Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2024, 08:51 AM   #6721
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I’ll be honest, that was a fun Raw, but was expecting some more surprises and drama, this being the Raw right after Wrestlemania.
The surprise is that they are building meaningful storylines that have consistent builds with very few gimmicks or random interference.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:53 AM   #6722
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I watched raw to see what all the hype was about. Pretty good stuff, I can see why it's popular. that rock and Cody promo went on too long for my liking. I liked the zayn/Imperium match, and I thought the camera angles were neat. Interesting main event, it was botchy, but still fun. Cena needs to cut his hair haha

Pat McAfee is terrible on the announcers booth. Guy talks like he has chewing tobacco in his mouth, and has non-sensical hyper emotions with no cadence. No thanks.
I like Pat, because it's like a fan got media training. It sounds like he is having too much fun.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #6723
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The surprise is that they are building meaningful storylines that have consistent builds with very few gimmicks or random interference.
I meant debuts, returns, etc. Not what you're suggesting, which is obvious.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:30 AM   #6724
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I meant debuts, returns, etc. Not what you're suggesting, which is obvious.
There simply aren't that many free agents out there these days. Who could they have brought in? Debuts often mean NXT callups, just as it was for Owens a few years back. In which case there were two of them last night (Dragunov and Perez).
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:35 AM   #6725
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
There simply aren't that many free agents out there these days. Who could they have brought in? Debuts often mean NXT callups, just as it was for Owens a few years back. In which case there were two of them last night (Dragunov and Perez).
Would have brought in Trick to capitalize on that hot Philly crowd and give him a taste of Raw; could have even brought in Bron and played up the Steiner name (or at least, the connection). Could have done a couple legends appearances or two IMO. Cena and Rock don't count, they've already been involved in Wrestlemania. Gotta make sure the RAW after Wrestlemania is always the Raw to remember, IMO - happens only once a year.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:44 AM   #6726
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Matt Hardy is available, coulda had Broken Matt walking in the background of a backstage shot
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #6727
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Trick over Dragunov probably would have landed better with the crowd yesterday .

I think not having Roman there hurt the overall show.

People wanted to see one last Rock, Roman, Cody, Seth interaction
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 01:53 PM   #6728
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was kind of surprised to hear that Roman was still on oral chemo cycles, I wonder how much of his schedule is effected by that.

While its better then Chemo Chemo, I've heard its not pleasant.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:17 PM   #6729
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anyone received the presale email from the Saddledome for Raw in Calgary Sept 9?

Presale is supposed to be tomorrow at 10:00am but i have not received anything yet? too soon still?
HitterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:10 PM   #6730
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitterD View Post
Has anyone received the presale email from the Saddledome for Raw in Calgary Sept 9?

Presale is supposed to be tomorrow at 10:00am but i have not received anything yet? too soon still?
Was just about to ask the same thing. Kinda worried since it might get busy for that.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 06:34 PM   #6731
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess this has been planned for a long time but I'm still surprised that Cody Rhodes is the champion. He's one guy I just don't care about. I don't hate him I'm just very blase about him. I don't feel like he's got an interesting character and he's an apple that fell far from the tree when it comes to charisma. He's decent in the ring but I wouldn't hang a belt on him.

I hope he does well but in his current position but he doesn't draw me in to watch and I have doubts as to how well he'll do. I've felt the same way about others and have been wrong and later came to appreciate what they did for the industry so I guess time will tell.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2024, 06:46 PM   #6732
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Per Variety,

WrestleMania 40 is the most-streamed entertainment event ever on Peacock, Variety has learned exclusively.

Per the NBCUniversal streamer, the two night event at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia was viewed for 1.3 billion minutes over the weekend of April 6 & 7. Based on the average minute audience, night one of this year’s show was up 26% over night one from last year, while night two was up 30% over last year.
Those kind of numbers almost seem impossible? Heel Rock=Ratings. It's that simple. He needs to start playing the bad guy in movies.

Last edited by trackercowe; 04-09-2024 at 06:48 PM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:15 PM   #6733
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I guess this has been planned for a long time but I'm still surprised that Cody Rhodes is the champion. He's one guy I just don't care about. I don't hate him I'm just very blase about him. I don't feel like he's got an interesting character and he's an apple that fell far from the tree when it comes to charisma. He's decent in the ring but I wouldn't hang a belt on him.

I hope he does well but in his current position but he doesn't draw me in to watch and I have doubts as to how well he'll do. I've felt the same way about others and have been wrong and later came to appreciate what they did for the industry so I guess time will tell.
He’s an interesting guy that way. Was well loved in AEW and helped propel them as a familiar name, and for his work in NJPW and ROH. To be fair, he did book himself into a corner in AEW, but there was some stellar storylines I liked with him on there (MJF, Brodie Lee, etc.) and he wasn’t afraid to take a fall to move a story forward. But in the back of my mind I’m expecting the fans to turn on him at some point. Could be a final heel turn he takes, which worked for Roman. But at this point, he’s white hot, well liked in the locker room and company and is great with the media.

In the end, we’re really entering a golden era here with so much strong support for wrestling everywhere. And competition is good for the industry. Let’s listen to Adam Copeland and just enjoy this while it lasts.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LIP MAN For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 12:19 AM   #6734
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitterD View Post

I got tickets yesterday through a Telus club presale my company got for me!

Cjay posted earlier that they are having a presale and the code is CJAY92.
I feel like there will be a few presales with fairly generic codes. Good luck everyone!!
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
king_amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king_amonte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 10:10 AM   #6735
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is wild how expensive tickets are.
What ever happened to cheap seats for $50 bucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 10:11 AM   #6736
GreenHardHat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Thanks King_amonte. CJAY92 worked for me.
GreenHardHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #6737
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Yeah not cheap but oh well... I got 3 row of the first bowl for $120per plus all of the service fee's.

My wife wanted to go so I was taking advantage of it!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:20 AM   #6738
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too rich for my blood! I'm out. Maybe I'll look at it again closer to the date when people are trying to get rid of them for whatever reason haha.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:27 AM   #6739
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Too rich for my blood! I'm out. Maybe I'll look at it again closer to the date when people are trying to get rid of them for whatever reason haha.
Yeah, Im going to wait for them to open up nose bleeds on the hard camera side.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:40 AM   #6740
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

They might lower prices too days before the show. I bailed out on going to Royal Rumble in January because it would have been almost $1300 CDN to sit on the field near the ring. About a week before they dropped them to around $800-$900 which is what I would have settled for.

Still expensive but if I was willing to pay $850 to see UFC 129 in Toronto I was willing to pay that to go see a Royal Rumble. It's not like I plan on going to more than one unless it happened to be in a city I was living in where I didn't have to worry about flight and hotel.

Last edited by Inferno; 04-10-2024 at 10:44 AM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote