Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2023, 09:53 AM   #241
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
This is why I want the flames to trade tanev, hanifin and lindholm sooner than later. I truly believe if they sent those three out now that flames could challenge San Jose for that third overall pick. Having the third overall pick would be the biggest asset we could get for trading those guys.
The problem with sooner is most teams don't have the cap space until you get closer to the deadline.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:54 AM   #242
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I think people are starting to sleep on Eiserman a bit. 6' 200lbs with mitts of absolute silk. Plays a heavy game and has an absolute rocket shot. This kid is going to be dominant year 1 in NHL.
I know I’m a fool for wanting to steer away from Americans, but I really am. If he’s the BPA I obviously select him but if it’s between him and Lindstrom I’d lean towards Lindstrom. I want a guy here for a decade and a half.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2023, 10:27 AM   #243
Royle9
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Who's sleeping on Eiserman?

I think Mackling is #1 just for his pure offensive IQ, he's a playmaker who can also score goals where as Eiserman is for sure the #1 pure goal scoring threat with a huge frame.

Personally I'd be happy with either of them, the Flames need both.

How did Eiserman not get invited to team USA's WJHC camp this year??

Last edited by Royle9; 12-15-2023 at 10:33 AM.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 11:18 AM   #244
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eisermans great, so is Demidov. But the Flames need to draft another Sean Monahan if they're going to be picking in the top 10 if the have the chance to. Give me the center every single time.

Honestly, come draft day I'm just setting myself up for disappointment because Lindstrom isn't going to be there unless the Flames pick at 2.
.there's something really special about a 6'5 puckhandling speedster.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:45 PM   #245
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
A gift from Upside Hockey

#2024NHLdraft Pre-Christmas Rankings:

E-Mac's back with our quintessential #NHLdraft rankings in our unique spreadsheet format.

Celebrini continues to leads the way...

But we have some risers...
(cough, Cayden Lindstrom, cough - big surprise lol)

Intro:

"This is our December update to our patented quintessential spreadsheet format, composed by the incomparable Chief of Scouting, E-Mac. Check out the many tabs/sheets (subjects along the bottom) of this spreadsheet. Watch for features to be added and expanded upon as the season unfolds.

The big mover from our preseason rankings has been creating a buzz in hockey circles - Cayden Lindstrom. The 6'3 centre is lighting up the WHL this season. Defenseman Anton Silayev has also moved up to the top 5. Defenseman Zeev Buium is another big mover, having moved up from 29th to the top 10.

For this edition, you will notice additional tabs for prospects < 5'11 as well as for overage prospects, that is, having gone through at least 1 year of eligibility.
For optimal viewing, you can open up the spreadsheet rankings to a separate page by clicking the icon in the upper right-hand corner. Please enjoy and, as always, we appreciate any feedback from all of you Upsiders.

Don't just go inside hockey. Don't get caught on the Dark Side. Join us on the Upside.

If you enjoy and would like to have a downloadable version of these extensive rankings, simply buy us a cup of coffee (via KoFi), follow us on Twitter/X @UpsideHockey, drop us your email address, and you'll become an Upside Hockey Insider."

https://bit.ly/upside2024nhldraft
Should note a whopping 367 prospects included in the ultra mega draft spreadsheet (7 rounds plus our watchlist) - yah, you could say it's extensive lol
Old 12-16-2023, 12:03 AM   #246
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Would love for the flames to get one of Cellebrini, Eiserman or Lindstrom. If they don’t get one of them and end up picking from one of the highly ranked defensemen… I hope they target one with high offence skill, hockey IQ and skating. We’ve seen the impact those kind of guys can have for teams (Makar, Hughes, Fox, Josi). It completely changes the way a team can attack up the ice and on powerplays. I’m less excited to see the draft projection for a defenseman that is just considered solid defensively without putting up much for points. Not sure which defenceman in this draft would be ranked highest based on their offensive ability and skating… but that’s who I would be looking for.

Last edited by stemit14; 12-16-2023 at 12:53 AM.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 02:27 AM   #247
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Eisermans great, so is Demidov. But the Flames need to draft another Sean Monahan if they're going to be picking in the top 10 if the have the chance to. Give me the center every single time.

Honestly, come draft day I'm just setting myself up for disappointment because Lindstrom isn't going to be there unless the Flames pick at 2.
.there's something really special about a 6'5 puckhandling speedster.
Unicorn and Bigfoot in one package.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2023, 02:35 AM   #248
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carter Yakemchuk is being ranked anywhere from 13th to 26th, from what I've seen. 6'3", drives play, pushes pace, good skater, very aggressive, and skilled with the puck. He can be a bit of an adventure in his own zone sometimes, but many kids his age have that issue. 35 points (14 goals) in 31 games, to go with 56 PIM. This kid will be a huge riser on draft day, book it.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2023, 03:20 AM   #249
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

The hell with this draft we need to stock pile 2026 un-protected 1st rounders for a shot at Bedard's cousin, scouts are already claiming McKenna might be even better.

Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2023, 08:05 AM   #250
Royle9
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

McKenna is definitely a lock to be the next generational talent, flames would never get so lucky.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 01:45 PM   #251
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

THN rankings:
https://thehockeynews.com/news/ferra...season-top-50-

Observations:
- Eiserman all the way down at 8
- Catton a surprise at #2, with the much talked about Lindstrom at #3.
- 4 wingers in the top 10, and 7 forwards overall. THN basically ignoring how teams actually draft.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 01:47 PM   #252
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Carter Yakemchuk is being ranked anywhere from 13th to 26th, from what I've seen. 6'3", drives play, pushes pace, good skater, very aggressive, and skilled with the puck. He can be a bit of an adventure in his own zone sometimes, but many kids his age have that issue. 35 points (14 goals) in 31 games, to go with 56 PIM. This kid will be a huge riser on draft day, book it.
He always had a weird nose for the net, he has that ability to get shots on the net from the point, I think he was a better forward than DMan.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 01:51 PM   #253
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ferrari has been lower on Eiserman than most for a while. Wrote this about him a couple of months ago:

Quote:
Eiserman is the real head-scratcher. What do you do with a player who has the chance to be one of the best goal-scorers we’ve seen in the draft since Auston Matthews? With a game so incomplete, you question whether he will ever be able to take advantage of the truly special ability he has.

Eiserman is a floater for large stretches of time, and he can be a bit of a lackluster distributor. He is the kind of player who puts his head down and looks to shoot at every chance. He needs to diversify his skill set in a major way.
sounds like Patrik Laine to me.

Was also surprised that Team USA didn't even bother to include him in the WJC preliminary 29 player roster while including 2025 prospect James Hagens (they ultimately cut him, but still).

Really curious about Buium. No idea how big his role is going to be at the WJC (I'd expect 2022 picks like Hutson, Casey and Chesley play heavy minutes), but I wouldn't be shocked if he continued to shoot up in rankings.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #254
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Probably not of interest but interesting (to me) to see where all these players were at the Brick tournament.

Bedard was 10th in scoring in his year. Celebrini was 35th. But you see a hell of a lot of great players spread throughout. Tom Willander (Van) was a ringer that Alberta brought in from Sweden to play, teammate of Yak. These are 10 yr olds.

http://thebrick.wttstats.pointstreak...s&position=all
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #255
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
THN rankings:
https://thehockeynews.com/news/ferra...season-top-50-

Observations:
- Eiserman all the way down at 8
- Catton a surprise at #2, with the much talked about Lindstrom at #3.
- 4 wingers in the top 10, and 7 forwards overall. THN basically ignoring how teams actually draft.
I appreciate their approach of just doing an honest perspective. This draft is shaping up to be a very defense heavy 1st round where the wingers will suffer drops and centers will get a pretty big bump because there are so few.

Cade Lindstrom is a real unicorn in this draft though. The speed with the size and skillet are insane. And I think after some development he will become the play driver that review knocks him on.

I imagine some tutoring with a Kadri like player would be a massive asset.

Just need the Flames to pull put a lottery W . I'd hate to see that player on any other team other than the Flames.

Last edited by dammage79; 12-21-2023 at 06:34 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 02:20 PM   #256
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I appreciate their approach of just doing an honest perspective. This draft is shaping up to be a very defense heavy 1st round where the wingers will suffer drops and centers will get a pretty big bump because there are so few.

Cade Lindstrom though is a real unicorn in this draft though. The speed with the size and skillet are insane. And I think after some development he will become the play driver that review knocks him on.

I imagine some tutoring with a Kadri like player would be a massive asset.

Just need the Flames to pull put a lottery W . I'd hate to see that player on any other team other than the Flames.
I think if they get top 5 or 6, they will have some pretty amazing choices, including potentially Lindstrom.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 02:40 PM   #257
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just watched some highlights of Lindstrom. Definitely looks like a great player to build around if he can translate his game to the NHL. Looks like he plays at a very fast pace which is great to see. Looks like he uses a very short stick for his size which helps with his quick hands in tight.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2023, 06:30 PM   #258
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.nhl.com/news/tij-iginla-...prospects-game

Quote:
Iginla (6-foot, 186 pounds), a forward with Kelowna of the WHL, has 42 points (25 goals, 17 assists) in 32 games. The 17-year-old is second on Kelowna in scoring and sixth among WHL players in goals.

"He's a dynamic offensive player and has speed and quickness that makes a difference and possesses natural offensive instincts and finishing ability," Central Scouting vice president Dan Marr said. "He's a player you can't keep your eyes off when he's on the ice."

Iginla is one of 14 players participating in the game who received an A rating from Central Scouting in its November players to watch list.
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:15 PM   #259
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

...it's wild seeing Iginla getting slated right around where the Flames will undoubtedly be drafting.

It'd be something.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:19 PM   #260
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
...it's wild seeing Iginla getting slated right around where the Flames will undoubtedly be drafting.

It'd be something.
Right around where the Oilers will be drafting as well. If they are drafting before the Flames around that same range and Iginla is available, they will take him because it would be such an Edmonton thing to do.

Tags
2024 nhl draft , nhl draft