Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2023, 09:41 PM   #2401
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://thenarwhal.ca/bc-hydro-site-c-data-error/
So, as if it wasn’t already clear. The real reasons for forever destroying one of the most precious ecosystems in the world, right in our back door? Money. Not for the residents or citizens em masse, no no no. Motherfuxking criminals by a different name.

#### the BC liberals, with every fibre I can muster I wish Gordon Cantfuk and his assclown successor Christie #### painful death. The spineless NDP that refuses to do the right thing be damned as well.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:42 PM   #2402
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I figure this might be a good enough place to post this video but it shows how a murderer escaped from a Pennsylvania jail and apparently this isn't the first time that same technique was used for an escape. Also, he has been on the run for 7 days now which is impressive on it's own.

calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:25 PM   #2403
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is 3 months old, so not sure why it was a recommended news story on CBCs website now, but man this guy is a creep. Really just disgusting and one more reason to add to the list to not post photos online.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2238961219590

The news story mentions that he posted disturbing content on Quora, so I checked it out, and yeah, just disgusting stuff.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:40 AM   #2404
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

India sounds like a wonderful place

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...u-temple-event

Quote:
Muslim man lynched in India ‘for taking a banana’ at Hindu temple event
Mob ties the 22-year-old to a pole and beats him to death over allegations he stole ‘prasad’ or religious offering.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:23 PM   #2405
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Green funeral home decides to get head start by storing bodies at room temperature. Nightmare fuel for all involved. Globe link.

Quote:
The awful smell seeped from a neglected building in a small Colorado town for days, followed by a report that made police take a closer look at the “green” funeral operator’s storage facility. Inside, they made a gruesome discovery: At least 115 decaying bodies.

Last edited by flylock shox; 10-06-2023 at 10:27 PM.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:57 AM   #2406
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A Toronto-based power corporation says it's halting its proposal for an eastern Ontario battery storage facility after facing intense local pushback — including someone uttering a death threat during an open house.
Quote:
Jonathan Sandler, the company's president, told CBC that as soon as he opened his mouth at that meeting, someone interrupted and "basically said, 'Get the eff out of here. We don't want you in our township.'"

The company never got through its full presentation due to screaming, cursing and other behaviour that was "way beyond reasonable," Sandler said.
Quote:
"If you scream the loudest, then you get to make the decisions."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ower-1.7047393

Stupid people are now ruining everything. This is why we can't have...things.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2023, 08:55 AM   #2407
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
An eight-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding on her wedding night after marrying a man five times her age, a social activist and two local residents said, in a case that has caused an outcry in the media and revived debate about child brides.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...e-dies-wedding

I just don't even have the words for this.....
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:57 AM   #2408
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ower-1.7047393

Stupid people are now ruining everything. This is why we can't have...things.
Just outright stupidity. This isn't polluting or dangerous, what reason is there to reject this other than ideological "fight the eco's". Then council takes things further and outright bans battery storage?!?!?!? Wtf even is this timeline anymore. A company was literally willing to increase your tax income, and not only do you push them away, you ban any other company that may want to do the same.

Hell, I wouldn't even include this in the push for eco, this is just storage of whatever is creating the energy in the system. It doesn't care what the source is.

"Someone better call the feds 'cause someone is going to die here." How did we get to the point that people like this feel validated enough to act out in this manner?

Last edited by BlackArcher101; 12-04-2023 at 11:00 AM.
BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 11:11 AM   #2409
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Just outright stupidity. This isn't polluting or dangerous, what reason is there to reject this other than ideological "fight the eco's". Then council takes things further and outright bans battery storage?!?!?!? Wtf even is this timeline anymore. A company was literally willing to increase your tax income, and not only do you push them away, you ban any other company that may want to do the same.

Hell, I wouldn't even include this in the push for eco, this is just storage of whatever is creating the energy in the system. It doesn't care what the source is.

"Someone better call the feds 'cause someone is going to die here." How did we get to the point that people like this feel validated enough to act out in this manner?
We've permitted them to be like this long enough, and politicians have pandered to them doing this (hello, Freedom Convoy gladhanders) that they now firmly believe this is how you get things done. And they appear to be right. This is what happens when you don't shut down nonsense bull#### immediately. Welcome to the new society, quite a bit worse than before.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:46 PM   #2410
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Misanthropy is looking more and more attractive, daily.

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 12:58 PM   #2411
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Misanthropy is looking more and more attractive, daily.
Ha ha, no doubt. Switching from portrait to landscape halfway through the recording? I just don't understand humanity anymore.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2023, 03:17 PM   #2412
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

two 12 year old girls jumped an unsuspecting mid 50's woman at an LRT station the other day here in Edmonton. she's in critical condition with head injuries.

12 year old kids doing this stuff. I don't get society nowadays.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2023, 03:31 PM   #2413
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
two 12 year old girls jumped an unsuspecting mid 50's woman at an LRT station the other day here in Edmonton. she's in critical condition with head injuries.

12 year old kids doing this stuff. I don't get society nowadays.
Given the time of day, there had to have been people around, and no one intervened against 12-year-old girls?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #2414
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

People often don't intervene. It's been that way for all of time. I never understand why that surprises people. I imagine it's just something in our make-up that wants to preserve our own safety by not getting involved.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2023, 03:59 PM   #2415
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Given the time of day, there had to have been people around, and no one intervened against 12-year-old girls?
Honestly? What are you going to do? Intervene and beat the hell out of a couple of 12-year old girls? Now you're the villain.

Its a lose/lose proposition. All you can really do is call the Cops.

And the worst part is...? Those girls probably know it and are counting on it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 05:07 PM   #2416
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn’t suggest physical intervention. I’d bet if an adult went up and at very least spoke up or get between the girls and the victim they’d back off. Take their photos and say, “I hope you enjoy jail” they’d back off. Do something. Poor woman wsd unconscious. I couldn’t have done nothing. I might have removed those girls off the poor woman. I wouldn’t care that I was touching them.

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 12-05-2023 at 06:33 PM.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2023, 06:56 AM   #2417
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
It was 8:30 at night. probably not a lot of people on the platform at that time.

and what others said, and the fact it doesn't take all that long for 2 people to put the boots to someone, or stab them. By the time people saw what was going on and maybe ran over, it likely was already done.

I don't think some people realize how quickly you can hurt someone badly..
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:54 AM   #2418
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://torontosun.com/news/world/ap...soaring-in-use

Why are people developing apps like this? What good will come of this? Ruin some poor girls lives?
Old 12-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #2419
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post

Why are people developing apps like this? What good will come of this? Ruin some poor girls lives?
What. The. Actual. Fata.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:36 PM   #2420
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post

And why the hell are the platforms even allowing apps like that for their operating systems?
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whynotnow For This Useful Post: