Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #41
Super Nintendo Chalmers
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Hell, even your thread title shows a real ignorance about any device outside an Apple product, Chill Crosby.
And he seems annoyed that his thread is fulfilling its stated purposed.
Super Nintendo Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Super Nintendo Chalmers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #42
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Hell, even your thread title shows a real ignorance about any device outside an Apple product, Chill Crosby.

How so?

Are the Galaxy, Nexus, and iPhone not three of the most sought after devices?

Does "etc." not accurately reflect the existence of HTC, Sony, OnePlus, or LG? Do you know what "etc." means?

Quote:
et cetera
[et set-er-uh, se-truh]
adverb
1. and others; and so forth; and so on (used to indicate that more of the same sort or class might have been mentioned, but for brevity have been omitted):
He had dogs, cats, guinea pigs, frogs, et cetera, as pets.
Abbreviation: etc.
Maybe you need a Snickers, the butthurt is too strong when you're hungry MrMasterdamFram.
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chill Cosby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #43
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
And he seems annoyed that his thread is fulfilling its stated purposed.

Opposite, it's EXACTLY what I wanted! Hence the "let the hate flow through you" image. It's PERFECT.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #44
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Biggest reason I dislike apple is because you need other apple products for them to work well with each other. ITunes is slow and I don't want it on my computer. My galaxy phone communicates great with all my other products, all of which are different brands. My old iPhone refused to do anything unless it was with another apple product.

Apple as a company just always seemed so sleazy and arrogant in their marketing and that's what turned me off them originally. Generic USB? No, you need to spend money to buy our charger. Want to stream from your tablet to your TV? Well you need to buy our tablet and our tv. I like being able to stream from my Samsung tablet, to my Sony TV, and transfer files to my phone using any file transfer program on any computer I want.

I don't have brand loyalty, I want to be able to use whatever product I like he most at the time and sill have them work with my other things. Apple almost requires brand loyalty to get the full experience and that annoys me

Last edited by btimbit; 09-21-2014 at 12:22 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #45
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Cosby View Post
Opposite, it's EXACTLY what I wanted! Hence the "let the hate flow through you" image. It's PERFECT.
Are you reading what you want to read and ignoring actual posts?

I haven't seen any anger here, especially from myself. I guess tone is difficult to read through text but no one is coming off as angry.

Last edited by MrMastodonFarm; 09-21-2014 at 12:21 PM.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #46
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

I'd be interested in taking a look at a 6+ at some point; love my Nexus 5 and what it does, but I'm already in a situation where we have a MacBook at home, iPads and an Apple TV. I'm open to new things, but the issue for me is the significant leap in cost. Is the experience I would get with a 6+ worth ~$600 more? I kind of doubt it, but am open to the idea.
Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #47
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Smartphone Thunderdome (Samsung vs. Apple vs. Google etc.)

Quote:
Are you reading what you want to read and ignoring actual posts?

I haven't seen any anger here, especially from myself. I guess tone is difficult to read through text but no one is coming off as angry.

Not at all. You seem to be able to offer completely irrelevant criticism on me personally in a thread about Smartphones though.

You're taking this a lot more seriously than it needs to be. FlameOn's post wasn't hate-filled, but it did line-up with the exact sorts of posts this thread is for (criticising other phones/companies/fanboys) so I thought I'd throw in the "encouragement" post. It's a Thunderdome!

I assumed you were just being personal and whiney over the existence of this thread because you were drunk (your words), but I see it's just you being you. Either enjoy the thread and participate, or don't. The criticism over me and the thread itself is stupid and obviously not what the thread is meant for.

Just enjoy the thread and slag Apple fanboys in general if that's your thing! Relax!

Last edited by Chill Cosby; 09-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #48
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Question for iphone loyalists:

At what cost difference would you consider buying a android over an iphone? If a similar android was $300 dollars less? $500 less? Or are you that loyal to apple that you'd buy an iphone over a similar android no matter the cost?

One thing apple continues to do well is loyalty. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just a disloyal guy.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #49
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Back on topic:

Does anybody have some direct comparisons between the iPad and the Tab S? Including any personal anecdotes of those who have used both?

Or is there some other tablet that is worth looking at?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #50
Handsome B. Wonderful
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Once Apple adds true home integration with HomeKit we are going to see a true revolution on how these devices can truly impact our lives. To me the idea of shutting down all the lights in my house, turning on the dishwasher, A/C unit, and sprinkler system from half way around the globe is what I am eagerly waiting for.
Why would you need to turn on the dishwasher from halfway around the globe? How exactly would you get the detergent in to it? This is not a revolution, this is inanity.
Handsome B. Wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Handsome B. Wonderful For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #51
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think you're taking my posts towards you way too personally. The post you quoted was wondering who you thought was anger, and you counter back by saying I'm the one being personal and whiney? Pot meet kettle?

Oh how I miss the sock puppet thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #52
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Not at all. You seem to be able to offer completely irrelevant criticism on me personally in a thread about Smartphones though.

You're taking this a lot more seriously than it needs to be. FlameOn's post wasn't hate-filled, but it did line-up with the exact sorts of posts this thread is for (criticising other phones/companies/fanboys) so I thought I'd throw in the "encouragement" post. It's a Thunderdome!

I assumed you were just being personal and whiney over the existence of this thread because you were drunk, but I see it's just you being you. Either enjoy the thread and participate, or don't. The criticism over me and the thread itself is stupid and obviously not what the thread is meant for.

Just enjoy the thread and slag Apple fanboys in general if that's your thing! Relax!
Lol wut. Time to take your own advice and just chill Chilly. Don't be such a drama queen. The only whining I've seen in this thread is in your posts.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExiledFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #53
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How so?

Are the Galaxy, Nexus, and iPhone not three of the most sought after devices?

Does "etc." not accurately reflect the existence of HTC, Sony, OnePlus, or LG? Do you know what "etc." means?

Maybe you need a Snickers, the butthurt is too strong when you're hungry MrMasterdamFram.
Quote:

I assumed you were just being personal and whiney over the existence of this thread because you were drunk, but I see it's just you being you. Either enjoy the thread and participate, or don't. The criticism over me and the thread itself is stupid and obviously not what the thread is meant for.

Now this is exactly the type of sh*t I have problems with. My post wasn't hate filled and was fairly level headed, you respond with something to encourage hate. You say you started a thread about wanting to discuss features, etc. And yet you go off and start spewing names, calling people butthurt and accusing him of being a drunkard when his post in no way reflected nor deserved any of that vitriol.

Civil discussion is one thing, promoting ignorance and mud slinging seems more to be your goal here... in which case, stop trolling.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #54
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledFlamesFan View Post
Lol wut. Time to take your own advice and just chill Chilly. Don't be such a drama queen. The only whining I've seen in this thread is in your posts.

To be clear, he himself said he was "too drunk" after he first random criticism of me.

But then he randomly criticised me for being ignorant of products outside of Apple because I didn't list every single product in the thread title.

I'm chilly, I just took issue with Mastodon's random assertions against me that didn't seem to have a lot to do with the thread.

No whining here
Old 09-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #55
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Now this is exactly the type of sh*t I have problems with. My post wasn't hate filled and was fairly level headed, you respond with something to encourage hate. You say you started a thread about wanting to discuss features, etc. And yet you go off and start spewing names, calling people butthurt and accusing him of being a drunkard when his post in no way reflected nor deserved any of that vitriol.

Civil discussion is one thing, promoting ignorance and mud slinging seems more to be your goal here... in which case, stop trolling.

It was a joke.
But on that note, I'm not sure calling Apple fanboys "ignorant" or "arrogant" is really in line with civil discussion is it?

If you'd like everything to be civil, best to be part of the solution too
I on the other hand am just fine with sweeping generalisations of Apple fanboys. Go crazy.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #56
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
To be clear, he himself said he was "too drunk" after he first random criticism of me.
Probably because the initial post in the iPhone 6/6+ thread came out of no where and wasn't needed. The thread was going fine before you made that overly emotional and cliched diatribe about Apple vs Android.

Also, to be fair to me (and pylon) that "too drunk" post I made was actually in that thread before a moderator (ken I'd imagine) moved them here. They made a lot more sense in that thread then here.

Quote:
But then he randomly criticised me for being ignorant of products outside of Apple because I didn't list every single product in the thread title.
Which has to do with the Samsung vs Apple vs Google. Really the debate is always iOS vs Android, the two operating systems. Even pylon was wrong about that in one point, considering most of the slights against Apple are how they get and promote features years after Android has had it. Though obviously some hardware features are listed (phone size for one).

Quote:
I'm chilly, I just took issue with Mastodon's random assertions against me that didn't seem to have a lot to do with the thread.

No whining here
There was nothing random about them at all.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #57
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Smartphone Thunderdome (Samsung vs. Apple vs. Google etc.)

Quote:
Probably because the initial post in the iPhone 6/6+ thread came out of no where and wasn't needed. The thread was going fine before you made that overly emotional and cliched diatribe about Apple vs Android.

Also, to be fair to me (and pylon) that "too drunk" post I made was actually in that thread before a moderator (ken I'd imagine) moved them here. They made a lot more sense in that thread then here.

Which has to do with the Samsung vs Apple vs Google. Really the debate is always iOS vs Android, the two operating systems. Even pylon was wrong about that in one point, considering most of the slights against Apple are how they get and promote features years after Android has had it. Though obviously some hardware features are listed (phone size for one).

There was nothing random about them at all.

You know what, that actually does change everything, so I apologise. It sure seemed like randomly criticising me in a thread I created because you didn't like something that occurred in a different thread, but the moving of the posts makes a lot more sense.

Last edited by Chill Cosby; 09-21-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #58
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ur still a dink tho, bro.
And you're still a previously banned poster that is clearly still holding a grudge, but it's all good, bro.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #59
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was a joke.
But on that note, I'm not sure calling Apple fanboys "ignorant" or "arrogant" is really in line with civil discussion is it?

If you'd like everything to be civil, best to be part of the solution too
I on the other hand am just fine with sweeping generalisations of Apple fanboys. Go crazy.
I never called Apple fanboys ignorant or arrogant nor really called anyone a fanboys at all... If you actually go back and read it, I just said that certain types of behaviour were ignorant and arrogant because of the actions of the marketing dept. I criticized the action of a marketing dept and the goals thereof and not the persons/base itself and you chose to read it a certain way... You also have to admit a lot of that base still buys into that hype without actually looking.

Last edited by FlameOn; 09-21-2014 at 01:20 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #60
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
...still holding a grudge...

Everything is very serious.