Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #5581
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I kept thinking it wasn't really him they were eating but that the other dude landed on top of him and the camera angle just made it look that way.

Damn.
That's exactly what I thought, and hopefully...hopefully what did happen.

That was one of the most intense, saddest & nerve-wracking episodes of the Walking Dead. Didn't think that they would (possibly) take one of the main characters out this early in the season.

all I can say is....Please don't let this be true...please don't let this be true....please don't let this be true!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #5582
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh man. Talking dead brought up the idea of Glenn coming back as a zombie. I don't think I could handle that!!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #5583
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the group finds out about Glenn.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #5584
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you're watching the talking dead and heard the note from Gimple I believe...then the indication is that some form, or parts of Glenn will be seen. Ultimate closure to his story, if he is in fact gone (can't see how he make it out of that situation) is that the group finds him as a Walker and Maggie is the one that takes him out. Sad...but I think that would be an intense and in some way give the characters and fans closure.

Last edited by sadora; 10-25-2015 at 09:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadora For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #5585
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadora View Post
If you're watching the talking dead and heard the note from Gimple I believe...then the indication is that some form, or parts of Glenn will be seen. Ultimate closure to his story, if he is in fact gone (can't see how he make it out of that situation) is that the group finds him as a Walker and Maggie is the one that takes care of him out. Sad...but I think that would be both sad & intense but give the characters and fans closure.
It would be, but that trope has been exhausted on the show. Not sure if they choose that route again.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #5586
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

unless she doesn't shoot him and lets herself get eaten....
Old 10-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #5587
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Noooooo! Should've hardened up and killed that guy
This is why I think Glenn is gone, but Rick gets saved by someone doing the right thing... Balances out the karma on the show. Paging Morgan and Carol you're up next...
Old 10-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #5588
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
There's still a small chance that Glenn is still alive damnit. Please let that be Nicholas' guts we saw being torn out!
Most people don't have intestines in their chest. Those weren't Glenn's guts. How he manages to escape? Who knows, but he's not dead yet. Maybe he manages to use the other body as a distraction and run through their feet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #5589
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

So the Wolves with actual working guns didn't attack Alexandria but manage to find Rick.

And is there some significance to the baby food Rick found in the guy's pocket that I am missing?

edit: ok been told that the Wolf with the gun that attacked Rick was the one that Morgan let go and picked up that gun in the previous episode and the assault rifle was Rick's (which I thought the dude in the baseball cap brought)

Last edited by sureLoss; 10-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #5590
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Just read some YouTube comments and there's a theory about Glenn that they'd ran out of bullets, so the shot must be an hallucination. Not sure I like that one as much.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #5591
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Reddit rumors circulating that Yuen was seen on set portraying a character we haven't yet seen.

So in other words, probably a zombie.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:52 AM   #5592
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Reddit rumors circulating that Yuen was seen on set portraying a character we haven't yet seen.
I believe that the rumor (pictures at spoilthedead.com) is actually that he was seen filming with a character we haven't yet seen; making it unlikely that it was a flashback scene.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:14 AM   #5593
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
I believe that the rumor (pictures at spoilthedead.com) is actually that he was seen filming with a character we haven't yet seen; making it unlikely that it was a flashback scene.
Ok, after thinking about it further, here's what I think happens:

Glenn fell underneath the other dude's body, and the zombies ripped him open. Glenn gets covered in end trails, and after the zombies finish feeding, Glenn is actually masked from dead guy stench (since all bodies eventually turn). Carol pulled the same stunt last season, and Michone alludes to it earlier in tonight's episode ("You don't know if your'e covered in your own blood, zombie blood, or your friend's blood"). Glenn knows the herd is heading to Alexandria, so he moves with the herd back home, just in time for them to prepare the defense. Then for dramatic effect, Maggie is about to shoot zombie Glenn, but he reveals himself to be alive.

So perhaps he is a "zombie" per se, but just disguised.

I think the producers know the fans think he'll come back as a zombie. This could just be another twist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #5594
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think he's dead. Glenn has escaped death or at lease close calls too many times before. If he somehow escapes this one too it will be completely unrealistic, and it'll show that TWD is shy about killing off main characters. Honestly as much as I loved Glenn's character - it would piss me off if he miraculously made it out alive...again. Great episode...heartbreaking. I wonder what's going to happen with Rick in the trailer.

Last edited by Nyah; 10-26-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #5595
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, we are hearing lots about "we don't take chances" this season, and given Glen had that encounter with this guy at the end of last season, I'd expect this to be a "lesson" that just saying "we don't take chances" isn't good enough, as all the groups from this episode have taken chances and paid for it. I'm not happy about losing Glen, but it's good that the writers aren't going soft. We asked for entertainment, not slow episodes and this is what we got.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #5596
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also...
Glen was just defending himself...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #5597
Harju
Backup Goalie

Exp:

[QUOTE=sureLoss;5476974]

And is there some significance to the baby food Rick found in the guy's pocket that I am missing?

QUOTE]

At this point Rick doesn't really know what's happened at Alexandria. The baby food is just a plot device to let him know that Alexandria might be overrun and his son and baby could be dead. I think this is the reason he appears to be so scared and helpless at the end.

I think his hand injury is a red herring to add some drama to make people think that maybe he has been bit.

The previews for next week seem to indicate Morgan becoming "Grasshopper" and wandering the earth fighting evil through peace, love and a good beating every now and then.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #5598
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Another thing...what's going on with Rick's hand? I wonder if he got bit or cut himself? Either way they were hinting to some significance with it.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #5599
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

The more I think about it, the more I think he's not dead. It was just too unceremonious. All of the major characters have had epic deaths. Even Noah had a better death than that, and he was barely here a season.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #5600
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Reddit rumors circulating....
Let's keep the spoilers to what we have seen on TV. Season 6 has been filmed already; or at least the next few episodes. So there are people who know exactly what happens. It's one thing for us to discuss our own guesses, but quite another to discuss what people watching the filming have seen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies