Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #21
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I haven't played since burning crusade but lately have been thinking about trying it out with my surface 3, would make for a good time waster while sitting in the hotel on work trips.

How frustrated would I get starting up again? I believe I had every class maxed level at that time.
The world has completely changed since cataclysm so every area you knew from Burning Crusade is different. Starting a new toon and exploring the world again might be fun if you're looking to play casually.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #22
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I haven't played since burning crusade but lately have been thinking about trying it out with my surface 3, would make for a good time waster while sitting in the hotel on work trips.

How frustrated would I get starting up again? I believe I had every class maxed level at that time.
I don't think you'd be frustrated at all. You can powerlevel a new toon in very little time with the heirloom items and rested xp. I enjoy the new content.
DoubleK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Warlords of Draenor pre-prepatch, patch 6.0.2, goes live today. MMO-Champion has a great list of all the changes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Live-This-Week

Quote:
New Character Models - Often requested, finally here!
Stat Changes - The stat squish is finally here. Yes, you can still solo old raids.
Item Changes - Reforging, Hit, Expertise, Dodge, Parry, all gone!
Auction House Changes - The Alliance, Horde, and Neutral auction houses have all been merged. The BMAH has moved to Draenor.
Currency Changes - Justice and Valor? Gone! You can still buy most items (other than Heirlooms) for gold.
Toy Box - The toy box is here to hold your novelty items and free up some bag space.
Reagent Bank - More storage space for profession reagents has been added. Most also stack up to 200 now as well.
Void Storage Size Increase - Another Void Storage tab has been added. Try not to fill it up in a week.
Icy Veins Class Guides - These detailed guides have everything you need to know about Patch 6.0.2.
Class Changes - List of class changes and short overview guides.
Guild Changes - Guild levels? Gone! Most perks? Gone!
Group Finder - The Raid Browser is gone and the much improved Group Finder is here.
Siege of Orgrimmar Changes - SoO is giving out Heirloom weapons and now uses the new Warlords raid size system.
Level 90 Upper Blackrock Spire - You can grab some item level 550 gear and preview this dungeon for the next month.
Blasted Lands Quests - The Iron Horde have invaded the Blasted Lands and have a short quest line for you.
New Login Screen - The Dark Portal is back in this new login screen.
Arena Skirmishes - Proving that persistence pays off, the ongoing request for skirmishes has been granted. Thank Holinka!
UI Improvements - The default UI has received several upgrades, including Raid and Battleground specific graphical settings.
Darker Nights - A few areas such as Redridge and and Elwynn Forest are now actually dark at night.
Old World Dungeon Revamps - Blackfathom Deeps, Razorfen Downs, and Razorfen Kraul have been updated.
Undelete Character Feature - You can now restore characters above level 50 forever.
Server Responsiveness Improvements - The sever now processes events much faster, which should make gameplay feel even more responsive.
Anti-Aliasing - MSAA had to go away to move the client technology forward, so we only have FXAA and CMAA now.
Addons - As always, we need your help collecting data from in game by installing the WoWDB addon. Many other addons are also already updated for Patch 6.0.2.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #24
MrPlow
Farm Team Player

Exp:

.... i'm getting the urge ..... crap
MrPlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPlow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #25
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlow View Post
.... i'm getting the urge ..... crap
Sucker.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #26
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Currency Changes - Justice and Valor? Gone! You can still buy most items (other than Heirlooms) for gold.
Hmmm, I recall stockpiling several million in gold a few expansions back . . .
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #27
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

nm
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #28
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big patch today...and that Item/Stat Squish hurt like hell. Level 90, and I have a 62dps bow. Wow.

The new models look pretty good, though.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #29
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Big patch today...and that Item/Stat Squish hurt like hell. Level 90, and I have a 62dps bow. Wow.
The stat squish makes no difference at all. Yes, your numbers are lower, but so is the health of every monster in the game by a corresponding amount. While completing the new world event last night, I didn't even notice a difference in how combat felt until I looked at my damage meter and saw I was doing ~10,000 dps instead of ~300,000.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #30
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does the new patch require different computer specs? Can you run it at the same video settings as pre patch?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #31
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Does the new patch require different computer specs? Can you run it at the same video settings as pre patch?
People are saying they are getting higher FPS than before the patch. The specs are the same.

Ran UBRS last night took 15 min and pretty boring but we out gear it. Did some heroic Siege of Orgrimar with flex raid and personal loot and the loot seemed to flow a lot better than normal loot with a lot more warforged pieces.

The models don't really impress me.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #32
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
The stat squish makes no difference at all. Yes, your numbers are lower, but so is the health of every monster in the game by a corresponding amount. While completing the new world event last night, I didn't even notice a difference in how combat felt until I looked at my damage meter and saw I was doing ~10,000 dps instead of ~300,000.
You don't say?

Anyhow, going from a 2000+ dps bow back to a 62 dps one makes me feel like I went from Pandaria back to the very early days of MC. I know there is no difference, but it sure was a bit of a gut-punch to see that before I got off and rolling around Timeless.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #33
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
back to the very early days of MC.
I miss the old MC/BWL days.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember wiping for weeks on Razorgore. . . Never did get him down before TBC came out.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #35
MrPlow
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I miss the old MC/BWL days.
I found a pretty much perfectly scripted vanilla server a couple years ago

Had everything up till AQ40 and about 5,000 people playing on it. It was awesome.
MrPlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #36
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlow View Post
I found a pretty much perfectly scripted vanilla server a couple years ago

Had everything up till AQ40 and about 5,000 people playing on it. It was awesome.
I have these great memories but I'm not sure I want to revisit them . . . it's like rewatching 80's TV shows you loved. They likely have not aged well.

Apologies for derailing but I will always love this:

Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #37
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Anyone tried out the new patch? I've had friends say that they really dumbed down the class abilities. Basically removing a lot and simplifying things.

3 button rotation of most characters now regardless of the situation. Is this true?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #38
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sounds like a good thing imo. The spell sprawl was just ridiculous by the time I stopped playing. Make the fun in the movement and timing, not spreadsheets.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #39
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Anyone tried out the new patch? I've had friends say that they really dumbed down the class abilities. Basically removing a lot and simplifying things.

3 button rotation of most characters now regardless of the situation. Is this true?
They have removed many abilities, but button bloat was getting seriously out of control for most classes, so this is a good thing. I still have 24 skills on my action bar, and I'd say I use about 18-20 of those routinely while in raids. My dps rotation consists of 4-5 main abilities (depending on which talents I choose) and then two more 2-3m cooldowns.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #40
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

They dumbed down a lot of things including classes. In some ways it makes sense, there was really no reason to have things in game like reforging when everyone would just go to a 3rd party site to find the best (cookie cutter) way to do it. Its one of those go all out or remove it entirely situations.

If you liked WoW before I don't see why these changes would change your opinion, if you want games with tons of specs and such check out archeage.

I played WOD beta this weekend and I like the garrisons, I can see how it could get annoying though. The people complaining about faction dailies are in for a surprise now when to min/max your garrison you have quests ranging from 30min to 7 days. I found myself running back to my garrison more than leveling trying to keep up so its actually worse than dailies in some ways.

Really excited for WOD still as the flexible raid sizes for all of the raids makes it so no one in our guild gets left out even if they can't make some nights, we are running Siege of Org again right now and got our achievement mounts and geared returning players who plan on flex raiding with us.

Group finder is a huge upgrade also.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post: