Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #2981
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Rosie O'Donnell Might Play Steve Bannon on 'Saturday Night Live'

http://exclaim.ca/comedy/article/ros...mpaign=fbpwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #2982
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
One incessant poster speculated that Trump was having ED because of a medication he allegedly took for baldness and that's why he's acting so crazy. Which has nothing to do with anything. So yeah, I'd say hating on Trump for any and all possible reasons is definitely in vogue.
Well like I mentioned before the paranoia is real.

You just have to learn how to cut through the BS.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #2983
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...education-dept

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) blasted Betsy DeVos, President Trump's pick to lead the Department of Education, as Democrats staged a late-night protest over her nomination.

"During her hearing, Ms. DeVos proved beyond a shadow of a doubt not only that her ideology is fundamentally incompatible with the mission of the Department of Education, but that she is fundamentally incompetent to be its leader," Franken said Monday from the Senate floor.

"This is not a job for amateurs," the former "Saturday Night Live" comedian added.

Democrats are staging a 24-hour protest over DeVos's nomination ahead of the final vote expected to take place at noon Tuesday.

Franken pointed to DeVos's lack of experience in public education, her unfamiliarity with testing and her support for school vouchers —which he argued don't help low-income students — as a few of the myriad of reasons he will oppose her.

Franken said DeVos was "unable to answer basic questions" during her confirmation hearing.

"She wasn't reluctant to declare her opinion. She wasn't trying to strike a middle ground. She did not know what I was talking about," he said.

He called it "one of the most embarrassing scenes" he's seen since joining the Senate.
Is the video or transcript for the hearing available anywhere?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #2984
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
I'm not sure why Trump is tweeting at all. As President, he needs to know better. Why doesn't he? Why hasn't any of his staff/family told him to quit it? Maybe he really is so big-headed as everyone says? Or he's just the President so no one has the courage to say something now, lest they be fired?

It's time he got over all this politicking and became an actual President.

There honestly must be better things he could be doing right now, like actually enacting some laws that help people- or clarifying what he's already enacted, or maybe actually reading some briefings. Today is a big court case that will likely smash his most controversial EO.

If he wants the media (and other countries) to start being "fair" to him and America, then he should start by not giving them any more fuel. I'm not sure why he doesn't realize that in order to "make America great again" he first has to make Trump somewhat palatable to the world (especially those in his own country that didn't vote for him!).
I think you've seen the light my friend. Trump is more concerned with his image then he is with getting real work done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #2985
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7566861.html
Donald Trump's staff get him to agree to policies by saying 'Obama wouldn't have done it'
Ah the US, where the foreign policy is now based on EGO and not anything else.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #2986
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I think you've seen the light my friend. Trump is more concerned with his image then he is with getting real work done.
Well, TBH he is a TV personality first and foremost. Secondly, he is a "famous" real estate mogul. None of that has changed, he's just gotten a BIG stage.

I think a lot of his supporters would be even more supportive of him- and maybe some opposition would give him a modicum of a chance- if he'd focus on America's image now!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #2987
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Saw this a while ago, with the DeVos confirmation seems kind of apt.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #2988
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, TBH he is a TV personality first and foremost. Secondly, he is a "famous" real estate mogul. None of that has changed, he's just gotten a BIG stage.

I think a lot of his supporters would be even more supportive of him- and maybe some opposition would give him a modicum of a chance- if he'd focus on America's image now!
what channel are you watching?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #2989
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's easy to get a confirmation when you're totally unqualified, just pay everyone off. Literally everyone.

That John Thune guy, obviously can't make deals 8,000$ ?!?! So cheap, it's pathetic, just sad.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #2990
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Devos was just confirmed as Secretary of Education through some sort of "tie breaker" from Pence.

So a creationist is running the education system of a modern country. I wonder if the person who runs the FAA believes in gravity.
More on that here

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-cabinet

Last edited by FlameOn; 02-07-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: fata
Old 02-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #2991
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The most likely scenario after DeVos and the GOP are done destroying education in America

Old 02-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #2992
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

First Lady is refiling her lawsuit against The Daily Mail after the first one was dismissed. Now she's suing because the report cost her $150 million in merchandising profit off of all the products she was planning to launch as First Lady.

In the new filing, made this time in New York, the first lady's attorneys argue the report damaged her ability to profit off her high profile.

Ms Trump, the filing states, had a "one-in-a-lifetime opportunity" to launch a commercial brand of multiple products.

It says each product "could have garnered multi-million dollar business relationships" during the term in which Ms Trump is First Lady and thus "one of the most photographed women in the world."

The lawsuit says those products could have included apparel, accessories, jewellery, cosmetics, hair care and fragrance, among others.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7566356.html

I kinda hope she wins, ignoring the merits of the case the Daily Mail can die in a fire and winning the case would probably get a lot more publicity than filing or having it dismissed would.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #2993
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay all politics and "picking sides" aside, this Spicer guy is just brutal at his job no matter what side you are on. He makes a gaffe every time he gets in front of a camera, but today it's like he's reading the phone book as fast as possible.

Also, the earth is a very dangerous place these days, and some of these attacks "aren't getting the spectacular attention they deserve".

Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #2994
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Okay all politics and "picking sides" aside, this Spicer guy is just brutal at his job no matter what side you are on. He makes a gaffe every time he gets in front of a camera, but today it's like he's reading the phone book as fast as possible.

Also, the earth is a very dangerous place these days, and some of these attacks "aren't getting the spectacular attention they deserve".
You walk out on the street, you get shot.

Next door, there's someone getting raped.

Across the street, someone is getting murdered.

What's next??
Old 02-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #2995
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The positive side to this is that Canadian children will have a significant intellectual advantage over American children."
Canadian children already have a significant advantage. It will simply widen. The USA education system is already in a tough spot in many cases.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #2996
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Because I don't think it would be taken in the spirit I intended, and likely just cause more piling on against me, and therefore distract from the topic.
Sean Spicer, is it you!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #2997
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
You walk out on the street, you get shot.

Next door, there's someone getting raped.

Across the street, someone is getting murdered.

What's next??
Next I would move out of Chicago south side
Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #2998
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nearly two dozen refugees who walked across the Canada-U.S. border over the weekend have officials in one border-town community worried about whether they can keep up with the trend that only seems to be growing.
"This is right off the scale for us," said Doug Johnston, a councillor for the rural municipality of Emerson-Franklin in southern Manitoba.
RCMP confirmed 22 people crossed the border in the Emerson area on the weekend from Noyce, Minn., more than Johnston said he has ever seen in such a short timespan. Last week, another 10 refugee claimant files were opened, said Rita Chahal, executive director of the Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...970089?cmp=rss

I think we are going to need a wall. Can we get Trump to pay for it?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #2999
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Remember when the Canadian government was concerned about brain drain? I think we may see a reversal with this USA administration.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #3000
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Scrap DeVos, give the job to...

Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers