Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #2341
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i thought most frames have alifetime warranty?

personally i would not be into buying a ladies frame for me, mostly becasue i am a big boy.

also if you bent a chainstay, would you not be nervous on a ladies rig?

also, do you really want to be ripping up the trail at merlin, and then somone says - you dude, that is a chicks rigs your ridin'.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #2342
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Frames are usually warranty protected from failure, but not crashes. Most companys have a crash replacement program, but it ends up being around 50% off a new frame. Not enough incentive for me to lose a summer month by waiting for the claim to go through.

The frame (from what I can tell), is identical to the guys 5010 frame except for the paint and flower decals. The social aspect is the reason I haven't clicked "add to cart" yet. It's almost like Bubba Watson's pink shaft... but I can't ride like he can hit a ball. But only a grand USD for a VPP frame, I can ride it through the summer and ditch it when the winter sales start.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #2343
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Juli Furtado was a badass, I bet her bike frames are strong as hell.

Had a Blur LT back in the day, got rid of it because I hated how low the bottom bracket was. Bashed it on everything.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #2344
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have an old Rockhopper (I bought it when I was 16) that could really use a good once over by a bike mechanic to bring it up to its best again. Are there any bike shops in town that are more recommend than others for tune ups?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #2345
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ i would just take it to your nearest/most convienent shop becasue the reality is that someone will recommend a shop as being good to deal with and someone else will say they had a horrible expereince there.

personally i go to cyclepath on macleod trail and 90th.

whatever shop you go to, phone them first as you may have to make an apptment to drop your rig off
Old 07-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #2346
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ A personal friend owns Pedalhead down by Canyon Meadows theatre. I'm sure being able to work on an older bike would be fun for him.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #2347
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I have an old Rockhopper (I bought it when I was 16) that could really use a good once over by a bike mechanic to bring it up to its best again. Are there any bike shops in town that are more recommend than others for tune ups?
You're close to Ridley's.

I've taken my bike there a lot, and my experience has gone from thinking their service is "really good" to lately thinking it's "excellent".
Old 07-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #2348
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

just don't take it to the Bike Shop
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #2349
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else in Penticton this weekend for the Granfondo?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 07-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #2350
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, just booked an appointment.

And yeah, Im no bike expert, but even I know you don't do business with the Bike Shop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #2351
arcfyr
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Any particular reason why people don't like The Bike Shop? Just curious, since they're just across the tracks from my workplace.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #2352
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcfyr View Post
Any particular reason why people don't like The Bike Shop? Just curious, since they're just across the tracks from my workplace.

I went by the Bike Shop after dealing with some snobby place down the street. The guys working were helpful on that shift. I may go back to buy a raised handlebar.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #2353
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've bought a few bikes there, and the only problem I ever had was dealing with one snooty mechanic who was trying to prove herself. Haven't seen her there in awhile. The owner has been very nice and more than fair with prices. Warranty work was handled well. I've refereed several co-workers as well, never heard a complaint from them. So I'm not sure what the issue is either...
Old 07-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #2354
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Anyone else in Penticton this weekend for the Granfondo?
Not me did it last year. Fak was it hot. Was on record pace for myself until I cramped up at the km 115 feed zone. My last 45km equaled my first 115 km. word of advice. Take your own electrolytes. They just used Gatorade last year.
The Following User Says Thank You to bossy22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #2355
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm neutral on the bike shop. Decent service side, sub-par sales side. You will have better luck finding the Wobbly-H thread than a salesperson who doesn't brush you off when you are looking at an $8k bike.

Ridley's kicks ass. I had them build me a wheelset last month (Stan's Arch laced to Hope Evo II). I checked the tensions when I got home. Less than 5% variance throughout. The wrenches that work there are all-stars.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:15 AM   #2356
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I've bought a few bikes there, and the only problem I ever had was dealing with one snooty mechanic who was trying to prove herself. Haven't seen her there in awhile. The owner has been very nice and more than fair with prices. Warranty work was handled well. I've refereed several co-workers as well, never heard a complaint from them. So I'm not sure what the issue is either...
had a replacement issue for a Rocky Mtn. Apparently 5 different people couldnt figure out from 5 different phone calls that I didnt care if I had to pay for it, I just wanted it replaced. I refuse to deal with stupid.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #2357
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I've had no issues with the Bike Shop either. I ran into some tire/tube issues on my commute into work. I rode over at lunch and the mechanic got me in right away and fixed me up in about 20 minutes and I've had a dream commute every day since.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #2358
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

17 this morning when i left the house at 6.20......i could really get used to this
Old 07-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #2359
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that was nice, usually leaving around 6am I'm still having to wear a jacket. Not today.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #2360
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I'm racing 24 hours next weekend, and convinced it will be my first and last.

I don't really feel like shelling out a couple hundred bucks for lighting.

Anyone on here have some decent trail lights they want to rent out for some combo of beer and money?
Closed Thread