Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > Archives
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #221
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i mean it's not a huge deal for me, but we know there's a wide range of skill levels
Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #222
Conman57
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Announced at gamescon: NHL 13 demo out on August 21!

2 skill level leagues (ex: average players and hardcore players) would nice but I don't think that there would be enough people per league if we also has sim leagues. It would also be hard to judge who should be in which league. I agree that we need a sim league and a playing league, if we mix them the simmers just won't play their games and say that they were busy or something.

I'm on my phone but I'll try to keep the spelling mistakes to a minimum, sorry if I miss any!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #223
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would be interested in being in the Sim-only league on the 360, but would like to know what sort of realistic time commitment would be required. Being the typical guy with a wife/kids I will only get 5 - 8 hours a week in at best.

I just don't want to be "that guy" who screws up the entire league because he isn't around for 2 - 3 days at a time.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #224
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
I would be interested in being in the Sim-only league on the 360, but would like to know what sort of realistic time commitment would be required. Being the typical guy with a wife/kids I will only get 5 - 8 hours a week in at best.

I just don't want to be "that guy" who screws up the entire league because he isn't around for 2 - 3 days at a time.
Simming takes up about 3 minutes of your time. You'll be fine.

PM me if you need a new Sig! 100 percent free of charge!
I got the moves like Miikka, I got the moves like Miikka
Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #225
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
By the way the conversation in here is going, I'm starting to think there won't be a single league on both systems but rather several on each. I never even realized people play the game with sim in mind. I don't think the "100% sim" and the "no sim if it's avoidable" camps will be able to reach an agreement.

My ideal league has people making an honest effort to play their games, but if it looks like they won't be able to reach an agreement in their schedules, then a sim takes place.

I'm guessing about half of the people currently signed up on each system feel differently, so at some point we should probably consider each system having a full sim league and a play league. While that seems like it wouldn't be ideal, I've heard from people that play in similar Madden leagues that once too many players get involved things can get muddled easily. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise and keeping the man numbers in each league down a bit will keep things moving along.
Good points. I think the "100% sim" and the "no sim if it's avoidable" parties should prepare their proposals and come to an agreement before the September 11, 2012 deadline. Both sides seem to have alternative views, but in the end everyone just wants to play hockey. I think we can make it work.

=)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #226
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

UPDATES FOR NHL 13

DEMO RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 21ST, 2012
Use this to get acclamated to the game. I believe we are starting right on the 11th, Joborule correct me if I'm wrong.

TOP PLAYERS ARE
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-game/page/1

How in the bloody hell is Price higher than Kipper? If anything, they should be equal. I'm assuming Kipper will be a 89 again. Would be total BS if he wasn't. 88 is as low as I'll accept, EA.

NHL 13 TRUE PERFORMANCE SKATING TUTORIAL:

The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingDonutz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #227
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I'm not usually a stickler for issues like this, but I'm having trouble getting past the how the puck looks when the player is going full tilt. He seems to constantly bump it only to have it suck back towards him. It looks incredibly odd even on the standard camera. Usually I don't notice these issues because you have to use a closer camera to see them, but that one is quite obvious. Perhaps the video was just made a while ago...
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #228
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I'm not usually a stickler for issues like this, but I'm having trouble getting past the how the puck looks when the player is going full tilt. He seems to constantly bump it only to have it suck back towards him. It looks incredibly odd even on the standard camera. Usually I don't notice these issues because you have to use a closer camera to see them, but that one is quite obvious. Perhaps the video was just made a while ago...
It's an illusion. The puck isn't "sucking" back towards him, after he pushes it, the puck slows down while he is still moving at a constant speed. Also, the camera angle doesn't help much either.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #229
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

nm, just realized this isn't the general nhl 13 discussion thread. Sorry for the derailment.

Last edited by Russic; 08-15-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #230
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDonutz View Post
UPDATES FOR NHL 13

DEMO RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 21ST, 2012
Use this to get acclamated to the game. I believe we are starting right on the 11th, Joborule correct me if I'm wrong.

TOP PLAYERS ARE
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-game/page/1

How in the bloody hell is Price higher than Kipper? If anything, they should be equal. I'm assuming Kipper will be a 89 again. Would be total BS if he wasn't. 88 is as low as I'll accept, EA.

NHL 13 TRUE PERFORMANCE SKATING TUTORIAL:

I think it be better if we started a few days after the release date. Give everyone a few days to go pick up the game, just in case some can't get it on release date.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #231
slybomb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

i would like to play (Xbox 360)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #232
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Has a date been decided for when we are starting or picking teams? Pretty excited for this!!!
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #233
Fransken
Farm Team Player

Exp:

All team ratings has been released, discuss them please! Spontaneously I feel that Letang (90) and Phaneuf (88) along with Canucks first defensive pairing is a bit overrated with a 90 rating above the likes of Weber (89) and Suter (88). Iginla, Kipper, N. Bäckström and Pitkanen was a few I recall should have a point or two higher ratings.

Western Conference:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3847--nhl.html

Eastern Conference:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9401--nhl.html
Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #234
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransken View Post
All team ratings has been released, discuss them please! Spontaneously I feel that Letang (90) and Phaneuf (88) along with Canucks first defensive pairing is a bit overrated with a 90 rating above the likes of Weber (89) and Suter (88). Iginla, Kipper, N. Bäckström and Pitkanen was a few I recall should have a point or two higher ratings.

Western Conference:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3847--nhl.html

Eastern Conference:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9401--nhl.html
The game is made in Vancouver, with the lead producer being a huge Canuck fan-boy. Are you really that surprised that they inflate Canuck player ratings?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #235
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
The game is made in Vancouver, with the lead producer being a huge Canuck fan-boy. Are you really that surprised that they inflate Canuck player ratings?
To be honest though EA hires professional scouts and get their input for player ratings. Otherwise it would be challenging for them to form opinions on all NHL teams along with the AHL, CHL, and Euro leagues.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #236
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
To be honest though EA hires professional scouts and get their input for player ratings. Otherwise it would be challenging for them to form opinions on all NHL teams along with the AHL, CHL, and Euro leagues.
Local scouts, right?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #237
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
Local scouts, right?
Least we forget that in the media eyes, and in all honesty the Canucks are a fairly talented team. So they should be having high rated players across here and there. And these overall are based on position and the skills applied to it.

While Luongo at 89 is disputable, he has been able to get results in the regular season. It's when it comes to pressure games that he can faulter.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #238
Conman57
Farm Team Player

Exp:

The toronto ratings are really messed up, Phaneuf is an 88. Grabovski is the same level as Connelly along with almost all of their centers.

Most teams seem to have weird ratings though.

I'm on my phone but I'll try to keep the spelling mistakes to a minimum, sorry if I miss any!

Last edited by Conman57; 08-18-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #239
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hey Jobo,

I'm actually on 360 not play station.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #240
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ahhhh Those ratings are really stupid. Kipper finished with better stats than every goalie above him besides the Vezina finalists.

Closed Thread

Tags
connected gm , ea sports , nhl 13 , online dynasty , video game