Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2024, 11:27 AM   #5901
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should have been Sting vs. Omega vs. Ospreay in a 60-minute steel cage ladder match for the World title, with Sting winning via moonsault from the top of the cage, then retiring immediately after, vacating the belt, and ride off into the sunset (re: backstage) on a miniature horse with a cowboy hat and his baseball bat.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2024, 11:41 AM   #5902
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only thing that is kind of making me shudder to think about is if TK books the Bucks to go over via Flair screwing over Sting, and then we have to deal with Flair managing the Bucks for a time.

That might be enough for me to finally stop watching.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 11:42 AM   #5903
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
What are you talking about? He's taken a couple of pins in tag matches to protect Hobbs, but he literally just beat Darby clean two weeks ago, has won about 68% of his matches since joining AEW, and has pinned Omega.

There's lots to bitch about with AEW's bookings, but you've focused on the some of the only examples that don't fit in with the rest of complaints.
Thing is ... based on how it's been booked Take####a shouldn't be the one eating the pins right now. Hobbs probably should have been taking the pins.

They've done a good job making him seem like a wrestling machine...only to give that back a little bit.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 11:52 AM   #5904
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Thing is ... based on how it's been booked Take####a shouldn't be the one eating the pins right now. Hobbs probably should have been taking the pins.

They've done a good job making him seem like a wrestling machine...only to give that back a little bit.
Yeah, I don't really think it hurts him that much, but that's just my opinion. I'd really like it if he ended up being the one to take the International Title off of OC, but I'd bet money they're going to give it to Roddy to give The Kingdom some legitimacy.

On another note, I loved the show at Daly's Place last night. Made me nostalgic for the earlier days of AEW. It was never perfect, but it was still fresh and exciting at that point, and I think the booking was substantially better at the time with a less bloated roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2024, 11:54 AM   #5905
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

And Hobbs did take the pin last night...so yeah that's fine
Old 01-11-2024, 12:16 PM   #5906
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

And how can you not love the nephew of the Great Gamma. Come on now.
The only thing better than the nephew of the Great Gamma, is the son of the Great Gamma. He's currently in TNA.

He's a good buddy of mine. He runs a fantastic ball hockey league in the spring with a draft, waivers, trade deadline and everything. If anyone wants to join a well run competitive ball hockey league in the spring (games are during the day on weekends, so that may be difficult for people with kids), shoot me a PM.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albertGQ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2024, 12:21 PM   #5907
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And Hobbs did take the pin last night...so yeah that's fine
I'll be honest, I was out walking the dog last night during that match, so I was just taking tracker's word for it.
Old 01-11-2024, 03:52 PM   #5908
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Regarding the Bucks being placed with Sting:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1745539292447797462

We can pretend to be experts on what Sting wants, but the nuance of the industry workings and the relationships these people have with each other is all them.

If Sting wants to work with the bucks, as Bret Hart would say, who are you to doubt the Bucks?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2024, 01:02 AM   #5909
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, Sting has the right to call his shot in his final match. Its hard to believe he's 60 years old. I still remember him teaming up with the Ultimate Warrior in the old UWF as the Blade Runners.

He's still had some of the most memorable feuds in history, his work with Flair though badly booked was exceptional. The Sting Crow gimmick had the chance to be one of the greatest gimmicks of all time until Hogan ruined the whole damn thing.

I don't really care who he works with and against in his final shot, that's up to him. I'm not a fan of the Bucks, I think they're frankly pretty awful, but its not about them its about Sting.

As long as they don't do anything stupid that puts him at risk. Let him do a couple of Stinger Splashes and a Scorpion drop and finish it with a Death lock and call it a day.

I don't want to see a debacle like the stupid Sting versus HHH match. Or Rick Flair's final match where I was sure we were going to watch him die in the ring.

Give him something that lets him go away with his head held high and his legacy in place and a standing ovation and thank you sting chant to end it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:05 AM   #5910
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Old Bucks look slow and tired.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:16 PM   #5911
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rhea vs Becky with the right build would probably deserve to main event Wrestlemania in a different year
Old 01-18-2024, 07:53 PM   #5912
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okada will be leaving NJPW at the end of January:

Kazuchika Okada to leave New Japan Pro-Wrestling

https://www.njpw1972.com/168267

...not gonna lie; with Trips now in full control of creative, and the elevated status that they're now giving Nakamura, I wonder, and would be super pumped, if he decided to do a run in WWE. We've seen him everywhere else already, so this would be a fresh story in the industry. Nak loves WWE because it's an easier schedule than NJPW and he loves to surf in Florida. Makes you wonder!
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:23 PM   #5913
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

The rainmaker about to CASH IN. I think he shows up at the Rumble. One can dream.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:41 PM   #5914
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it was AEW I don't get why he'd be leaving NJPW

Most guys are more than able to work both AEW and NJPW and have been doing that for a while now.

For NJPW to announce he's leaving it feels like it has to be WWE
Old 01-19-2024, 12:15 PM   #5915
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

When was the last time the top Japanese star left Japan? I just don't see it being WWE.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:17 PM   #5916
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
When was the last time the top Japanese star left Japan? I just don't see it being WWE.
Nakamura was pretty damn close to the top.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:18 PM   #5917
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If it was AEW I don't get why he'd be leaving NJPW

Most guys are more than able to work both AEW and NJPW and have been doing that for a while now.
Same reason Ospreay left. AEW pays substantially more than NJPW, while still allowing its wrestlers to work with other companies.

Okada has said in the past that he's reluctant to move his family to the U.S. If that's still the case, AEW makes far more sense for him than WWE because they'll likely still allow him to spend a good chunk of his time in Japan.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:20 PM   #5918
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Nakamura was pretty damn close to the top.

I guess he was close, but I can't remember the top guy being the one to leave. AEW feels likely since he gets to keep working in Japan.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:31 PM   #5919
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thing is if he was going to keep working in Japan it seems really weird for them to say he's not renewing and that he's leaving NJPW.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #5920
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I guess he was close, but I can't remember the top guy being the one to leave. AEW feels likely since he gets to keep working in Japan.
Rumor has it that WWE has been looking to establish a working relationship with NJPW. They've already established one with AJPW (with the Charlie Dempsey excursion), and both NJPW and AJPW are part of the United Japan Pro-Wrestling Alliance, a council of companies to strengthen the Japanese wrestling industry, so ultimately WWE has been in contact with them given their high profile. And with Triple H at the helm, the door is likely back open to promotion partnership, just as it was with Evolve a few years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: