Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #221
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Not stronger. Servers that aren't so lazy and uncaring as some of them are. That waiter that forgot my margarita was VERY UNCARING to not say ONE SORRY to my face. I wasn't mean to him or anything. When I reminded him about it NICELY, he just grabbed it from the bar.

The waiter that overcharged us in another restaurant that I mentioned that was $39.95 a person was too LAZY to compare the menu prices to the check prices.
So servers are uncaring and lazy then? Seems like you've built up stories fore more then a couple of years now, correct? What do you think is the best way to avoid getting these lazy and uncaring servers? Clearly there are places where the servers are doing a good job, why their busy, get such great reviews and so fourth.
flames_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #222
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

Quote:
I have EVERY RIGHT to be entitled since I am the person *HOLDING THE MONEY* that *YOU* WANT. YOU WANT IT, YOU DO THE JOB FOR IT.
Dance Monkeys Dance AHAHAHAHAHAHA Dance for your money
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flames_1987 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #223
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

I miss her already
Old 04-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #224
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your sense of entitlement that servers should all get 20% or more regardless of how crappy they treat you is amazing. If you want that tip, you ****WORK HARD***** for it!!
Nice try. I never said any server should automatically be entitled to 20%. I in fact even went so far as to state that if I get horrid service that I don't tip. I however wouldn't consider a server forgetting my ranch dip or not filling up my coke for the 28th time horrid service. But feel free to misconstrue posts and capatalize letters to get your point across.

FYI, people serving you are in fact people. They are working to make rent and live just like everybody else. They are not your slaves to do your bidding, nor are they unsusceptible to simple mistakes. I can only assume that your employer doesn't hold you to the same level of accountability as you hold the service industry. If they do, I hope it pays a hell of a lot better than minimum wage + gratuities.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #225
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have EVERY RIGHT to be entitled since I am the person *HOLDING THE MONEY* that *YOU* WANT. YOU WANT IT, YOU DO THE JOB FOR IT.
WOW your husband is a lucky man.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #226
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

What we know about Springs1
1. Well if anything, the upstanding reputation of Chilli's, Outback Steakhouse, Denny's and Ruby Tuesday's have all taken a beating. She has gone there for years now and the service continues to suck
2. Condiment sides continue to plague the industry as the #1 problem
3. She spent $300 with her husband one night when he ordered an $89 bottle of wine, but also multiple pop refills.

Can you just imagine the look on those poor kids faces working at Chilli's when they see her come in? And yes, I picture her looking a lot like Ben Stiller's character at the end of Dodgeball. "Fuc*ing Chilli's Server"
Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #227
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_1987 View Post
What we know about Springs1
1. Well if anything, the upstanding reputation of Chilli's, Outback Steakhouse, Denny's and Ruby Tuesday's have all taken a beating. She has gone there for years now and the service continues to suck
2. Condiment sides continue to plague the industry as the #1 problem
3. She spent $300 with her husband one night when he ordered an $89 bottle of wine, but also multiple pop refills.

Can you just imagine the look on those poor kids faces working at Chilli's when they see her come in? And yes, I picture her looking a lot like Ben Stiller's character at the end of Dodgeball. "Fuc*ing Chilli's Server"
We also know, that based on that list of restaurants, that she is a fine dining diva.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #228
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am a 0% if the service is poor. If it is good or what I expect, then 15% it goes up as the service increases.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #229
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a way better time making fun of ######ed servers instead of getting angry about it. I dread going to supper with a Springs type person, they make the experience so embarassing with the constant complaining and whining to the staff.

I usually tip 15-20%.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #230
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

I tip 15% because I feel socially pressured to do so, and not for any other reason.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #231
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have found it's rare that I get a bad server, probably from treating them on the level, and saying things that attempts to bring out the best in them. As for how much I tip, it is somewhere between 15 and 20%, with the average being about 18%.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #232
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think this thread should be locked until Springs signs back on.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #233
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

I'm just glad Lanny_Mcdonald finally came back to CP in the form of Springs
Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #234
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not too often the wrong food, but it has happened a bunch of times over the years.

The main thing I have just about more or less constantly is the missing condiments like ordering a side of ranch, the appetizer I ordered it with it isn't there or the entree that I ordered, the condiments aren't there either it was brought out by another server or our server.

I would say condiments is the NUMBER ONE issue I have of ALL things messed up with my food. I order even just ONE side of ranch with an appetizer, I would say 8 times out of 10, it's not there.
Your problem is that you are modifying meals. If you would just order of the menu without all of your extra requesrs your meal would come out fine.

There is nothing more annoying than modifyers. The menu is built so that it tastes good as written. You dont need to kill all your flavour with ranch or bbq sauce. Unless you are allergic to something you shouldnt modify it. And if you do you shouldnt be upset when it doesnt come out specificaly as you requested. Also you dont get to decide how your fries are done. Fries are cooked in large batches for everyone. So for your request of raw fries you make 3 or 4 other peoples meals less appatizing. Sides should come out as specified by the restaurant not one picky customer.

I hope your employer makes you dance for your money and is extremely intolerant of any mistakes you make
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #235
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This in particular was an amazing post.

Springs1, do you not find it strange that you personally seem to receive, by far, worse service than any of the other 1.2 million people in Calgary? Do you not think that it may be time to reconsider your expectations?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #236
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My god this kind of attitude is annoying.

You are entitled to:
-not be purposefully misled
-not be at risk medically or fiscally
-receive reasonable return for your money
-you are entitled to tell other people if you have a bad or good experience.

That's it. You are not entitled to an apology because you didn't get your margarita on your schedule. Did you think maybe the waiter wasn't being lazy, but maybe you are NOT the only freaking person in the restaurant?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #237
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

The consumer attitude of "you want my money, so do what I want" is a terrible one for most businesses to give in to.

Identify your customer and treat them well. Identify those people who are NOT your customers and don't waste your time trying to placate them.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #238
Springs1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Your problem is that you are modifying meals. If you would just order of the menu without all of your extra requesrs your meal would come out fine.
Actually, that's just not true. We have had times when my husband's meal came out wrong or sometimes even completely wrong, which he orders his meals as they come.

Quote:
There is nothing more annoying than modifyers.
You are SHOWING your LAZINESS I see.

Quote:
The menu is built so that it tastes good as written.
That's certain people's opinions, certainly NOT everyone's opinion.

Quote:
You dont need to kill all your flavour with ranch or bbq sauce.
I am not killing the flavor, I am making it taste worth eating with those sauces. I go especially sometimes just for a restaurant's condiments.

Quote:
Unless you are allergic to something you shouldnt modify it.
So me liking the taste shouldn't matter? WTH????? I am ******PAYING******* for the food and the SERVICE, so I should get it the way *********I******** PERSONALLY WANT IT.

Quote:
And if you do you shouldnt be upset when it doesnt come out specificaly as you requested.
If I am willing to **********PAY********* for the service, WHY NOT? That's why we tip our service, for them to serve *US* on an INDIVIDUAL LEVEL that's why they get an INDIVIDUAL TIP, DUHHH!!

They are to serve *US*, NOT others when they serve.

So you should be happy with your food with the taste, but I can't? WTH?? That's not fair is it and you know it?

Quote:
Also you dont get to decide how your fries are done. Fries are cooked in large batches for everyone. So for your request of raw fries you make 3 or 4 other peoples meals less appatizing.
Actually, you are 100% wrong. Just as you get to request your steak cooked *YOUR* way, I get to do the same for *ANYTHING* else I choose to order. I order my bacon extra crispy as well when I order bacon.

If *MY* MONEY IS ******PAYING FOR THE ********SERVICE*******, I can order it the way I want to. I am paying for the service to get it *MY* way. MY MONEY GIVES ME THAT RIGHT. Hell, I can even go into McDonald's and have my fries without salt(I have before) for NO TIP even. That's how ridiculous you sound.

It doesn't matter how fries are cooked in batches. They do a SEPARATE batch just for me as how it should be just like when they cook your steak SEPARATE just for you.

As far as others, the cooks should be cooking their fries in one batch SEPARATE from mine. I am not altering their fries. It's the cook's decision to do what's right by cooking them separately.

Quote:
Sides should come out as specified by the restaurant not one picky customer.
NO, because the picky customer is *******PAYING FOR THE SERVICE******** and the FOOD, so just like at Wendy's when you can pick the side you want in your combo, you can do the same at a restaurant, because you are paying for the FOOD.

Last edited by Springs1; 04-09-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #239
Springs1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
That's it. You are not entitled to an apology because you didn't get your margarita on your schedule. Did you think maybe the waiter wasn't being lazy, but maybe you are NOT the only freaking person in the restaurant?
Did you ever think that he would have gotten 15% at least instead of 12%(which is A LOT on a $293 check) if he would have been *NICE*, huh?

See, when you are mean, we will be just as mean back to you. You want my money, you be *NICE*. WHY do you feel someone is owed a good tip to be mean, huh?

So the waiter messed up, by apologizing makes it a lot better and be able to forgive. By not apologizing means NO FORGIVENESS WHAT-SO-EVER. So 3 seconds of saying "I'm sorry" you mean to tell me you wouldn't do to save your tip even if you don't mean it? Any server would be an idiot not to apologize for their tip.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #240
Notorious Honey Badger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I suspect that Springs1's husband shows up to work with blackeyes he has to make up excuses for.
Notorious Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Notorious Honey Badger For This Useful Post: