Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Hopefully at amazon.com (shipped to an American friend) - it's $20 cheaper with the free GC/credit.
Doh!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #22
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

So in multiplayer free mode, can you just chill in that for as long as you want but still manage to upgrade your player?

Take, for example, GTA. You would just screw around until you found a match. Then you warped into the match. In this game, I gathered from the video you can do some things on your own in the free roam mode to upgrade your player WITHOUT having to do the capture the gold type missions?
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
Poison
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Hopefully at amazon.com (shipped to an American friend) - it's $20 cheaper with the free GC/credit.
Finally! A reason to have an American as your friend!!!
Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hey everyone I have a question. If I were to pre-order the game from 2 different places (Bestbuy and EB), so I could get the pre-order incentives. How would I go about paying for only the 1 but getting both incentives. If I bought both games, got both incentives then just went back with the receipt, they'd give me my money back right? Yeah, that sounds about right.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #25
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Hey everyone I have a question. If I were to pre-order the game from 2 different places (Bestbuy and EB), so I could get the pre-order incentives. How would I go about paying for only the 1 but getting both incentives. If I bought both games, got both incentives then just went back with the receipt, they'd give me my money back right? Yeah, that sounds about right.
What incentives are Best Buy offering?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #26
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's another question.

In free roam, is there only 16 players? That'd be stupid. I realize only 16 can play a multi-player match at a time, but only 16 in the entire world at a time during free roam would be kinda dumb.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayems For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2010, 03:08 AM   #27
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Here's another question.

In free roam, is there only 16 players? That'd be stupid. I realize only 16 can play a multi-player match at a time, but only 16 in the entire world at a time during free roam would be kinda dumb.
Yeah, but then it'd be laggy as all fack.

16 people in GTA IV was pretty good, but I agree, if there was like 50 people galloping around, AHAHAHAHA.

As for the incentives, with Bestbuy you get a "warhorse" which is supposed to be better than any in-game horses, so that's a plus. With EB they'll upgrade it to a "Special Edition" for free. w/e, probably won't end up doing it.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #28
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

BB has a trade two, get it free offer in their flyer. Plus that warhorse thingy. I tend to hate anything that has to do with western themes, but I might actually nab this one.

Oh they also have a "buy 2, save $20" thing, it looks like. They have 4 new games to pick from... Alan Wake, Split Second, Red Dead, and Prince of Persia. Not bad, I might get Alan Wake too... Though it'll probably scare the bajeebus out of me.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #29
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Yeah, but then it'd be laggy as all fack.

16 people in GTA IV was pretty good, but I agree, if there was like 50 people galloping around, AHAHAHAHA.
But how to all other mmorpg's do it in terms of laggyness? There are big servers etc. and hundreds of players, I assume, on a World of Warcraft map. I just thought it'd be neat to kinda hide out behind a rock and just kill people as they roll by alone and take their stuff. If there are only 16 players in the world at any given time, and conceivably 7 others are in your posse, that'd make for a boring time.

I know the alternative is non-human players and this isn't a true mmorpg, but that's kind of how i envisioned it through the videos. Lots of people just roaming around. You can go chill at the bar and gamble at poker etc.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
BB has a trade two, get it free offer in their flyer. Plus that warhorse thingy. I tend to hate anything that has to do with western themes, but I might actually nab this one.

Oh they also have a "buy 2, save $20" thing, it looks like. They have 4 new games to pick from... Alan Wake, Split Second, Red Dead, and Prince of Persia. Not bad, I might get Alan Wake too... Though it'll probably scare the bajeebus out of me.
I saw the BB Flyer with the trade two get it free (they also have a popup on the website here http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...mes/28897.aspx), and it says go to the website for a list of games

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/trade-in...px?xml=promo_1

so I click the list of games and it has old stuff like Madden 2010, COD MW 1 and 2, Fifa 10, NHL 10 etc.

would they really take NHL 10 and Madden 2010 in the 2 for 1 deal?

I have only ever traded in at EB and they never have deals as good as that
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #31
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I saw the BB Flyer with the trade two get it free (they also have a popup on the website here http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...mes/28897.aspx), and it says go to the website for a list of games

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/trade-in...px?xml=promo_1

so I click the list of games and it has old stuff like Madden 2010, COD MW 1 and 2, Fifa 10, NHL 10 etc.

would they really take NHL 10 and Madden 2010 in the 2 for 1 deal?

I have only ever traded in at EB and they never have deals as good as that
yep, i traded NHL 10 and the God of War Collection for God of War 3 when it came out. they honor whatever is on the list
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
But how to all other mmorpg's do it in terms of laggyness? There are big servers etc. and hundreds of players, I assume, on a World of Warcraft map. I just thought it'd be neat to kinda hide out behind a rock and just kill people as they roll by alone and take their stuff. If there are only 16 players in the world at any given time, and conceivably 7 others are in your posse, that'd make for a boring time.

I know the alternative is non-human players and this isn't a true mmorpg, but that's kind of how i envisioned it through the videos. Lots of people just roaming around. You can go chill at the bar and gamble at poker etc.
Yeah, but you have to pay for MMORPG's, I am sure Rockstar won't have a ton of servers for the online play. It'll probably be p2p (or what ever it is called - where one guy hosts it, and it is all run through him).
Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #33
InSutterWeTrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Future Shop Trade in Programs

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/categ...mes/27603.aspx

Future Shop has a Trade 2 get 1 free or a trade 5 get 3 promo.
In the link above is a list of the games that qualify to trade in.

InSutterWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #34
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSutterWeTrust View Post

Looks like batman is still there...I wonder if they know the GOTY edition just came out.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #35
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSutterWeTrust View Post

Definitely interested in this promotion.

Does anyone with a 360 want to buy Alan Wake off me (unopened for a discounted rate) if I did this deal. I want Red Dead and PoP, but don`t have a 360.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #36
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great reviews so far!

With 9 reviews in, Red Dead Redemption has a 95% rating at Gamerankings.com.

IGN (9.7/10):

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption is a must-play game. Rockstar has taken the Western to new heights and created one of the deepest, most fun, and most gorgeous games around. You can expect the occasional bug or visual hiccup, but you can also expect a fantastic game that offers the Western experience we've all been waiting for. Red Dead Redemption is a complete game in every sense -- both the single player and multiplayer modes are excellent -- and still manages to offer an attention to detail you rarely see from a game of this scope.
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #37
ZedMan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
... improvements to the formula in things like better checkpoint and mission replay systems.
Nice... That annoyed me in GTAIV.

Last edited by ZedMan; 05-17-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Fixed tag
ZedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow nicer deal at future shop than at Best Buy, was going to do the 2 for 1 at bestbuy tomoro but I do have 5 of the games you can trade in

need to find 2 other games to buy though

the future shop link says today only? the game they are advertising on it doesn't come out until tomoro

Last edited by d_phaneuf; 05-17-2010 at 03:00 PM.
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #39
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMan View Post
Nice... That annoyed me in GTAIV.
They added that to the two add-ons for GTA IV as well, that is why Lost and the Damned didn't annoy me like GTA IV did.

Hopefully Red Dead Redemption is fun, unlike GTA IV. Sure GTA IV was a technical masterpiece, but it wasn't fun at all after you beat them game.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #40
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
wow nicer deal at future shop than at Best Buy, was going to do the 2 for 1 at bestbuy tomoro but I do have 5 of the games you can trade in

need to find 2 other games to buy though

the future shop link says today only? the game they are advertising on it doesn't come out until tomoro
For the other two games, you only have the choice of Prince of Persia, Split-Second, or Alan Wake unfortunately. All 3 have pretty solid reviews thus far though.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote