Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2023, 05:15 AM   #4981
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Same as with Jeff Hardy, ladder was possibly breaking. This opening ladder match was bonkers, so good.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #4982
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely fun match, but some of the spots in that match were absolutely nasty. That Falcon Arrow that Andretti gave to Guevara from one ladder to the other gave me the willies, Sammy's head just snapped off the edge of the ladder.

Gran Metalik (Commander), what a debut for him in that match though. That rop walk and then flip was nuts.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:17 PM   #4983
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

That was Gran Metalik???
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:26 PM   #4984
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, I'm wrong on that. It's someone else, haha. Totally thought that was Metalik!
Old 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #4985
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
From the replies (seems it's common practice):

https://twitter.com/user/status/1631121439871959042
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:59 AM   #4986
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

AEW Revolution was great. Simply put, WWE would have had us asleep given what we just saw.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:02 AM   #4987
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Fantastic PPV. One of their best ones IMO. AEW can really crank out the matches when they're focused.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2023, 11:21 AM   #4988
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For the most part it was a really good PPV from the parts that I did see. The people that were upset with MJF throwing water on a kid are crazy. And I'm sure that kid got a thrill of a lifetime visit backstage.

Moxley's stuff is just getting ridiculously stupid. I'm starting to think that he has a complete self mutilation and blood fetish.

I'm hoping that he doesn't blade himself when he has sex with Renee

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2023, 11:36 AM   #4989
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the blading is still a bit excessive but thought it made sense last night.

Like I don't mind it for MJF and Bryan - that is supposed to be a 60 minute war.

Last night is the one match where Mox should be bleeding though, not on a random dynamite against somebody he's not in a fued with.

The thing with AEW is the talent of wrestlers is great. So their PPVs are generally always going to be good - they know how to put on good matches and how to work.

It's the booking decisions that generally are the issue, although I think the ROH split will really help that soon.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #4990
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought the fork work was excessive. When I was watching the match I didn't really care about Moxley or his bleeding because he does it every time.

I guess I misunderstood on the kid thing with MJF, the report came out that there was tequilla in the cup and the kid got it in his eyes and was really upset about that.

Though I still remember reading in Mic's book about a wrestler grabbing a cup of what he thought was water from a fan and throwing it in his opponents face and it was filled with used Tobacco spit.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #4991
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I thought the fork work was excessive. When I was watching the match I didn't really care about Moxley or his bleeding because he does it every time.

I guess I misunderstood on the kid thing with MJF, the report came out that there was tequilla in the cup and the kid got it in his eyes and was really upset about that.

Though I still remember reading in Mic's book about a wrestler grabbing a cup of what he thought was water from a fan and throwing it in his opponents face and it was filled with used Tobacco spit.
Yeah I'll agree with this.

The stabbing each other with point objects stuff AEW does is unnecessary IMO.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:02 PM   #4992
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Yeah the blading is still a bit excessive but thought it made sense last night.

Like I don't mind it for MJF and Bryan - that is supposed to be a 60 minute war.

Last night is the one match where Mox should be bleeding though, not on a random dynamite against somebody he's not in a fued with.

The thing with AEW is the talent of wrestlers is great. So their PPVs are generally always going to be good - they know how to put on good matches and how to work.

It's the booking decisions that generally are the issue, although I think the ROH split will really help that soon.
I’ll have to say that not only were the matches great, but the card was perfectly booked. Just a great pacing, and the ROH split is already paying dividends.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:22 PM   #4993
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP MAN View Post
I’ll have to say that not only were the matches great, but the card was perfectly booked. Just a great pacing, and the ROH split is already paying dividends.
They generally book the PPVs really well too.

It's the week to week shows that leave you scratching your head sometimes, and think ROH and the huge roster have magnified that.

And just like that I feel like the Bloodline story has lost some momentum. Having Jey just side with The Bloodline, and also forcing Roman vs Cody ruined what was one of their best stories in years.

Im sure it will end with Sami helping Cody win somehow but to me it really takes away from the great year Sami had.

I will say the way they executed the Jey super kick was great and it had the fans going, but I just dont see Sami and Kevin beating the Usos for the tag titles being a rewarding payoff to this story.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 03-06-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:16 AM   #4994
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
but I just dont see Sami and Kevin beating the Usos for the tag titles being a rewarding payoff to this story.

If that is the pay-off, then yes. The pay-off has to be Sami going over Roman, but I don't think it necessarily has to be for the title.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:48 AM   #4995
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
If that is the pay-off, then yes. The pay-off has to be Sami going over Roman, but I don't think it necessarily has to be for the title.
Wonder if we're going to at some point also get a six man tag with Cody, Sami and Kevin on one side and Roman and the Uso's on another pre wrestlemania go home or something.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:19 PM   #4996
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Wonder if we're going to at some point also get a six man tag with Cody, Sami and Kevin on one side and Roman and the Uso's on another pre wrestlemania go home or something.

I would be legitimately shocked if that didn't happen.

I think we see Sami cost Roman the title. Get a singles program with him going into Summer Slam that ends with Roman getting some time off after getting demolished by Sami.

I know a lot of people want the belt on Sami, and I would love to see it, but I don't think this program needs it to stay hot.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-07-2023, 04:03 PM   #4997
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still think it does need to end with Jey turning on Roman too though...that is how the Bloodlines story comes full circle from when Roman was kicking the crap out of Jimmy and Jey to get them to join.

I think the best swerve now would be if this was all a plan. Sami has shown Jey the light, and Jimmy too, but in order to truly turn on Roman they needed to act like they were still on his side.

So it's all the plan where they try to reinforce their loyalty to Roman by fighting Sami / KO, but in the end it's actually Jey that costs Roman the title and sides with Sami.

The true collapse of the bloodline from within. IMO this story is just as much about Roman vs Jey, as it is Roman vs Sami.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:53 PM   #4998
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well the if Reigns is going to go to a part time schedule after wrestle mania it means that either Jey and Jimmy go off to do something else and Heyman finds someone else. Or we have to reconfigure the blood line with a new leader with the
Spoiler!

And there's only one that's made sense that can do something to make him the ultimate heel.

And new leader of the blood line.

Spoiler!

Old 03-08-2023, 02:12 PM   #4999
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
I still think it does need to end with Jey turning on Roman too though...that is how the Bloodlines story comes full circle from when Roman was kicking the crap out of Jimmy and Jey to get them to join.

I think the best swerve now would be if this was all a plan. Sami has shown Jey the light, and Jimmy too, but in order to truly turn on Roman they needed to act like they were still on his side.

So it's all the plan where they try to reinforce their loyalty to Roman by fighting Sami / KO, but in the end it's actually Jey that costs Roman the title and sides with Sami.

The true collapse of the bloodline from within. IMO this story is just as much about Roman vs Jey, as it is Roman vs Sami.

I would be very happy with a Stringer Bell type finish with Roman being stared down by all the people he wronged in this (Usos, Sami and to a lesser extent Kevin)as they corner him.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-08-2023, 02:19 PM   #5000
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Bloodline story is A+ storytelling. The WWE should learn from this about how to captivate audiences and make everyone look good in the process. I agree with SuperMatt18, this is about Roman vs. Jey as much as it is Roman vs. Sami. The key here will be to get fans more emotionally invested in Cody during all of this.