Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #4661
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is it that good people (generally) are the ones that lose their lives and these #%¥&+*! walk the planet? If something ever happens to these people, I hope they get jack all for support or help. They dont deserve any.

And why can they not use their real names if they're after the truth so much? And that school safety "consultant" - holy hell. Next school threat, he should be strapped to the front doors as the first line of defense. Unbelievable.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #4662
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Best quote: "We go to everyone in Texas just to confirm what we already know to be true, and then it's no doubt about it when we get there. That's what I'm saying. It's a fact".

Didn't watch the whole thing because it's pretty disturbing watching these people, who are clearly mentally ill, rant. I think they probably suffer from some form of narcissistic personality disorder. Probably doesn't help that they see media personalities like Sean Hannity and Alex Jones do the same thing, which only condones this behavior.
The Following User Says Thank You to snootchiebootchies For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #4663
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Wow, that's f'd up.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #4664
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of the 'realities' that some folks 'live' in are utterly mind boggling.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #4665
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
Best quote: "We go to everyone in Texas just to confirm what we already know to be true, and then it's no doubt about it when we get there. That's what I'm saying. It's a fact".

Didn't watch the whole thing because it's pretty disturbing watching these people, who are clearly mentally ill, rant. I think they probably suffer from some form of narcissistic personality disorder. Probably doesn't help that they see media personalities like Sean Hannity and Alex Jones do the same thing, which only condones this behavior.
\
I was with you until the bolded, neither of those guys are mentally ill, Alex Jones pretty much admitted that he's in the "entertainment" business during the last law suit against them.

These men are the worst type of evil because they pray on the stupid, the mentally ill, the scared, the people that need to believe that the government is an all encompassing machine of evil and repression.

They sell books, and subscriptions and speaking engagements. They created the virus and the media that its spreads to people that actually really need help for money.

I used to laugh at 9/11 conspiracy theorists and look for debates with them, but I gave up because they're sad and pathetic and ill informed and desperate for something to cling to that gives their lives meaning. It became a sad excercise of going from "You really don't know how Thermite works" to "You're just a monstrous jar full of sad crazy"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #4666
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I'm have for as long as I've known about what lead in our environment did to humans brains; wonder if there is something in our environment on par or worse than lead that is creating these people.

I know it could just be that we live in instant media, the internet so we see this stuff, all of it instantly now, but there is this nagging feeling that we have some unintended consequences in our environment that could be affecting the human brain.

At least I hope its that, otherwise #whereareyougiantmeteor2018
Old 04-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #4667
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I'm have for as long as I've known about what lead in our environment did to humans brains; wonder if there is something in our environment on par or worse than lead that is creating these people.

I know it could just be that we live in instant media, the internet so we see this stuff, all of it instantly now, but there is this nagging feeling that we have some unintended consequences in our environment that could be affecting the human brain.

At least I hope its that, otherwise #whereareyougiantmeteor2018
I have a feeling that this is closest to the mark. That one fellow in the video, who says that he knows better than to talk about it with locals and the people directly involved, since he's a local...but that he's got "several" online groups where he can talk about the truth with other like-minded folks...that's the big propagator of this, I think.

It used to be the nutter down the street. Or the eccentric a couple blocks over. But now those people can go online and find like-minded people, reinforcing their problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #4668
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I have a feeling that this is closest to the mark. That one fellow in the video, who says that he knows better than to talk about it with locals and the people directly involved, since he's a local...but that he's got "several" online groups where he can talk about the truth with other like-minded folks...that's the big propagator of this, I think.

It used to be the nutter down the street. Or the eccentric a couple blocks over. But now those people can go online and find like-minded people, reinforcing their problem.
And the way these groups recruit is pretty impressive, from a completely depressive viewpoint. Essentially, they target those people who may be uneducated, mentally ill, feel marginalized, and are most often angry. They use soft language and suggestive ideas to get them in the door, and that's when they hit them with their ideology. The internet has made this incredibly easy.

Most men that join "men's rights" groups or people that find themselves involved in racially charged "alt-right" groups are in that liminal space between where they started and the extreme ideals of the group. When they say they aren't misogynistic or racist, while simultaneously exhibiting that behavior, they truly believe it. In some cases they just feel validated and have some modicum of control.

It's fantastically insidious. And that isn't to discount the honestly heinous.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 04-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #4669
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Another shooting. This one just outside of Nashville. Four people dead, three injured. Gunman still on the run.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html
Old 04-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #4670
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

When i saw this, i thought about the 2nd season of fargo with the waffle house killing. so bizarre
Old 04-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #4671
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barack Obama's contribution to Time Magazine's most influential people 2018 list.

http://time.com/collection/most-infl...land-students/

Quote:
Our history is defined by the youthful push to make America more just, more compassionate, more equal under the law. This generation—of Parkland, of Dreamers, of Black Lives Matter—embraces that duty. If they make their elders uncomfortable, that’s how it should be. Our kids now show us what we’ve told them America is all about, even if we haven’t always believed it ourselves: that our future isn’t written for us, but by us.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #4672
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR View Post
Another shooting. This one just outside of Nashville. Four people dead, three injured. Gunman still on the run.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html
The guy that wrestled the gun away from the shooter is a friggin hero.
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
FFR
Old 04-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #4673
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

He was arrested at the White House a year ago. The Feds revoked his licence and seized 4 firearms from his home. They then GAVE THOSE GUNS TO HIS FATHER who gave them back to his son at some point. Am I reading that right?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #4674
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
He was arrested at the White House a year ago. The Feds revoked his licence and seized 4 firearms from his home. They then GAVE THOSE GUNS TO HIS FATHER who gave them back to his son at some point. Am I reading that right?
only in 'merica baby!!!!!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #4675
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post

The part I find particularly incredible from the Global News article:

Quote:
The Illinois Sheriff’s Office currently isn’t aware of how Reinking came to repossess the guns.
How is that even a head scratcher? Is this like one of those situations where everybody is completely oblivious to the obvious?
Old 04-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #4676
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
The guy that wrestled the gun away from the shooter is a friggin hero.
100%. This guy is nothing short of inspiring.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/23/u...ames-shaw.html

Quote:
“There is kind of no running from this,” Mr. Shaw said. He recalled thinking to himself, “I’m going to have to try to find some kind of flaw or a point in time where I could make it work for myself.”

During a sudden break in the firing, Mr. Shaw sprinted through the door as fast as he could, slamming into the gunman and knocking him to the ground. He grabbed the rifle and tossed it over the restaurant counter.

The gunman, Travis Reinking, 29, then ran away, the authorities said, but not before he had killed four people and injured four others.
Also news, they just caught the guy about an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/user/status/988478940854607874

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 04-23-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #4677
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Oliver North Will Be Next President Of NRA, Organization Says

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ntent=20180507
Old 05-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #4678
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oliver North as the President of the NRA is just... mind numbing and reflective of everything that is wrong with the NRA.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #4679
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

He knows a thing or two about selling weapons, and that's all that counts to the NRA.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #4680
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Closed Thread