Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #321
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
"why is my mom getting a 2nd onion from you?"

are you serious kid, you are like 5 you should know how to read OPINION.

with todays markets it should be

"you're poorer than you think"

the non nook people cant get a nook because they cant afford it.
Lately due to the "financial crisis" we have been inundated with RBC Bank commercials. They are everywhere. I don't know what effect they're having here in So Fl. we hate Bank of America because all the service charges are so high but at least they're still in business. I can't take the "nook" people! Ah!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #322
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

I really hate that Old Spice commercial where there's a half man/half horse in the shower. Bugs me.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #323
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I really hate that Old Spice commercial where there's a half man/half horse in the shower. Bugs me.
Yes! That one drives me nuts too. There's no innuendo there..not much....
Old 11-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #324
dionfan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Thank you.. I HATE ALL OF THOSE COMMERCIALS.. Especially that one where they are sitting in that ######'s room and he is packing for college. They are looking at his 5 on his cell phone and there is a girls name and all his friends start asking about who she is, and he says its just some girl he met. Then the father comes up and says its time to go and then yells his mothers name and its the girl in the 5 on his phone!! Then his buddy offers to stitch his name in his underwear..

If they are such good friends how do they not know his mother?

The other ones are terrible as well, why would her parents buy a plan for the cell phone thats a gift, months in advance..... lame.....

I want to smack all of those kids...

Has anyone noticed how they recycled this commercial? It used to be for my5, but now they have to for my10. Exact same commercial except for that one number. Way to be original, Rogers.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #325
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I hate the one on the radio with the knocking and door bell set to some stupid ba-ba-dah music.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #326
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Diserono liquer...or however its spelled.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #327
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New commercial shown during the hockey game tonight. A sickening politically correct comercial for Tim Hortons that starts off something to the effect of "getting a gift for the holidays this year?" Holidays!!! I despise that term in advertising. Tims is scared to say "Christmas!" Totally gutless. I'm sorry..in the real world people don't call Christmas "the holidays." Even athiests call it Christmas. One more reason to not stand in line 15 minutes to buy their dreck coffee. Shame on you Tim Hortons! I noticed that another Canadian institution, Canadian Tire, is also running ads during HNIC. They however don't wimp out and they actually say "Christmas!" I'll continue to shop at Crappy Tire. They at least don't insult my intelligence.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #328
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

even my jewish friends call it christmas when speaking to me. I really appreciate the gesture actually.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #329
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably said already, but geez Telus... get a new ad agency and drop the damn animals
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #330
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also hate the panago commercials. I'm sure they've been mentioned in this thread somewhere.

WHY DOESN'T THAT GUY TAKE OFF HIS HARD HAT....

The new one is especially annoying, telling people to move into the panago kitchen..... Drives me insane....
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #331
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Probably said already, but geez Telus... get a new ad agency and drop the damn animals
I've heard Telus has been making those ads in house for a while. They just took the idea that was originally Clearnet and haven't changed it .... in TEN YEARS.

I hate those commercials so much.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 AM   #332
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Subway monkey commercials. Who honestly thought that was a good ad campaign? Also, every Wendy's commercial since the Ranch Tooth. Oh and the McDonald's commercial with the guys juggling eggs...NOBODY IS THAT HAPPY TO BE WORKING AT MCDONALD'S!!! If I was standing in line at the branch, I'd be absolutely enraged.

'BRING ME MY F----NG BREAKFAST ALREADY!!!'
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #333
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

^ and the dopey manager "I dont know what you guys are doing, but keep it up!", uh, here's a clue moron, how about opening your eyes and actually seeing "what they are doing"...
Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #334
C_Rush
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Panago - that fat should choke on his crappy pizza.

Wendy's flavour dipped chicken - looks like someone spooged on your chicken burger.

McDonald's - the two old ###### security guards talking about "diversifying their meat portflios."

Canadian Tire - anything with the husband and wife where the husband looks like a complete a-hole trying to do anything before the wife pulls out whatever piece of crap she just bought at Canadian Tire that solves all life's problems....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy assassins!
C_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #335
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Panago guy looks identical to my buddy Joe. Everyone just stares at him when the commerical comes on.. He usually becomes violent if you mention the similarities.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #336
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

RANCH! RAAAANCH!!

Actually, I think that commercial is hilarious. But I do recall it starting a commercial hatred thread a couple years ago.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #337
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I've heard Telus has been making those ads in house for a while. They just took the idea that was originally Clearnet and haven't changed it .... in TEN YEARS.

I hate those commercials so much.
Telus has the highest brand awareness of any company in Canada with those ads though... that's why they don't change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #338
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

You know what I'd like? Some kind of CRTC ruling where you can't play the same commercial more than once an hour. Most of the commercials I hate would be far more tolerable if I only had to see them a couple times during a game broadcast, instead of every damn break and 4 times during intermissions.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #339
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

That would kill the industry. Repetition is one of the key aspects of advertising.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #340
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Does anyone here have Sirius radio? Basically every commercial I've ever heard on there is the worst commercial I've ever heard. Every single one of them reminds me of the "wacky inflatable-armed tube man" commercial from Family Guy. It's to the point now that whenever the station I'm listening to goes to commercial, I either mute it or simply change stations, I can't handle it.

"That's 1-800-668-SPAM! 1-800-668-SPAM. Call 1-800-668-SPAM!"
Sirius radio has ads? I thought the whole point was to have no ads, wtf are you paying them for then?
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks