Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2023, 02:17 PM   #4481
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If Danielle had her way, she's use the number of list and reposts on Xitter from her cult followers, trolls and spam bots as numbers to show a strong mandate to do whatever she wants.

Remember, she has a blue check mark, which makes her legitimate.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #4482
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Too late. Her party is already wasting your money on ads to other provinces about energy prices that don't affect them, failed pipeline projects, war rooms, fights with Netflix about Bigfoot, and the biggest Cabinet in Alberta history.

I'd give her $5 for some mouthwash though. All that hot air must cause serious bad breath. She looks like she could use a swish.
Any way we could put a six-month moratorium on their governing?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #4483
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
On the one hand, Musk is battling bots on X. On the other, he's making them with Optimus. Wait until he sends out his bots to take out X-bots.
He can pay for Twitter by making a series of movies. I wonder if Michael Bay is available.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 02:32 PM   #4484
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
If people are willing to spend money for companies to spin up fake follower counts for their social media presence, what makes anyone think these same companies won't be willing to pay $1 for a bot to continue their spam and misinformation campaigns?

I'm not in love with the idea of giving twitter my credit card info.

Once there’s a financial transaction involved I assume they could have a better chance of validating unique users vs. 10k users spun up by a bot farm. $1 a year won’t deter anybody but the transaction might.

I’m with you though, I wouldn’t do it.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 03:40 PM   #4485
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

$1/year won’t deter me but I’m not giving Musk banking info.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:50 PM   #4486
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
stop buying his dumb cars...most right wingers think electric cars are gay anyway
Not sure if serious?

A certain mod sort of commented but...

If this was not a horrible attempt at a joke it is Waaaay offside. Or from 1982.

I thought this is the kind of stuff we don't want here?

Anyways....
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 09:50 PM   #4487
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And ironic signature is ironic.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:41 AM   #4488
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worlds richest man-child has no idea what he is doing.

Quote:
In recent weeks Elon Musk has suggested X could stop being accessible in Europe to avoid new regulation enacted by the European Commission.

Musk has become increasingly frustrated with having to comply with the Digital Services Act, a person familiar with the company said. The person added that the Tesla billionaire, who acquired Twitter a year ago for $44 billion and rebranded it to X, had discussed simply removing the app's availability in the region or blocking users in the European Union from accessing it. This would be similar to the way Meta is blocking people in Europe from using its new app, Threads.
Awww, regulations...such a pain!

Quote:
Cash-strapped X could face a fine if it's found in violation of the DSA. The commission can impose "periodic penalty payments" of up to 6% of a company's global revenue.
Well at least the real dollar amonut will be low.

Quote:
Musk and a representative for X did not respond to a request for comment. The platform's press line has an automatic reply stating, "Busy now, please check back later." A representative of the European Commission also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
I guess that's better than poop.

Quote:
A winnowing down of X's international presence came up again earlier this year when Musk decided to close nearly all of the company's roughly two dozen global offices, including most in Europe and India, as well as those in Australia, Africa, and South Korea. At the time, Musk suggested the platform, then still known as Twitter, should shift to operating only in the countries where it was most popular, so the US, the UK, and Japan.
Quote:
Though Musk has yet to pull X out of any country, one of the people said that essentially no employees remained in Europe, as offices in Paris, Madrid, and Berlin had closed. Dublin, however, remains open. London, too, with the UK no longer being part of the EU and proposing separate obligations for large platforms.
Well ya, what could you need people for, this is a tech company! The planet's collective conciseness, don'tcha know?

Quote:
"He's very quick to drop the hammer on anyone who he doesn't like," one of the people familiar said, "or who says something that he views as challenging him."
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...pe-dsa-2023-10

The sign of a truly great leader. Knowing you are better than everyone at everything, and they should probably #### right off.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #4489
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Elmo has offered Jimmy Wales ONE BILLION DOLLARS to change the name of Wikipedia to "Dickipedia."

https://www.complex.com/life/a/alex-...ion-dickepedia
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 12:13 AM   #4490
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Elmo has offered Jimmy Wales ONE BILLION DOLLARS to change the name of Wikipedia to "Dickipedia."

https://www.complex.com/life/a/alex-...ion-dickepedia
Love that him and his dick riders are going through their "epic chungus bacon" phase a whole 10 years after the rest of society moved on. Can't wait for Elon's Chuck Norris jokes.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2023, 04:16 PM   #4491
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Not surprised in the least.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1717665466036990096
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #4492
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://variety.com/2023/digital/new...ne-1235770297/

Quote:
So how’s it going at X today? Not great, according to several indicators.

Millions of users, including several celebrities, have quit in the wake of Musk’s takeover and dramatic refashioning of Twitter. In September 2023, monthly active users for X/Twitter had dropped 15% worldwide (and 18% in the U.S.) year-over-year, according to web analytics provider SimilarWeb. Other third-party measures indicate a roughly similar decline; mobile daily active users dropped 16% on an annual basis in September 2023, to 183 million, according to Sensor Tower. Musk last month claimed that X has 550 million monthly active users, who share up to 200 million posts daily, but it’s unclear how that might compare to past measures. (As a public company, Twitter reported a metric it dubbed “monetizable daily active users”; Musk has repeatedly disparaged Twitter’s former methodology for reporting users and estimating spam/bot accounts.)

Advertising has shrunk even further. U.S. ad spending on X/Twitter by major ad agencies from September 2022-August 2023 dropped 54%, according to ad-analytics firm Guideline (via WSJ). Despite Musk’s promise to marketers that he would not turn Twitter into a “free-for-all hellscape,” advertisers have been wary of Musk’s mercurial decisions, including his move to reinstate thousands of formerly banned accounts (including Donald Trump’s), not to mention his own bizarre posts that at times have traded in conspiracy theories.
Also, there's nothing more guaranteed not to happen than a Musk guarantee, so if you can get odds on this somewhere, bet the house against it happening.

Quote:
Musk, currently the world’s richest person with an estimated net worth of $220.8 billion, obviously loves owning X. And he’s intent on transforming it into a “single application that encompasses everything” — including processing financial payments, he told Xers at a virtual all-hands meeting Thursday marking the one-year anniversary, The Verge reported. “I actually mean someone’s entire financial life. If it involves money or securities it will be on our platform,” Musk reportedly said. “You won’t need a bank account… It will blow my mind if we don’t have that rolled out by the end of next year.”
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 11:45 AM   #4493
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

^It'll be out right after FSD is finished.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:05 PM   #4494
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
^It'll be out right after FSD is finished.
And the Mars colony is up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 10:34 AM   #4495
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of Musk at all, but I do give him credit for giving all aid agencies in Gaza access to Starlink after Israel cut everything off in the strip. Should help the agencies in their efforts.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:13 AM   #4496
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1717627056362529170

Success!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2023, 12:55 PM   #4497
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
But all of the other brainwashing services are still doing well.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:01 PM   #4498
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Not sure if serious?

A certain mod sort of commented but...

If this was not a horrible attempt at a joke it is Waaaay offside. Or from 1982.

I thought this is the kind of stuff we don't want here?

Anyways....
unfortunately not a joke but sad reality...elected members of US congress are questioning the sexuality and manliness of people buying electric cars.

Not in smokey back rooms but ironically on twitter owned by musk himself

I was not saying I feel that way in fact quite the opposite. I just don't get why anyone would support this clown or his businesses. Especially those to the left of the FAR RIGHT he seems infatuated with supporting for some reason. (its money)

sorry I took so long to respond to this

anyone with a Tesla should put a big Trump flag on the back, the guy has singled handedly got him back in a dead heat for 2024 by helping spread the nonsense

Last edited by dino7c; 10-29-2023 at 02:07 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:04 PM   #4499
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
This is all I've got.

exactly
Old 10-29-2023, 03:04 PM   #4500
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get