Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #641
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I noticed a few British comedies are now gone (season 1 of "That Mitchell & Webb Look" and "Fry and Laurie").

I suppose that the licensing agreements lapse at some point in time, and as long as they keep adding a few times more things that are being removed, the net gain should make up for it.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #642
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

can you find everything you watched even after you cancel there was a movie i watched six months ago before i cancelled for the first time and now i cant seem to find it even in the search.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #643
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Netflix canada has started offering old UFC events. So far today they've added:

UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Kosheck 2
UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields
UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Hardy
UFC 83: Serra vs. St-Pierre

Posted this in the MMA thread as well but thought it fit here...
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #644
Devils'Advocate
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Heh.... they just added 60 Indian movies. And a Russel Peters special.

I still haven't signed up and won't until selection improves. If I look at my zip.ca request list, there is still only 2 TV series out of 30 on my request list that they have on Netflix. There was 3, but with Deadliest Catch gone, they are down to 2. I'll wait until when (if) they have a better selection than zip.

Last edited by Devils'Advocate; 01-05-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Devils'Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #645
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I just signed up this afternoon, I got pretty sick last night and am feeling it today, so thought what the hell, a free month and I'll see how it goes. The selection surprised me, seems fairly robust at this point.

How often do they add and remove content?

Netflix really caught my attention with by adding new content like the revived Arrested Development and the highly anticipated House of Cards series.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #646
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
I just signed up this afternoon, I got pretty sick last night and am feeling it today, so thought what the hell, a free month and I'll see how it goes. The selection surprised me, seems fairly robust at this point.

Netflix really caught my attention with by adding new content like the revived Arrested Development and the highly anticipated House of Cards series.
They seem to go through updates at least twice a month, I think this past Sunday was when they added season 1-3 of Dexter.

edit: updates worth mentioning that is

Last edited by Lithium; 01-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lithium For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #647
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Removals are fairly rare. Usually if something is going to be removed you'll see something along to bottom that will read "This content is only available until [date]".

Personally, I've never run into the problem that something I've wanted to watch got removed, but I do know people that have.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #648
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

They removed Elf just prior to Christmas. I guess that makes sense financially for the distributor since they sold it by the boatload to networks in December.

Portlandia was just removed. The new season is about to start so I'm not sure why they wouldn't want more people to try to get caught up with it before starting the new season.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #649
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

If any airmiles collectors are thinking of joining, they're offering 50 miles with a subscription. Think I might try it out.

https://netflix.airmiles.ca/
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #650
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
If any airmiles collectors are thinking of joining, they're offering 50 miles with a subscription. Think I might try it out.

https://netflix.airmiles.ca/
Fine print - you only get 25 air miles once you pay for one month. You'll get the other 25 after 3 months paid.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #651
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This link was posted in this thread before, but it's a great resource for seeing what gets added.

http://can.whatsnewonnetflix.com/
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #652
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So what am I not dong right on my Xbox to not get the full list of movies and shows?

As I scroll through the list up and down, and then left and right it's obvious I'm not getting all that's available. Under suggestions when I went into Terminator 2 for example...it suggested all 3 Robocops...but under Sci-fi only the first is listed.

On my iPad, a much bigger and more robust selection is available.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #653
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Fine print - you only get 25 air miles once you pay for one month. You'll get the other 25 after 3 months paid.
Ya, I noticed. Just didn't include it in my post. Still a decent deal if someone's going to order anyways.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #654
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
So what am I not dong right on my Xbox to not get the full list of movies and shows?

As I scroll through the list up and down, and then left and right it's obvious I'm not getting all that's available. Under suggestions when I went into Terminator 2 for example...it suggested all 3 Robocops...but under Sci-fi only the first is listed.

On my iPad, a much bigger and more robust selection is available.
That is probably the most frustrating thing about Netflix. The interface and number/type of suggestions seems to differ between devices. I view Netflix on my PS3, iPad, iPhone, SmartTV and computer and it different for each.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #655
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
That is probably the most frustrating thing about Netflix. The interface and number/type of suggestions seems to differ between devices. I view Netflix on my PS3, iPad, iPhone, SmartTV and computer and it different for each.
Agreed, I think the user interface on my Xbox is.. clunky. It looks nice if you're just staring at it, but it isn't very functional. All the content seems to be available on my xbox, but I'm at a loss as how to get it. There is some device code I looked to add to my account on their website, but damned if I can find it anywhere on the 360.

A simple menu of all their content sorted neatly is badly needed. Some sort of integration with a site like Rottontomatoes to give ratings would be fantastic as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #656
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed, I think the user interface on my Xbox is.. clunky. It looks nice if you're just staring at it, but it isn't very functional. All the content seems to be available on my xbox, but I'm at a loss as how to get it. There is some device code I looked to add to my account on their website, but damned if I can find it anywhere on the 360.

A simple menu of all their content sorted neatly is badly needed. Some sort of integration with a site like Rottontomatoes to give ratings would be fantastic as well.
Ya, the xbox and PS3 interface is just stupid. We typically use the computer to find a movie and then look it up in the search bar on PS3.

btw, Netflix US is a thousand times better
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #657
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Moon has been added, great flick.
Quote:
As he nears the end of a lonely three-year stint on the moon base Sarang, astronaut Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) begins to hear and see strange things. It's not long before Sam suspects that his employer -- the conglomerate LUNAR -- has other plans for him. Featuring Kevin Spacey as the voice of a robot, this sci-fi thriller also stars Matt Berry and Kaya Scodelario. The film was an official selection at the Sundance Film Festival
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #658
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cool, they keep adding stuff that I pirated 6 months ago. Kind of makes me think I should try and support the legal means, if they keep giving us good content for a fair price.

Just finished the first season of The Walking Dead, and now I'm hungry for more. The second season isn't on Netflix yet. What is the cheapest, legal way to watch TV episodes online? iTunes at $3.49 an episode in HD...yea right. A bit cheaper for SD at $2.49. Hard to justify when I can access all the Netflix content for $8/month.

I see that Amazon video is no available in Canada. Are there any other options?
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #659
newts
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
Cool, they keep adding stuff that I pirated 6 months ago. Kind of makes me think I should try and support the legal means, if they keep giving us good content for a fair price.

Just finished the first season of The Walking Dead, and now I'm hungry for more. The second season isn't on Netflix yet. What is the cheapest, legal way to watch TV episodes online? iTunes at $3.49 an episode in HD...yea right. A bit cheaper for SD at $2.49. Hard to justify when I can access all the Netflix content for $8/month.

I see that Amazon video is no available in Canada. Are there any other options?
Just as you, I recently watched the walking dead on Netflix. Was right before Xmas, and I noticed that they were doing a marathon of both seasons on AMC. I pvrd all of season 2. Next episode is February 12...I'm sure AMC will do another marathon to lead into that.
newts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #660
justkidding
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Is it possible to get Netflix in HD? I would assume that some of the programs are in HD and the older stuff isn't.

I have an Xbox and a Wii. I would prefer to use the Wii, if possible.
justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote