points, it was an excellent match and, of course, Simeon's goal. Too bad it didn't stand as the winner!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #763
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
I thoguht both those times other people claimd they saw that Evra was abused, but never by Evra himself.
the one I know specifically was the one with a chelsea employee

he accused them of something and it turned out to be false
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #764
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well at least Suarez doesn't have to worry about criminal charges unlike a certain individual.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...e-racism-claim

What a joke. Pathetic excuse of a human being. Think Capello will finally strip him of his band permanently?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #765
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Well at least Suarez doesn't have to worry about criminal charges unlike a certain individual.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...e-racism-claim

What a joke. Pathetic excuse of a human being. Think Capello will finally strip him of his band permanently?
Wow, thats the way to go. Criminal charge, sure, but the maximum penalty is only $4,000, and he wont miss any games.

Suarez got 8 games and a fine of $62,000.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #766
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wow, thats the way to go. Criminal charge, sure, but the maximum penalty is only $4,000, and he wont miss any games.

Suarez got 8 games and a fine of $62,000.
Yeah, but I think this is in addition to the FA discipline he's still going to receive. If Suarez gets 8, then I think Terry should get more because of his history.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #767
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, but I think this is in addition to the FA discipline he's still going to receive. If Suarez gets 8, then I think Terry should get more because of his history.
But Chelsea 'aint got no history'.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #768
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

umm

this liverpool warmup may be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen
Old 12-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #769
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got a deal for Sky Movies and Sports for half price for six months. Phoned up a few minutes ago to add the channels.

Naturally I figured on watching a game tonight.

I figured wrong.

It's on Disney Cinemagic and I'm not allowed to change the channel.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #770
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

20,000th goal of the premier league scored by Marc Albrighton

because football was invented in 1992
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #771
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Unsurprisingly Liverpool/Suarez plan to appeal the decision. Guess we have to wait another month for the verdict.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #772
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Another huge offensive output for Liverpool today. Downing has been pretty much useless since joining, and I really can't understand why Carroll doesn't get any time at all. There is no point in giving him 3 minutes a game. Kenny needs to either give him a run of games or cut his losses and just sell him on.

Another missed penalty didn't exactly help our cause today either.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #773
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Another huge offensive output for Liverpool today. Downing has been pretty much useless since joining, and I really can't understand why Carroll doesn't get any time at all. There is no point in giving him 3 minutes a game. Kenny needs to either give him a run of games or cut his losses and just sell him on.

Another missed penalty didn't exactly help our cause today either.
We've hit the most woodwork and missed 4 out of 5 penalties this season. Weird stats. Time to sign a German. Schweinsteiger or Gomez would be nice. Why not try for Messi while we're at it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #774
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure where else to post this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle

Summary is a fan ran onto the field, kicked the keeper, keeper laid the boots to him, keeper is shown a red so his team says f it and goes home.

To make it even better, the fan that ran on the field was already banned from Ajax matches but managed to sneak in, and he was only one of 25 people arrested at the match. Of course hooligans are an English problem though
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #775
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ I was just about to come here to post that. Here's another link to some video via the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16308483

I can't blame the keeper one bit. I actually wish that he connected his boot to his face. He was clearly being threatened and had every right to defend himself. And I fully agree with walking off of the pitch to protest the red card.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #776
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

We talked about this at work today. All of us agreed that the keeper was in the right. How could he act rationally when he is being attacked and still at risk from attack.

The Manager was right to take his team off the pitch and cause the abandonment of the game, if only because the safety of his players could not be assured and the ref demonstrated he was incapable of taking the necessary action he needed to take to contribute to the well being and safety of the players on the pitch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #777
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, total no brainer to take the players off the pitch. Expose the ref for the buffoon that he is and hopefully piss off the Ajax fans enough at an abandoned game that they kick the tripe out of the idiot that ran on the pitch every chance they get. Liked the way the manager kept the conversation to a minimum when he was doing it. Why explain anything to an idiot?

I'd be curious to hear his rationale for the red. Bringing the game into disrepute?

In case you missed it there is an update in the link.

Quote:
UPDATE: The Dutch Football Association has decided to rescind Esteban's red card, stating ""The keeper was attacked unexpectedly and therefore the prosecutor judged that his mood caused his response against his attacker."

Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #778
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

5 minutes with Motty ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16303867

Old 12-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #779
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Man, these punishments for racists slurs just seem horribly disporportionate to me. You put someone's health in danger through reckless conduct on the field, and you get a red card, and miss one game. To me that seems more like the appropriate response level to cases like Suarez's. Obviously a fine is a slap on the wrist so it has to be a suspension, but I don't think it should be any more than one match.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #780
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

More dropped points for Liverpool. Our CMs have been atrocious lately, so it was a huge boost to see Stevie back in there. We looked better once he was on the pitch. Still an ugly game though. I hope Gerrard is fit enough to keep one of Adam or Henderson off the pitch for a while.
Closed Thread