Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #4601
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Old 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #4602
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
This is the pacing and eventfulness from episode to episode the show should've had from the start. Seasons 2-4 had too many painfully slow episodes that didn't impact the storyline in any way. Since the comic has been going on for 10 years, I'm sure there's more than enough story to keep things moving this briskly.
I agree. Me and my women quit watching after they were in the prison so long. It became ridiculous. We only just started watching again and are now caught up. We've been pleased with the quicker pace.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #4603
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Me and my women quit watching after they were in the prison so long. I
Good for you man, good for you.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #4604
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't think the Beth character is all that deep or interesting... at least not yet, but they did bring one of the A-listers into the hospital, so I imagine things will get more interesting. The writers have done a good job at transforming the characters, so there is still hope for Beth.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #4605
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Better tonight - I like the Abraham/Eugene storyline. Though a possible end game for the series has now been obliterated.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #4606
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never understood how they could believe that idiot could actual save the world.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #4607
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I never understood how they could believe that idiot could actual save the world.
Gotta believe in something man.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #4608
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Super creepy, Eugene watching Rosalita and Abraham getting funky.

I suspected Eugene was a fraud after about the fourth time he said "that's classified" whenever he was asked anything. I guess Abraham has no reason to live now. Hopefully they head back to Rick's camp and we can all be one big happy family again.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #4609
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

hahahahahahaaha......... Eugene to S-A-M-R-T
Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #4610
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Much better episode tonight makes me dread the revisit to the hospital story in the coming weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #4611
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Much better episode tonight makes me dread the revisit to the hospital story in the coming weeks.

If it was the same story angle I would agree. From seeing the preview it looks like it is about C & D trying to enter the city.

I think this could be really good. The urban setting provides lots of interesting story telling.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #4612
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did Eugene even survive that beat down? Wow did he get his melon rung and then face planted on asphalt.

Agree or disagree with what he did, he basically saved Abraham and gave the group he was traveling with purpose.

If there was any truth to what he was saying about a bunker of sorts in DC, they should still try to get there. Church aint gonna cut it. Only other option would be to try to salvage the prison or maybe Terminus? You would think to insure long term survival, you have to find something solid.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #4613
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Did Eugene even survive that beat down? Wow did he get his melon rung and then face planted on asphalt.

Agree or disagree with what he did, he basically saved Abraham and gave the group he was traveling with purpose.

If there was any truth to what he was saying about a bunker of sorts in DC, they should still try to get there. Church aint gonna cut it. Only other option would be to try to salvage the prison or maybe Terminus? You would think to insure long term survival, you have to find something solid.
The rationale to get to Washington is probably sound - but the journey to get there is probably too dangerous.
I always thought a Storage facility might make for the best "base camp".

Or try to get to an island of some sort.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #4614
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it me or has the zombie threat being kind of marginalized in the last few episodes where people are just taking out groups of zombies with ease with nothing more than pocket knives? They just got out of the bus and took out a large group of zombies without even breaking a sweat. I figured zombies would lunge head first to bite people but the show has them walking with their hands out slowly without even trying to bite. When did hand knives to necks become fatal for them? Also how did pressurized water kill them?
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #4615
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

All has to due with the zombies beginning to rot. We are now at least 2 years into the Zombie Apocalypse, with most of the population turning within the first month. So most zombies have been slowly rotting over those 2 years. Makes sense that the zombies need to grab to be able to bite now.

I also think I'm done with the Talking Dead now. They all but gave away who lives and dies in the next episode. If they can't do a live show without giving away critical spoilers, then they shouldn't.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #4616
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They are what, 3 years into the apocalypse now. The walkers aren't getting any fresher, they are getting softer and slower, probably "starving" as well. I am sure the pressure from a fire hose would strip that gooey flesh off them no problem...but doesn't the truck have to be running???

As for stabbing in the neck I agree, we've seen in the past cutting off the head doesn't even stop them.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #4617
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Is it me or has the zombie threat being kind of marginalized in the last few episodes where people are just taking out groups of zombies with ease with nothing more than pocket knives? They just got out of the bus and took out a large group of zombies without even breaking a sweat. I figured zombies would lunge head first to bite people but the show has them walking with their hands out slowly without even trying to bite. When did hand knives to necks become fatal for them? Also how did pressurized water kill them?
I would imagine the walkers are deteriorating over time as well...probably getting more and more weak, and their skin is visibly more fall-offish lately I've found.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #4618
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Also, anyone who is still alive is a professional zombie killer.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #4619
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

finally all caught up on the show, so am able to peer into this thread.

I personally just don't like when an episode only shows one story line in complete isolation. The hospital episode was easily one of the worst episodes of this series in my opinion. Last night was meh also. I didn't like the fact that they introduced abraham as the "guy with the plan" when he was so obviously questionable as the smart scientist type, yet in the end the surprise of the show is that, well turns out he is exactly what he seemed in the first place. Hoping there's something more interesting there from a plot perspective.

While i'm on the topic of the show. one thing i really, REALLY disliked was how the plot plays out for the 2 girls, especially the one girl who never came to terms with the fact that zombies are bad. it was an annoying plot to watch, but was intriguing in that it might evolve into some sort of tangible learning about the zombies or something, but in the end, nothing.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #4620
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
They are what, 3 years into the apocalypse now. The walkers aren't getting any fresher, they are getting softer and slower, probably "starving" as well..
So if that is the case, does that mean the walkers have a finite life?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies