Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2023, 05:26 PM   #3981
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The closest I have ever come to Israel is walking past the matzo crackers section in the Safeway on Oak and 25th, if you guys want to continue your pointless discourse fill your boots, I was just pointing out that, as is always the case when two posters get into an increasingly insular heated debate, most everyone else stops bothering to read either side, generally because at this point it's obvious you are both full of it trying to win at any cost and little either of you are saying is particularly measured or thought out, basically you guys have become a random crappy twitter thread without even the light relief of a half naked only fans ad somewhere down the page.

Carry on if it gives you pleasure though
I'm sure I contribute to this as well. But for whatever reason, CP - a forum populated by mostly middle aged and well spoken people - devolves pretty quickly to angry name calling whenever any controversial issue is discussed. It's really quite something.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:30 PM   #3982
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I'm sure I contribute to this as well. But for whatever reason, CP - a forum populated by mostly middle aged and well spoken people - devolves pretty quickly to angry name calling whenever any controversial issue is discussed. It's really quite something.
This round of the Israel Palestine debate really is weird though as it's not like either side in the real war gives a toss what anyone else thinks, Israel is going to do what ever it thinks it has to, nothing anyone else says will stop it, right or wrong and Hamas welcomes it's people dying, it was the whole point of October 7th, arguing for either side really is foolish
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:45 PM   #3983
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Contribute to it? You're the source of the problem.
You're deliberately spouting multiple lies to present a false narrative then diving when called on it.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:55 PM   #3984
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

All this talk about genetics doesn't appease any of the concerns about the possibility of genocide.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 06:05 PM   #3985
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
This round of the Israel Palestine debate really is weird though as it's not like either side in the real war gives a toss what anyone else thinks, Israel is going to do what ever it thinks it has to, nothing anyone else says will stop it, right or wrong and Hamas welcomes it's people dying, it was the whole point of October 7th, arguing for either side really is foolish
Another one that lets the mask slip.

No one here is arguing for the side of Hamas. No one has ever argued for the side of Hamas. Why do you equate the people arguing against the slaughter of innocents as being on the "side" of Hamas.

People are arguing against the massacre of the infants, new borns, children, and the rest of the citizens of Gaza. Yes we get that it is futile given the bloodlust of Israel but that does not mean that people need to be silent and point out exactly what it is.

An unprecedented slaughter of children at a rate never seen before.

I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind here least not those that will stoop so low as to imply the WHO is responsible for the deaths of newborns and infants.

You miss the point. In fact you're so far off you're equating Hamas with the innocent civilians. Another one. All one and the same. Part of the same "side".

Why don't you just come out and say it? All Palestinians are Hamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I will re-iterate, regardless of what Hamas has done/is doing, you are not then obligated to support what Israel is doing.

And if you do wish to support what Israel is doing, then just wear it without pointing at Hamas. If you think the visceral brutality of murder warrants a response of death and displacement orders of magnitudes more severe, then just wear it because no one here is defending Hamas and no one has for the last month+, but many are defending Israel.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:47 PM   #3986
Fuzzy14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

What I don't understand is where some of the folks in this thread find the time for all this.

With the non-stop posting and obvious significant research being done at the same time, do you not have jobs? Do your families not miss you at this point? Have you seen the light of day?!
Fuzzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2023, 08:41 PM   #3987
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is basically their whole personality at this point, just let them have this.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:48 PM   #3988
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I read this thread when I can't get to sleep. It makes me instantly exhausted.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM   #3989
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy14 View Post
What I don't understand is where some of the folks in this thread find the time for all this.

With the non-stop posting and obvious significant research being done at the same time, do you not have jobs? Do your families not miss you at this point? Have you seen the light of day?!
It's literally been the same worn out talking points for 30 years. Jews in Israel are evil white colonists...Jews didn't own any land there before 1948....etc... it doesn't take much effort to reply.
Old 11-28-2023, 01:59 PM   #3990
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep same old arguments, 1.8 billion Muslims in the world (24.1%), 15.2 million Jews in the world.(0.2%).

48 Muslim countries in the UN, 1 Jewish country in the UN.

Arab population of Israel, about 2 million (20%)
Jewish population of Muslim countries, around 10,000?
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 02:14 PM   #3991
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Yep same old arguments, 1.8 billion Muslims in the world (24.1%), 15.2 million Jews in the world.(0.2%).

And your point is? You are the world's minority?

Metis, Cree, Blood, and Inuit people - ~ 2 million, or 0.03% in the world, 1 Jewish country in UN, no aboriginal countries in the UN.

Last edited by Leondros; 11-28-2023 at 02:16 PM.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 02:27 PM   #3992
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post

Number of atheists- 1.2 billion
Number of atheist countries - 0

Number of Sikhs - 26 Million
Number of Sikh countries - 0

Number of Baha'is - 5 Million
Number of Bahai countries - 0

Not every religion gets a country my friend. In fact I would argue most countries around the world don't belong to any specific religion. They just happen to be populated by a majority of people belonging to one religion or another.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:22 PM   #3993
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Point taken, posted for context. And I am not suggesting for a second that anyone here is advocating from the River to the Sea.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:28 PM   #3994
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
It's literally been the same worn out talking points for 30 years. Jews in Israel are evil white colonists...Jews didn't own any land there before 1948....etc... it doesn't take much effort to reply.
Especially if you make stuff up and then refuse to provide a source
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #3995
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Especially if you make stuff up and then refuse to provide a source
Israel withdrew from the hospital:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east...spital/3055048

Meanwhile the hospital is re-opening departments:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...is-department/

Israel is also allowing 140,000 liltres of fuel into Gaza every 48 hours:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...%20on%20Friday.

But sure, Israel is blocking supplies to that hospital? Despite the fact the evidence doesn't support that at all.

So do you guys have any evidence at all that Israel is refusing to allow resources into the hospital?
Old 11-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #3996
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

You mean beyond what those articles stated?

"The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip has announced the reopening of the dialysis department at Al-Shifa Medical Complex, despite the destruction caused by the Israeli army in the hospital."

"He noted that those inside the hospital cannot leave due to Israeli forces shooting at anything moving.

The Israeli army reportedly arrested a number of displaced people, patients and their families, taking them to an unknown location."

"Israel has since agreed to allow in aid trucks after stringent inspections, and a small amount of fuel was allowed in on Wednesday to keep United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) aid delivery trucks moving."

"Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, who heads one of the nationalist-religious parties in Netanyahu's coalition said the decision to allow in fuel was a serious mistake

"It conveys weakness, it gives oxygen into the enemy," he said in a statement."
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:22 AM   #3997
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Number of atheists- 1.2 billion
Number of atheist countries - 0

Number of Sikhs - 26 Million
Number of Sikh countries - 0

Number of Baha'is - 5 Million
Number of Bahai countries - 0

Not every religion gets a country my friend. In fact I would argue most countries around the world don't belong to any specific religion. They just happen to be populated by a majority of people belonging to one religion or another.
The Jewish people are an ethno-religious group that has roots in what is now Isarel. In fact, Jews practice many different religions that vary far more than, for example, Sunnis from #####es or Catholics from Protestants.

The Israelis also bought the land prior to 1948.

You'll notice this map of Jewish land ownership lines up very closely with the proposed border in 1948, with basically the addition of land in the Negev dessert, which is largely uninhabitable:

The idea that they just wedged a random Jewish country into an Arab one is a myth. The Jewish people already owned that land. The proposed borders weren't just random.

Do you know who does get countries? Countries that win wars, and more importantly countries that already exist. That's right Israel already exists.

And BTW the Sikhs are a very poor example. They too are largely an ethno-religious group based in the Punjab. They formerly had their own country. Large portion of Sikhs want their own country, and there's been largescale oppression of the Sikh people. And until this latest round of fighting in Gaza the insurgency in Punjab had claimed more lives than the Palestinian/Israeli conflict:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurg..._Punjab,_India
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 11:25 AM   #3998
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
You mean beyond what those articles stated?

"The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip has announced the reopening of the dialysis department at Al-Shifa Medical Complex, despite the destruction caused by the Israeli army in the hospital."

"He noted that those inside the hospital cannot leave due to Israeli forces shooting at anything moving.

The Israeli army reportedly arrested a number of displaced people, patients and their families, taking them to an unknown location."

"Israel has since agreed to allow in aid trucks after stringent inspections, and a small amount of fuel was allowed in on Wednesday to keep United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) aid delivery trucks moving."

"Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, who heads one of the nationalist-religious parties in Netanyahu's coalition said the decision to allow in fuel was a serious mistake

"It conveys weakness, it gives oxygen into the enemy," he said in a statement."
So you take statement from Hamas at their word, but gravity doesn't exist and soldieres aren't capable of carrying full fuel cannisters? Not surprising.

Quote:
But I thought you said no fuel was delivered? Why are they having a debate about fuel being delivered in the Israeli parliament if no fuel was delivered?

Last edited by blankall; 11-29-2023 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:08 PM   #3999
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Israel withdrew from the hospital:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east...spital/3055048

Meanwhile the hospital is re-opening departments:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...is-department/

Israel is also allowing 140,000 liltres of fuel into Gaza every 48 hours:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...%20on%20Friday.
Can you point out where it says that the WHO closed Al Shifa? Because that’s what you said, and it seems like one of your links makes it very clear that Al Shifa is still open.

None of them indicate the hospital has “full resources,” so if you have a link for that feel free to share.

Quote:
But sure, Israel is blocking supplies to that hospital? Despite the fact the evidence doesn't support that at all.

So do you guys have any evidence at all that Israel is refusing to allow resources into the hospital?
Why would I have evidence for a claim I never made? If you’d stop making up positions to argue against, you wouldn’t have to ask for evidence of it.

Since you’re at the point of providing links that contradict what you originally said, you could just say you made that up to.

The whole double-down on lying thing seems incredibly pointless for someone who finds the discussion as easy as you do.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 01:42 PM   #4000
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Netanyahu says he is the only one who can prevent the creation of a Palestinian state.Maybe now some will realize that this is more than just about Hamas.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...t-bank-report/

I am the only one who will prevent a Palestinian state in Gaza and [the West Bank] after the war,” the Kan public broadcaster quotes Netanyahu as having told the lawmakers.

The stance clashes directly with the policy of the Biden administration, which has sought to revive talk of a two-state solution in order to maintain the support of the Arab world, as he continues to offer full-throttled backing of Israel.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote