Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #5041
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
That's only partially true.
Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews etc aren't recent multiple cup winners from depth scoring alone. It's because they are the among the best players in the league. The Kings were multiple winners with a 'depth' scoring team, but I'm guessing that will happen less instead of more going forward.
Pittsburg won the cup last year because of their depth at forward

Those two guys you mentioned aren't even on the same line and didn't even lead the Pens in scoring Kessel did. You are proving my point
Old 04-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #5042
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Pittsburg won the cup last year because of their depth at forward

Those two guys you mentioned aren't even on the same line and didn't even lead the Pens in scoring Kessel did. You are proving my point
Of course you need depth.
Depth behind superstars helps some.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #5043
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Of course you need depth.
Depth behind superstars helps some.
Exactly, the Oilers don't have it

The Fact that neither Crosby or Malkin lead the Pens in playoff scoring shows how much depth means during the playoffs

Chicago when they won also had incredible depth at the forward position

Hossa was just as important as anyone, then look at their blue line

These are not teams that won because of one or two players
Old 04-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #5044
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I thought the fact that Crosby and Malkin centred two different scoring lines was an example of scoring depth, especially with Kessel on yet another line.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #5045
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLandFlamesFan View Post
or is it "Edmonton urine the playoffs" "what's that smell?"
I like the fact that elsewhere in this forum we have a thread entitled "Excitement Around the City" (Calgary), whereas here, discussing E=NG, we're discussing excrement in the city.

Last edited by Steve Bozek; 04-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steve Bozek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #5046
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

You always know a troll has surfaced when you visit this thread after a day and it suddenly grew by 7 or 8 pages since last read.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #5047
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the article that says Oiler fans treat their city like a urinal pretty much says it all.

E=ng

This equation applies to far more than hockey.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Vail For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #5048
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Rollin22x For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 PM   #5049
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
You always know a troll has surfaced when you visit this thread after a day and it suddenly grew by 7 or 8 pages since last read.
That's especially the case when you have 60 posts per page

Old 04-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #5050
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I am in the process of paying off some standings based bets with Coiler fans at work. They are all convinced that Edmonton is going to walk through the first into the next round. Calgary fans are guarded and have the real fear that Calgary is first round fodder. Why is that?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #5051
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhouse View Post
I am in the process of paying off some standings based bets with Coiler fans at work. They are all convinced that Edmonton is going to walk through the first into the next round. Calgary fans are guarded and have the real fear that Calgary is first round fodder. Why is that?
It is because so many Oilers fans are arrogant buffoons who do not know any better after a decade of watching the playoffs from the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #5052
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You make a valid point.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #5053
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Connor McDavid Lights Up Jonathon Quick as Oilers score 4, L.A. 6

Characteristically leading the Oilers’ exceptional four-goal performance against the L.A. Kings was, once more, stalwart powerhouse Connor McDavid, who recorded a scintillating first assist on the opening goal of the tilt. Edmonton area Tier 1 fans Tammy Meyers-Bronbunson and Dwayne Meyers (no relation), who traveled to L.A. just for the game, could not help but gush over the dynamic and mesmerizing performance orchestrated by the NHL’s latest Maestro de la Glace as they were clamouring for a coveted McDavid autograph after the game. “Gosh, when I saw Connor get that assist, I felt like a young girl again!” said a coyly blushing Meyers-Bronbunson. “Yeah! Me too!” followed Meyers. The jubilation of the McDavid superfans proved to be short-lived, however, as they, along with Oilers’ defenceman Darnell Nurse (1g, 1a, 2, -3) and Kings’ forward Nick Shore (1g, 3a, 4, +1), were trampled underfoot by a wild-eyed, sweat-soaked, panting member of the Sportsnet Oilers’ broadcast team, who was also seeking a McDavid autograph.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #5054
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
We're under .500 since the win streak ended and our top players haven't been performing? Even Gaudreau who has been putting up points hasn't really done much lately in terms of game breaking.

They're back to playing like a playoff bubble team and those teams are usually first round fodder.

Edmonton is 8-2-0 in their last ten and could still win the division and has their star player playing lights out to close the season.

Pretty easy to see why one fan base is confident and the other is not.
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #5055
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Me too - the worse part is that the money they gave me the last ten years is "in the past", but the 5 cups they won in the Jurassic period is relevant. =S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CubicleGeek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #5056
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I am probably up over $500 over the years. This year hurt.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #5057
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post

Characteristically leading the Oilers’ exceptional four-goal performance against the L.A. Kings was, once more, stalwart powerhouse Connor McDavid, who recorded a scintillating first assist on the opening goal of the tilt. Edmonton area Tier 1 fans Tammy Meyers-Bronbunson and Dwayne Meyers (no relation), who traveled to L.A. just for the game, could not help but gush over the dynamic and mesmerizing performance orchestrated by the NHL’s latest Maestro de la Glace as they were clamouring for a coveted McDavid autograph after the game. “Gosh, when I saw Connor get that assist, I felt like a young girl again!” said a coyly blushing Meyers-Bronbunson. “Yeah! Me too!” followed Meyers. The jubilation of the McDavid superfans proved to be short-lived, however, as they, along with Oilers’ defenceman Darnell Nurse (1g, 1a, 2, -3) and Kings’ forward Nick Shore (1g, 3a, 4, +1), were trampled underfoot by a wild-eyed, sweat-soaked, panting member of the Sportsnet Oilers’ broadcast team, who was also seeking a McDavid autograph.
This is *so* good. Big potential to become a favorite along with ATLR!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #5058
Flamescat
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

"Maestro de la Glace"? effin' beautiful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamescat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #5059
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

As funny as it is it's also true. If you look at HF threads after Oilers losses the discussion is split 50/50 between discussion of the loss itself and how many points McDavid put up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #5060
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

It's posts like this that make this thread such a winner.
May E = NG live forever!
Closed Thread