Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
Hey...about some info on where you were on the waitlist last year? This way, other HH members can make a guesstimate on where they could end up at the beginning of this season...
I was 31st on the waiting list for third level seats going into last year and got seasons tickets this year.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beerfest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #22
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
I was 31st on the waiting list for third level seats going into last year and got seasons tickets this year.
Nice. Where are you at?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #23
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

was curious if anyone is on the list for lower bowl? I have been on that list for long enough that I've lost count. how long roughly does lower bowl seats take to grab? I believe at the start of last year I was 199
spetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #24
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
Yes, but are you in the first three rows...the waiting list is supposed to be for these. I'm asking be because I got an offer as well...but for row 4 and higher. To me those seats are not even close to the same thing.

Clearly it's good business for the flames to get as many people buying season tickets in rows 4 and above...I just hope they honour the lists original intent if I continue to wait for first three rows. As of now it sounds like waiting is an impossible measure to actually get first 3 rows.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Yes, but are you in the first three rows...the waiting list is supposed to be for these. I'm asking be because I got an offer as well...but for row 4 and higher. To me those seats are not even close to the same thing.

Clearly it's good business for the flames to get as many people buying season tickets in rows 4 and above...I just hope they honour the lists original intent if I continue to wait for first three rows. As of now it sounds like waiting is an impossible measure to actually get first 3 rows.
Ace,

Here's my understanding from a few reps I talked to. Personally, I went on the the waitlist in May of this year for third bowls. Like you I was waiting on the first 3 rows (blacks). I expected to wait years of course, and then at the end of June I was sent an e-mail offering me those rows 4 and above seats.

At first I wasn't interested in them but after talking to a few reps about it here's the understanding I got:

A) If I refused to take those seats, then people below me on the list would have the option of taking those seats and I in turn would bump lower than them (obviously as they'd be STH and I would not be yet).

B) By taking those seats I'd have chance at seat relocation next year IF something was available I'd be able to move around before someone who was on the waitlist before me could (because I would now be a STH)

C) The seats they offered me were surprisingly not terrible for someone who went on the list a few months ago, row 7.

As such for better or worse, I took the seats.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #26
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
Hey...about some info on where you were on the waitlist last year? This way, other HH members can make a guesstimate on where they could end up at the beginning of this season...
I first signed up for the Hot House before the 2008-09 season - before this year I was roughly ~170 on the waiting list for 2nd bowl tickets. I was offered tickets in the whites on Thursday.

I think I am going to pass on them and stay on the Hot House again this year, unless I can find someone who wants to buy them by Monday. Just can't afford them quite yet with the last year of school coming up and whatnot.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #27
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone knows if Ticketmaster will allow you to pick exact seat locations when purchasing tickets next season? I ask, because when buying tickets for individual games to the Stampeders this year you get to view all the available seats remaining to be sold and you can pick exactly where you want to sit.

Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Kind of off-topic, but does anyone knows if Ticketmaster will allow you to pick exact seat locations when purchasing tickets next season? I ask, because when buying tickets for individual games to the Stampeders this year you get to view all the available seats remaining to be sold and you can pick exactly where you want to sit.
For While-You-Wait? I believe you are provided a small selection and then you can reload it to get some other choices, but you don't get view all of the available seats and pick.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
Thumper17
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wrong topic.

Side note, how much IS it for whites?
Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #30
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Wrong topic.

STH price is 61/ticket approx.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I first signed up for the Hot House before the 2008-09 season - before this year I was roughly ~170 on the waiting list for 2nd bowl tickets. I was offered tickets in the whites on Thursday.

I think I am going to pass on them and stay on the Hot House again this year, unless I can find someone who wants to buy them by Monday. Just can't afford them quite yet with the last year of school coming up and whatnot.
Thanks! It would appear that I'm about 2 or 3 years removed from season tickets based on the movement thus far.
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #32
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Wrong topic.

$5,457.02 for a pair.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #33
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Nice. Where are you at?
Row 5 of the third bowl, cant remember the section right now though. I usually sit higher then this, so im happy, haha.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #34
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post

Yea, im in row 5. Im used to sitting up higher, so its all good.

The waiting list for the first three rows seems like it could take a while.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #35
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I signed up for HH Thursday the 21st, got row 5 in sec 304 today. Not bad for a waitlist I figure. They also credited my 200 for the HH membership towards the tickets.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
I signed up for HH Thursday the 21st, got row 5 in sec 304 today. Not bad for a waitlist I figure. They also credited my 200 for the HH membership towards the tickets.
Wow, that's kinda unreal actually.

That seems abnormal to me, those are better seats than many STH were offered who were on the list longer IMO, unless I'm missing something here.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #37
Garbs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

i havent heard anything bout my hot house account... im starting to get worried it lapsed or something
Garbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #38
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
For While-You-Wait? I believe you are provided a small selection and then you can reload it to get some other choices, but you don't get view all of the available seats and pick.

No, I mean for regular single game tickets available to the general public.

Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #39
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Have they released the prices for the upcoming season yet? I am curious to know the prices.

From what I saw, Whites are $102, but for STH it is $61?

What would orange, greens, and the row 1-3 of blacks be then?

Very curious as I want to sign up for the Hot House, but I don't have the money to afford most of the tickets for the whole year.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #40
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Have they released the prices for the upcoming season yet? I am curious to know the prices.

From what I saw, Whites are $102, but for STH it is $61?

What would orange, greens, and the row 1-3 of blacks be then?

Very curious as I want to sign up for the Hot House, but I don't have the money to afford most of the tickets for the whole year.
First 3 rows of the blacks are like $7.99 per game.

That or they pay you to come, either way they're ######edly cheap for wicked seats, hence the long waiting list (and also why no one in their right mind pays the same amount for any black row above 3)
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot house , season tickets