Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2024, 04:13 PM   #3021
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan69 View Post
Anyone you pick at six probably isnt a significant contributor for 2 to 4 years. Time frames matter and any if the top picks has a looong way to go to do what anderson does every night now.
Rasmus is contributing to what? This team is not winning anything next year. If we wait and trade him as a rental we likely get what we got for Hanifin.

6 OV is way more valuable than anything we got for Hanifin.

If we have 2 top 10 picks this year, we likely have our top 2 prospects in our system as those 2 players. We would have some serious prospect depth and starting to add some high end to the depth. Easily worth it.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 04:14 PM   #3022
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Chychrun was traded for a 1st and two seconds.

Hronek was traded for a 1st and a 2nd.

Trading Anderson and a 1st for a 1st and a 2nd seems like a significant downgrade in the return.
The 1sts were 12th (which is higher than Ottawa expected) and 17th. 6th overall is way more valuable and I'd be shocked if it was traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
He is worth way more than Hanifin though.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:16 PM   #3023
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
The 1sts were 12th (which is higher than Ottawa expected) and 17th. 6th overall is way more valuable and I'd be shocked if it was traded.
Ottawa probably expected to pick 14th, the definitely did not expect to make the playoffs.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:21 PM   #3024
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed on Markstrom, no way that happens and his value is liekly a protected 25 1st.

I don't think Utah can get a dman like Andersson for a top ten protected pick though. Comparables wise Andersson should be the same as Hronek and Chychrun. Top 15 pick and late 1st/2nd swap isn't crazy if the marching orders are to make playoffs ASAP
Agreed but do they have to get a guy like Rasmus. They have Durzi and Moser with Valimaki. I could see them wanting a vet dman and keeping the 6 OV.

I could see them making a run at a guy like Montour too.

Tanev would be a great add for them or Zadorov.

They have too much cap space, they could spend on a short term deal for Tanev and have him mentor the young kids and help push for playoffs and keep 6 OV
Old 05-16-2024, 04:25 PM   #3025
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ottawa probably expected to pick 14th, the definitely did not expect to make the playoffs.
The sens were sitting just outside of a wildcard spot when they made that trade. I think Dorion made it to make a push for a wildcard spot.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:28 PM   #3026
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed but do they have to get a guy like Rasmus. They have Durzi and Moser with Valimaki. I could see them wanting a vet dman and keeping the 6 OV.

I could see them making a run at a guy like Montour too.

Tanev would be a great add for them or Zadorov.

They have too much cap space, they could spend on a short term deal for Tanev and have him mentor the young kids and help push for playoffs and keep 6 OV
All depends on what the new owner wants. I don't think they are going to be signing any of the good UFAs and they won't trade the 6th overall but it is way closer to real than that Markstrom trade.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:29 PM   #3027
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

He is worth way more than Hanifin though.
Rasmus has been on the 1st PP in Calgary for years, the Flames PP has been average for years and his best year is 50 points. Remove him from the PP, he isn't worth any more than Hanifin.

50 points seems great but teams are scoring on the PP at rates like the 80's. Because of this we are seeing more and more #1 PP dmen getting huge points.

Josi, Makar, Hughes, Fox, Karlson are all taking turns flirting with 100 points. Gone are they days that 50 points is close to leading dman in scoring. 70 doesn't get it done these days.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:33 PM   #3028
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rasmus has been on the 1st PP in Calgary for years, the Flames PP has been average for years and his best year is 50 points. Remove him from the PP, he isn't worth any more than Hanifin.

50 points seems great but teams are scoring on the PP at rates like the 80's. Because of this we are seeing more and more #1 PP dmen getting huge points.

Josi, Makar, Hughes, Fox, Karlson are all taking turns flirting with 100 points. Gone are they days that 50 points is close to leading dman in scoring. 70 doesn't get it done these days.
His contract status alone makes him worth way more than Hanifin. Makar, Josi, Hughes, and Fox aren't fair comparables for Andersson. They are #1 dmen and I wouldn't trade any of them for the 6th overall straight across. The comparables are Hronek and Cychrun.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:40 PM   #3029
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
His contract status alone makes him worth way more than Hanifin. Makar, Josi, Hughes, and Fox aren't fair comparables for Andersson. They are #1 dmen and I wouldn't trade any of them for the 6th overall straight across. The comparables are Hronek and Cychrun.
Now, I said he would get what Hainfin got in a trade if we wait until he is a rental. Now he is worth much more.

But, he's been in a position to succeed offensively for years and really the Flames PP has been below average for years. He has started to lose his spot on the top PP and in today's NHL where scoring is way up and that scoring seems to increase due to NHL average PP scoring at a very high rate. 50 points isn't that good anymore and he had 39 last year. If he can't keep that top Pp spot, he likely is playing a top 4 role, getting 30-40 points and not overly great 5 on 5 or the PK... basically the new Hanifin.

Good player but might be a bit overrated due to getting the prime ice time
Old 05-16-2024, 04:59 PM   #3030
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Now, I said he would get what Hainfin got in a trade if we wait until he is a rental. Now he is worth much more.

But, he's been in a position to succeed offensively for years and really the Flames PP has been below average for years. He has started to lose his spot on the top PP and in today's NHL where scoring is way up and that scoring seems to increase due to NHL average PP scoring at a very high rate. 50 points isn't that good anymore and he had 39 last year. If he can't keep that top Pp spot, he likely is playing a top 4 role, getting 30-40 points and not overly great 5 on 5 or the PK... basically the new Hanifin.

Good player but might be a bit overrated due to getting the prime ice time
He was still top forty for dmen scoring this year. He’s a solid #2/3 dman and that’s what his stats show. He’d be worth the 6th overall by himself if he was a #1.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:18 PM   #3031
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Andersson deserves a look elsewhere with what the Flames are going through.

If some variation of him for 6th overall was on the table I'd say yes.

Flames need to get really young and they could essentially draft a D with a similar or better ceiling but gets them several years younger and that's what they need going forward.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 09:20 PM   #3032
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1791307245478666255
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:38 PM   #3033
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Icon55

Quote:
Rasmus is contributing to what? This team is not winning anything next year. If we wait and trade him as a rental we likely get what we got for Hanifin.

If we have 2 top 10 picks this year, we likely have our top 2 prospects in our system as those 2 players. We would have some serious prospect depth and starting to add some high end to the depth. Easily worth it.
And Anderson is worth more than hanafin?

Most teams in the top ten are rebuilding aka the flames however ottawa, utah and possibly seattle all have motivation to get better quicker. Most teams could benefit from adding a two three defencemen on a cheap contract.

Especially when you can still turn around in a year and half and get at least a first for him unless he drops off a cliff?

Outside the top ten buffalo and detroit could be looking for immediate help. Swing a deal for 11, keep our second pick. This draft isnt worth expending assets and id rather have 9, 11, 28, than six and nine and lose a second.
Fan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:40 PM   #3034
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Coronato is much closer to being a NHL player than Pelletier, not sure how he loses a spot to Pelletier. Don’t mind seeing what Pelletier can do in his D+6 year but am not overly hopeful.
Pelletier isn't waivers exempt anymore... Coronato is.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 10:10 PM   #3035
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Weekes is so annoying
Probably announcing a new mascot
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:25 PM   #3036
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or a new coach?
Old 05-16-2024, 10:41 PM   #3037
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
Weekes is so annoying
Probably announcing a new mascot
Marky for ten?
Fan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:44 PM   #3038
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan69 View Post
Marky for ten?
If that were to happen, I can't see it happening before draft day.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:56 PM   #3039
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marky for 10 OA perks my ears.

The tasty combos you can dream up with B2B picks....
Old 05-17-2024, 12:12 AM   #3040
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Getting x2 top 10 picks would be huge for this franchise.

Going forward with something like iginla + buium would really Kickstart whatever we're doing here.

I doubt marky or rasmus can get one though. Those picks just don't get traded around the draft. I do think we could snag a 10-15 pick though from Detroit, NJ or buff.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to traptor For This Useful Post:

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good