Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #4661
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Rick was told about it being airborne in the CDC the second season, there had been hints about this earlier - walkers with no signs of biting.

The zombie bites are just like a super komodo dragon bite, so full of bacteria that you develop a fever and die.

I don't remember him being told it was airborne.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
Old 11-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #4662
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I don't remember him being told it was airborne.
The doctor who committed suicide by blowing up the CDC whispered it to Rick right before he left the building. Everyone will turn into a zombie whether its by natural death or zombie bite.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #4663
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Old 11-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #4664
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post

I must be missunderstanding "airborne", regardless, the virus is secondary to show.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #4665
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think what's made this season better than the others is they have more or less abandoned the first season or two.

Zombies no longer climb things, use weapons or 'learn' like they used to which has made them a much less 'fearsome' foe.

I think grouping whatever happened around the CDC story arc into that same forgotten abyss is probably a good idea.

To me, this season is almost like the season 1 the show should have had. "We interrupt this tv show to bring you this TV show already in progress."
Old 11-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #4666
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
To me, this season is almost like the season 1 the show should have had. "We interrupt this tv show to bring you this TV show already in progress."

This really if the beauty of this show. They could keep this running as long as the Simpsons, just float new characters in and out of the series.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #4667
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
...for a fake, fantastical virus.
That's not the point, parasitic entities all share similar characteristics; they want to spread.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #4668
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
Also, its a virus/bacteria that is controlling the zombies, would the virus or bacteria not eventually eat the entire brain/stem area?

Further, whatever it is that controls the, has a purpose in that control to further its cause... so the reason for biting is the way the bacteria/virus spreads. The biting does have a purpose.

Braiaiains
Old 11-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #4669
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
That's not the point, parasitic entities all share similar characteristics; they want to spread.
Sure, and it's fun to speculate on the nature of this particular virus/disease/parasite from the real-world perspective...but to suggest the writers suck because they supposedly didn't consult experts on what is essentially a completely fictional 'virus' that exists in an alternative, fantasy universe is a bit much.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 11-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #4670
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Solid episode, enjoyed the Carol flashbacks and change of scenery.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #4671
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This season is driving me nuts. Someone needs to take the blender away from the writers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 04:32 AM   #4672
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

what another brutal episode.

There just isn't deep enough plot lines to do a full episode for just one set of characters. the story went about 2 steps forward over the course of a full hour/episode last night.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #4673
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
This season is driving me nuts. Someone needs to take the blender away from the writers.
Yeah. The season started out with a bang and the writers have slowed things down to a snail's pace. These last two episodes kind of highlight how Rick carries the show. When he's not on it things get kind of dull. Carol better have two broken legs after being cut down like that. Anyone think it's kind of weird how she would run in front of a moving car like that? How could she not see it coming when cars are so few and far between?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #4674
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Anyone think it's kind of weird how she would run in front of a moving car like that? How could she not see it coming when cars are so few and far between?
I think the car probably intentionally ran her over as soon as they saw her. That way she would require medical attention and "owe" them for it, forcing her to pay off her debt to the new group at the hospital.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #4675
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the episode.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #4676
waner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah. The season started out with a bang and the writers have slowed things down to a snail's pace. These last two episodes kind of highlight how Rick carries the show. When he's not on it things get kind of dull. Carol better have two broken legs after being cut down like that. Anyone think it's kind of weird how she would run in front of a moving car like that? How could she not see it coming when cars are so few and far between?
Based on how this season is going so far my guess is we will get an hour long flashback of that specific accident and what exactly happened. But based on the writing this season my guess is they won't answer as that may risk advancing the plot at a faster than glacial pace. They likely will just focus on the most boring mundane things they can instead.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #4677
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is the rest of the cast on PTO days?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #4678
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I also liked the episode. What did I like?

- Darryl is one of my favourite characters; and I think he is strong enough to carry an episode.
- All kinds of "change of scenery" that everybody was asking for. None of this asking why the grass is mowed 2 years after the ZA. In fact the special effects team did a great job showing the decay, the after effects of the napalm- right down to the decay of the vehicles on I-85 since season 1.
- We got some glimpses into how people in urban situations survived with the +15 campground. (Until they were shot in their sleep.)
- Some great movement in the story. Where Carol went from wanting to kill Noah to pleading with Darryl to save him. This right after she said that she didn't think we could save people any more; Darryl made her realize that wasn't true.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #4679
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I think the car probably intentionally ran her over as soon as they saw her. That way she would require medical attention and "owe" them for it, forcing her to pay off her debt to the new group at the hospital.
I realize that was supposed to be the intention but my question is how it could have been timed so perfectly and how she wouldn't see them coming when she ran out. So they were waiting outside on the middle of the road right in front of the door waiting for here to come out then pin the throttle? Even at that they would never get to that speed nearly fast enough. The way the accident happened looked like a person running in the middle or a busy road where a car is already well on it's way. It's a flawed scene but I'm not going to dwell on it as if you did it would drive you crazy.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #4680
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also really liked the change of scenery. Seeing Atlanta again was pretty cool. Though I wish they had included a giant zombie mob like they had in the very first episode.

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies