Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 PM   #721
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was a bit disappointed by how quickly Osha got killed. I thought she could be the one with whom Ramsay finally met his match.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #722
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Ok so we have Jon and the Wildlings most likely heading to Winterfell to fight but we know they are outnumbered by Ramsay's men by about 3000. So how many men are heading up there with Littlefinger and company? Also is there a chance the Ironborn will show up there if Theon's sister becomes King? Could help even or overpower Ramsay and Co.
The North Remembers.
Spoiler!

Many different houses we haven't heard about in a while or at all I'd imagine. King Rob had endless banners at his disposal.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #723
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
The North Remembers.
Spoiler!

Many different houses we haven't heard about in a while or at all I'd imagine. King Rob had endless banners at his disposal.
Yeah, gotta think House Mormont would have his back for sure. Same with the Reeds.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #724
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Great episode!

Glad to see the entire Dothraki tribe indulging in 1 of the 5 best things in a Dothraki life
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:19 PM   #725
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Good episode all together, but a couple of things really irked me...

2. The Incredible, Combustible Dothraki Roundhouse - so this stone and dirt floored structure bursts into uncontrollable flames by a few coals being spilled on the ground? Did they spray the ground with oil to keep down the dust?
I would assume those flames weren't being fueled by coal, but rather an oil that burns slowly
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #726
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Good episode all together, but a couple of things really irked me...

1. How easily Cersei and Jamie turned Kevan Lannister and Olenna Tyrell - there was zero trust before, and open hostility, and yet they completely buy this story and turn over the Tyrell army without even hearing from Tommen himself, or verifying in some other way?

2. The Incredible, Combustible Dothraki Roundhouse - so this stone and dirt floored structure bursts into uncontrollable flames by a few coals being spilled on the ground? Did they spray the ground with oil to keep down the dust?

I am glad, though, that there's a chance that the Daenerys storyline might actually progress, that we finally had a Stark scene that brought mist to my eyes from something other that tragedy, and that we might be moving toward a confrontation that will bring an end to Ramsay. I've had enough of the token "Did you know Ramsay is a psychopath?" scene jammed into ever other episode.
The Tyrells are probably pretty desperate, with both children being tortured and potentially facing execution.

Tommen is a child figure head. The Tyrells wouldn't need to consult with him.

I was also under the impression that Jorah had put a combustible of some kind around the building. The fire seemed to spread faster as it touched the walls.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #727
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode.

Once the North sees Jon Snow and Sansa gearing up to take back Winterfell, they'll fall in line fast. Only thing I wish to see is Ramsay getting fed to his dogs. Things should progress fast in the North. Snow knows all too well what is behind them as they march towards Winterfell.

Khalessi Bewbs. Seriously, shes going to destroy those cities. And in the end I think she'll be fine with what Tyrion did, it bought some space and some time for her to get it together. The ex slaves may not like it but the end result will make them very happy.

I'm not keen on the Kings landing story line, it's so far out of touch with the rest of the world it's just feuding while the real danger closes in. Kings Landing is the Titanic of Westeros. It bores me. They add nothing to the eventual fight against the whitewalkers.

Meanwhile the Dragons are gearing up for a return to Westeros, the North knows full well whats coming but have to get some crazy kid out of the way first.

Can Sansa as the last known living Stark turn Jon Snow into Jon Stark? Because I feel that is something that needs to be done too.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:41 AM   #728
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Great episode.

Once the North sees Jon Snow and Sansa gearing up to take back Winterfell, they'll fall in line fast. Only thing I wish to see is Ramsay getting fed to his dogs. Things should progress fast in the North. Snow knows all too well what is behind them as they march towards Winterfell.

Khalessi Bewbs. Seriously, shes going to destroy those cities. And in the end I think she'll be fine with what Tyrion did, it bought some space and some time for her to get it together. The ex slaves may not like it but the end result will make them very happy.

I'm not keen on the Kings landing story line, it's so far out of touch with the rest of the world it's just feuding while the real danger closes in. Kings Landing is the Titanic of Westeros. It bores me. They add nothing to the eventual fight against the whitewalkers.

Meanwhile the Dragons are gearing up for a return to Westeros, the North knows full well whats coming but have to get some crazy kid out of the way first.

Can Sansa as the last known living Stark turn Jon Snow into Jon Stark? Because I feel that is something that needs to be done too.
The way I see it, King's Landing needs to have their usable power crippled and their attention distracted by local events in order for all these other story lines to progress. Having a fully functioning capital in control of the kingdoms would necessitate their involvement in any conflict in the North (presumably backing the Boltons). It would likely have meant a war with Dorne at this point for the murder the King's sister. It would have also meant that there would have been more involvement with activities at the wall, especially with the revolt and assassination of their Lord Commander.

The purpose of the story line with the Sparrow is to keep the capital uninvolved in outside events so that those other story lines can progress without influence from the King.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #729
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
The North Remembers.
Spoiler!

I was going to say, how many people in the North view the Boltons as traitors for siding with the Lannisters?

I haven't read the books but reading some of the wiki entries from the Game of Thrones show, the North really view themselves as distinct from the South and, by all accounts the North was left alone without the petty meddling.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:09 AM   #730
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I was going to say, how many people in the North view the Boltons as traitors for siding with the Lannisters?
Probably the same amount that view Jon Snow as a traitor for siding with the Wildlings and letting them past the wall. Mormont will stay loyal to the Starks, of that I have no doubt, but I don't know about the other houses. Really, it's just the Umbers and Karstarks - who have already sworn loyalty to the Boltons because of Robb Stark's execution of Rickard Karstark - that are prominent bannermen. The rest are smaller and don't have large enough armies to be of any real significance.

Last edited by TheDragon; 05-17-2016 at 09:14 AM.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDragon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #731
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
Probably the same amount that view Jon Snow as a traitor for siding with the Wildlings and letting them past the wall. Mormont will stay loyal to the Starks, of that I have no doubt, but I don't know about the other houses. Really, it's just the Umbers and Karstarks that are prominent bannermen. The rest are smaller and don't have large enough armies to be of any real significance.
How powerful are the iron born?

Boltons & Karstarks v. Snow/Wildlings, Arryn Army, Iron Born and Umbers

Would that be a fair fight?
Old 05-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #732
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

They're definitely more raiders/viking-types than soldiers, but would provide a significant boost to team Jon in an invasion, I'm sure. The Greyjoys don't usually swear allegiance to anyone but themselves, though; something about paying the iron price and all that.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDragon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 AM   #733
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

Thing about the iron born is that they are a seafaring people. Unless they travel up a river they don't like to fight on land. Looking at a map of Westeros there are quite a few places accessible by water but I doubt that they'll be included in the battle in the North.

I'd say the Iron Born stay in their own storyline for the rest of the season with their KingsMoot election thing. Then whoever the new leader is, presumably the sister, the uncle or Theon, makes a decision at season's end of where they go. Maybe they say eff it let's go straight to Kings Landing. Or maybe they go for Lannisport or Casterly Rock or something crazy.

I anticipate the rest of your predicted armies are correct.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #734
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

It sounded like Umber Junior wasn't a big fan of his Dad, so I would say that his loyalties lie with himself and his house, not the Starks, and he thinks siding with the Boltons is the best option right now.

Otherwise it just makes zero sense to bring Rickon to Ramsay. He could have just as easily kept him hidden. And he has no way of controlling what Ramsay does with Rickon, so handing him over immediately puts him in danger.

I feel like there are some holes that have formed in the story line this season.. but I think that is the price they have to pay to advance the story the way they want to. It was pretty cool to see Sansa and Jon reunited, I was shocked when the doors opened and there she was.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #735
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

What I like is that the only story I feel I can predict is the North.

Across the Narrow Sea, I presume Dany will use her hoard to threaten destruction of Slaver's Bay cities and that'll bring her into conflict with Tyrion, but other than that I'm not sure. Arya is going to be some sort of bad ass faceless person but I'm not sure what she's doing.

Sam is going to learn to be a Maester and like someone mentioned earlier it probably means he finds some important Whitewalker trivia in some old volume of book at Oldtown.

No idea how King's Landing will play out. No idea where Bran will fit in. I'm not really sure who Littlefinger will back next if they win the north. More accurate maybe to say, who will he screw over next?

Not really sure what is going to happen in Dorne, although I guess I'm the only one who cares.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that the difference between GoT being a reallyl good show and being in the discussion for GOAT will depend on how well the storylines converge. This needs to be like a good Guy Ritchie or Quentin Tarantino movie where in the final season a bunch of seemingly superficially related stories become intertwined and hugely influential on each other. I eagerly anticipate what the show writers and creators have planned in the next 20 or so hours of show to see everything come together.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 05-17-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #736
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see how Dany destroying the Masters brings her in conflict with Tyrion. She may be annoyed at Tyrion because of his deal, but it's not like Tyrion is going to keep pressing the arrangement if they can legitimately destroy the other two slave cities.

Right now they can't, they don't have the power to and this is why Tyrion made the deal. The Dothraki change that. That ends any potential conflict.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #737
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I don't see how Dany destroying the Masters brings her in conflict with Tyrion. She may be annoyed at Tyrion because of his deal, but it's not like Tyrion is going to keep pressing the arrangement if they can legitimately destroy the other two slave cities.

Right now they can't, they don't have the power to and this is why Tyrion made the deal. The Dothraki change that. That ends any potential conflict.
Except dont the Dothraki like slaves? Arent slaves a big part of their culture?

She changed that before, but theres a lot more of them this time and she isnt married to the Khal and I think the Dothraki are pretty much huge misogynists and not really all that well organized as an army.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #738
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the Dothraki might like slaves, but if they follow Dany, they're not going to not fight the Masters because they also like slaves.

Killing a Khal gives you power over their Khalasaar. She just killed all the Khals at once, they'll follow her.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #739
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post

Dany has made stubborn choice after stubborn choice. She's just not a great leader. Not yet at least. She continually pisses people off and makes dumb decisions. I have no doubt she's gonna be pissed that Tyrion even bothered to meet with the slavers, even though it was the best option he had without Dany and her dragons.

What Dany has never understood is that her equality revolution was doomed to fail from the start. You can't just make everyone equal overnight without tons of bloodshed. And even if you kill all the masters, then a new breed of people will just take over for them. Tyrion really has it right, a slow steady evolution that abolishes slaves over time. He even said it last episode, he knows that there'll always be rich and poor, just not with slaves.

However I won't be surprised if Dany ends up saving Tyrion's ass because Grey Worm is correct about the slavers trying to screw him over. They'll try and renege on their deal and invade Meereen and Dany will save the day with her hoard.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #740
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Not really sure what is going to happen in Dorne, although I guess I'm the only one who cares.
Dany rolls through the slavers bay cities again and gets ships. Hooks up with her crew in Mereen and sets sail with the Dothraki and Unsullied for Westeros. They land in Dorne and because of the family connection there perhaps they march north with the Dornish army to kick ass?
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: