Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

hate to say it but i think Granlund gets sent down. By the time Bouma comes back the trade freeze will be in full effect. Trading Bollig or Jooris is out of the question durring this time. Nobody will take Raymond. I think Jooris being young and cheap could get picked up on waivers. Don't see the flames sending down a veteran like Raymond or Bollig during x-mas freeze.

My guess is Granlund is sent down, if there are no more injuries, and something is done the second freeze is over to get Granlund back up.

Also won't be surprised if BT has something breweing for after the freeze that involves something more than sending Raymond down or trading Bollig.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #22
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I agree that Granlund gets sent down for now. It would be nice for it to be Raymond, after all he's only holding down Bouma's spot on Backlund's line until he returns. Jooris would be too easy to lose on waivers, so he stays.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #23
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really hope Granlund doesn't get sent down. What message does that send? What more could he have done to earn a spot?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #24
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

It wouldn't be the first nor will it be the last time a NHL team sends down a more deserving player because of waiver status/cap issues/roster space/etc.

Does it suck, yes but sometimes it is the reality of the rules NHL teams find themselves in.

And for the record I think Granlund should stay.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #25
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Jooris goes down. I also think he clears, he has not really shown any potential as being more than a 3rd/4th line energy guy. It does not matter that he is living with Gaudreau, you do what is best for the team. Granlund at this point is too important to any run we have for the post season to send down and Jooris is doing nothing. Even he got claimed would it really be a big deal? There is no spot for him anyhow.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote