Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2024, 11:12 PM   #6021
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Funny how no one called out this post.....or the dozens upon dozens of posts that cheered on the terrorist attack in Russia.
Because he's not wrong

And please post links to these dozens upon dozens of posts cheering the terrorist attack in Russia. I'll call out every one of them one by one.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 12:06 AM   #6022
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Because he's not wrong
So mass civilian deaths are ok as long as they're in a country you don't like?
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:41 AM   #6023
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So Iran fired 100+ drones and about 100 ballistic missiles at Israel by all accounts less than 1% hit the ground, seems like a failure but had those missiles been nuclear exploding 3000 feet above the ground we'd be talking about a nightmare.

I fully expect Israel to launch a large attack on Iran's nuclear sites in the coming days.
Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, despite 40 years of war mongers saying they are going to have and use them. Don't play their game.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:44 AM   #6024
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is what the only democracy in the middle east does and not a peep from anyone. If they can do this to one of their own people for simply being a journalist, imagine what they do to the palestinians.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/settle...d-others-hurt/

Quote:
Golan said he hid under a table in one of the burned homes as the assailants approach. “One of the children spotted me and called over the rest of them. They beat me mercilessly, breaking my finger and taking my bag to burn all of the photography equipment inside.”

“Then they searched my pockets for a memory card to make sure I didn’t have any recording of what they were doing,” he said. “I started telling them, ‘I’m not an Arab, I’m a Jew.’ They ran toward me, screaming in terror and grabbed me, shouting, ‘You’re a Jew, how are you not ashamed of yourself?'”

“Some were in IDF uniforms and holding guns. There were 20 or 30 of them who beat me as I shouted for help, hoping that soldiers would hear me. But they were the soldiers… I lay on the floor as every one of them kicked me in the head and stomach,” Golan said.

“They left me stripped and threw my motorcycle keys into the fire, so I’d have no way to get home. They had hate in their eyes,” he said.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 08:55 AM   #6025
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They had hate in their eyes
And that is why this will not end.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:49 AM   #6026
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do you not see the irony......I literally posted what the poster I replied to said...
I see you calling out posters repeatedly for their support of Israel attacks on Palestinian civilians. You need to hold yourself to a higher standard than cheering on the attacks.

It doesn’t matter if another poster is ignoring or justifying the killing of civilians. That doesn’t make your post any less gross.

So again Be better.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 10:18 AM   #6027
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I see you calling out posters repeatedly for their support of Israel attacks on Palestinian civilians. You need to hold yourself to a higher standard than cheering on the attacks.

It doesn’t matter if another poster is ignoring or justifying the killing of civilians. That doesn’t make your post any less gross.

So again Be better.
It does matter that you didn’t take issue with the other poster doing it and instead took Zary’s bait (especially when it was pretty clear he was mocking the language people used to justify Palestinian deaths).

Maybe hold off on declaring yourself the judge of who does/doesn’t need to be better.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 10:27 AM   #6028
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
So Iran fired 100+ drones and about 100 ballistic missiles at Israel by all accounts less than 1% hit the ground, seems like a failure but had those missiles been nuclear exploding 3000 feet above the ground we'd be talking about a nightmare.

I fully expect Israel to launch a large attack on Iran's nuclear sites in the coming days.
The only way Iran can be toppled is from within. It’s extremely unlikely any type of ground assault would work; the country is too fortified. Ariel campaigns to bomb Iranian drone sites and/or other military assets would be the best bet if Israel desires a direct counteroffensive (which currently I see as highly unlikely given the current circumstances). How does Israel attack their nuclear facilities if they’re built within the mountains? Only a ground assault would work, and that’s a mission that could very well fail.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 11:12 AM   #6029
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It does matter that you didn’t take issue with the other poster doing it and instead took Zary’s bait (especially when it was pretty clear he was mocking the language people used to justify Palestinian deaths).

Maybe hold off on declaring yourself the judge of who does/doesn’t need to be better.
Nah Language has made it clear he is okay with civilians being killed. You and Zary and others do a good job pointing out the awfulness of his posts. When someone who has generally appeared to condemn civilian deaths chooses to play team sports they should be called out and encouraged to be better.

There is no place for sarcasm in a thread like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 12:17 PM   #6030
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Nah Language has made it clear he is okay with civilians being killed. You and Zary and others do a good job pointing out the awfulness of his posts. When someone who has generally appeared to condemn civilian deaths chooses to play team sports they should be called out and encouraged to be better.

Know the worst part of the this thread is? The sarcasm.

Anyway, let's get back to cheering on the IDF as they kill 30,000 plus and destroy the infrastructure of an entire region.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 01:09 PM   #6031
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Sarcasm: bad

Being ok with civilian deaths so long as it’s a consistent position: No big deal.

Big brain stuff, as per.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 03:57 PM   #6032
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Sarcasm: bad

Being ok with civilian deaths so long as it’s a consistent position: No big deal.

Big brain stuff, as per.
Be better
Old 04-14-2024, 05:36 PM   #6033
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not adding anything to this debate, though I have to say, "be better" is such a condescending tone, and I'm not sure why it's taken off as the catch all phrase for any type of slacktivism going on at the time, but it has. It's got to the most annoying phrase out there nowadays.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 05:43 PM   #6034
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by iggy_oi; 04-14-2024 at 06:43 PM.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:20 PM   #6035
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

To think posters here continue to lie to defend this deliberate starvation.

Sickos. Beyond being better.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1779150476212101538

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:49 PM   #6036
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Be better
Be worthwhile in the first place.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:26 PM   #6037
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
To think posters here continue to lie to defend this deliberate starvation.

Sickos. Beyond being better.
It is incredibly sad and both Hamas and Israel need to doing their part. The IDF could have a ceasefire, hopefully in exchange for hostages and allow medical supplies and doctors to come in. You just can't let Hamas get their grubby little hands on it.

If anything for me, this highlights more Hamas's lack of concern or compassion for their own people that chose them to lead. They could end this tomorrow by laying down their arms and releasing any surviving hostages. Food and medicine would immediately come flooding in. But they would rather stay in power than help their own people.

One senior Hamas official (Ismail Haniyeh) just said he lost 3 sons and didn't seem bothered by it. He still has like 30 other children and he believes that children make the best martyrs because it draws in more attention. Pictures like the ones you posted are what he wants to happen
Old 04-14-2024, 09:09 PM   #6038
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Israel declares war on Hamas

Quote:

Excuse me - please stop putting words in my mouth. Show me exactly where I’ve said I’m “okay” with civilians being killed.

Amongst my posts, I have only made two general assertions that I stand by (and I’m not interested in re-debating them again, just stating my position):

1) I do not believe a genocide is taking place
2) Civilian casualties are always a bi-product of war (look at any major war or conflict in history).

That does not mean I’m “ok” with civilian casualties, want civilian casualties, take pleasure in civilian casualties, think an Israeli life is worth more than a Palestinian life, etc. I am simply stating what is a commonly known fact in war, especially urban combat.

Quote:
Funny how no one called out this post.....or the dozens upon dozens of posts that cheered on the terrorist attack in Russia.
What was there to call out? Me saying that the Iranian regime has what’s coming for them? I did not mean the people of Iran.

In fact, the majority of Persian people or Iranian diaspora despise the Iranian regime, and there’s been tons of Iranians at pro Israel rallies showing their support for Israel.

I actually think the Iranian people who are standing up to the regime to be some of the bravest people in the world, especially after those mass protests started when the Iranian girl was killed for not wearing a hijab.

I find it absolutely insane how there are “progressives” somehow defending what is one of the most despicable regimes in the entire world, in terms of not only how they treat their own people, but as a de-stabilizing force in the region via the Houthi rebels, Hezbollah, Hamas, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Language; 04-14-2024 at 09:42 PM.
Language is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Language For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 09:49 PM   #6039
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
It is incredibly sad and both Hamas and Israel need to doing their part. The IDF could have a ceasefire, hopefully in exchange for hostages and allow medical supplies and doctors to come in. You just can't let Hamas get their grubby little hands on it.

If anything for me, this highlights more Hamas's lack of concern or compassion for their own people that chose them to lead. They could end this tomorrow by laying down their arms and releasing any surviving hostages. Food and medicine would immediately come flooding in. But they would rather stay in power than help their own people.

One senior Hamas official (Ismail Haniyeh) just said he lost 3 sons and didn't seem bothered by it. He still has like 30 other children and he believes that children make the best martyrs because it draws in more attention. Pictures like the ones you posted are what he wants to happen
Unfortunately, no matter what type of sick twisted spin you may try and put on it the world doesn't look at this depraved deliberate starvation and think it's Hamas fault.

They look at the emaciated faces and equate it with the cruelty of a country that is deliberately withholding food and other vital resources and starving a population to death.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 10:04 PM   #6040
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Language View Post
Excuse me - please stop putting words in my mouth. Show me exactly where I’ve said I’m “okay” with civilians being killed.

Amongst my posts, I have only made two general assertions that I stand by (and I’m not interested in re-debating them again, just stating my position):

1) I do not believe a genocide is taking place
2) Civilian casualties are always a bi-product of war (look at any major war or conflict in history).
So regarding 2)

Does this mean you think this is a war? If this is a war then you accept that Oct 7th was a bi product of war?

Is this your stance? That civilian casualties are part of "war" right? Or do you only agree when it's your favorite country doing the killing of innocent civilians and not the ones being slaughtered?

If people actually looked at the facts without bias there is no chance they'd say something so nonchalantly like "bi product of war" when 13000 children were slaughtered.

Even Putin hasn't stooped that low.