Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > Archives
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #401
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Are draft picks available for trade or no?

Also, are we just doing the 1 year or? If not then draft picks should be eliminated (hell I don't even know if they are available online).
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #402
Hades
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Looks good to me, can you have the pre-SO format of playing single period OT, then ending in a tie? I'd support that so regular season games don't go on forever.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #403
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post

Also, are we just doing the 1 year or? If not then draft picks should be eliminated (hell I don't even know if they are available online).
I'm assuming everything is the same as in BaGM (so yes, drafts are available for trade) with the exception of live drafting, which really sucks. EA says they don't want us sitting through the 7 round draft, but I actually want to go through the draft.

As for the length of the time, I'd like to continue the league for as long as possible. If it goes well the first year why not keep it going =)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #404
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

The settings look good Jobo.

Put me in the group of quicker approval the better. Especially if we are playing hardcore, we could see injuries galore with how much guys love to hit.

7 minute periods is great, a bit more than the quick 15 minute games but not too long that people cant get in a quick game. 9 minutes can mean the difference of a ready gm having to wait til the next day to play his opponent cause GM-B doesnt have quite enough time.

One question though, what will be the criteria of a trade being approved by the Commish? This has been an issue from back in the PC SIM days. Will there be a board that votes or one person?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #405
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post

I think we're gonna do seasons until there's no more interest. Draft Picks are available for trade- I assume, as there is a draft at the beginning of each season (excluding the first)

PM me if you need a new Sig! 100 percent free of charge!
I got the moves like Miikka, I got the moves like Miikka
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #406
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspec View Post
Good question. It would have to depend on the length of the vacation of course. For me personally, I shouldn't be gone for more than a week for a while since I took my big vacation in May. I'm hoping that EA adds a feature to their mobile app to allow commissioners to approve trades, signings, etc. on the road.

It would be great if there was some sort of web interface that would show the standings, each GM, player stats, recent transactions, etc. Much like a fantasy league actually.
Perhaps we could have a stand-by commish so he could step in for us if we are gone for a long period of time. That would work, I think. If not that- if we're only gone for a few days the league could wait to be advanced, I think. Maybe they'll make a feature on easports.com for us to manage our leagues online.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #407
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDonutz View Post
I think we're gonna do seasons until there's no more interest. Draft Picks are available for trade- I assume, as there is a draft at the beginning of each season (excluding the first)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDonutz View Post
Perhaps we could have a stand-by commish so he could step in for us if we are gone for a long period of time. That would work, I think. If not that- if we're only gone for a few days the league could wait to be advanced, I think. Maybe they'll make a feature on easports.com for us to manage our leagues online.
Basically just saying what I said =P

And as for the standby commissioner, that would be good in theory but to actually implement this it would be a bit of a hassle. The appointed standby would have to initiate a vote to the other GM's to vote the current commissioner out, and once the actual commissioner gets back they would have to initiate yet another vote to get themselves back in. The lengthy process may be justified if the commissioner is gone for longer than 2 months or so.

We'll see how the league plays out and if it's pretty active, then a standby might be a good idea.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #408
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

And as for the standby commissioner, that would be good in theory but to actually implement this it would be a bit of a hassle. The appointed standby would have to initiate a vote to the other GM's to vote the current commissioner out, and once the actual commissioner gets back they would have to initiate yet another vote to get themselves back in. The lengthy process may be justified if the commissioner is gone for longer than 2 months or so.

We'll see how the league plays out and if it's pretty active, then a standby might be a good idea.
Or, vacation date is trade deadline date
Old 08-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #409
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

With the way they are talking about the phone app it would seem it will not be hard at all to manage the league, so you may not need a back up.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #410
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraisoup View Post
With the way they are talking about the phone app it would seem it will not be hard at all to manage the league, so you may not need a back up.
But I don't believe there's any added functionality for commissioners. So from the app, commissioners won't be able to approve trades/signings/etc.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #411
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah I didn't see your post lol.

Yeah I think it would be a good idea assuming that the Commish is gone for a long time. I know the most ill be gone is one weekend. But that doesn't say the same for the rest of us I assume..

Hopefully the league stays active and we do it again for 14. If I'm gone for a long period of time I'd say the standby is a good idea. It could be like the EASHL teams where you can promote GM's, and then step down. Then when we get back just do it for the person that left.

I guess we'll see on the 11th.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #412
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
But I don't believe there's any added functionality for commissioners. So from the app, commissioners won't be able to approve trades/signings/etc.
You may be right, seems like a stupid thing to leave out of the app in my opinion but it is EA.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #413
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sorry for the double post.

How is the draft going to work? Is it going to be an in game thing once we get the game or are we doing it on the forum or are we just randomizing teams and taking the one we get?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #414
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry for the double post.

How is the draft going to work? Is it going to be an in game thing once we get the game or are we doing it on the forum or are we just randomizing teams and taking the one we get?
The teams will be stocked with random players, and the draft will just be for teams (which basically amounts to jerseys).
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #415
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ah, so its gonna be an auto fantasy draft in game then?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #416
Iniggywetrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hope the team that drafts Iginla doesn't end up with a Canucks Jersey. That would make me sick.

Is there any more information about the Mobile app? Can you choose to have the computer play your game if you're not available or contact your opponent to set up another time to play?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #417
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Ah, so its gonna be an auto fantasy draft in game then?
Yes. While I wasn't totally on board at first, it makes the most sense. You wouldn't want to be stuck with one of the last 5 picks if you weren't a strong player. This way everybody starts off with a decent shake (hopefully).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniggywetrust View Post
I hope the team that drafts Iginla doesn't end up with a Canucks Jersey. That would make me sick.

Is there any more information about the Mobile app? Can you choose to have the computer play your game if you're not available or contact your opponent to set up another time to play?
No word yet as far as I know. From screenshots it appears as though you can be presented with your week and decide which games you want to control and which ones you want the computer to take over for you.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #418
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

With the amount of good players everyone SHOULD have a decent team unless the draft is just horribly unbalanced. I think everyone will have a decent team.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #419
jgardz
Draft Pick

I think 3 days is good, as like Zukes, I have a job, wife, 2 kids, etc.
Everything else discussed above sounds great.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #420
trapper
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm in for xbox, gamertag: trap133
Closed Thread

Tags
connected gm , ea sports , nhl 13 , online dynasty , video game