Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #201
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am really undecided at this point and don't think any one of the reasons given are head and shoulders above the rest.

I will cast my vote tonight (or in the morning if I forget) on whoever is leading, unless some more compelling reasoning comes forward.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #202
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

I'm still going to stick with squiggs but only because I don't see a better option at this point, and putting votes out there and testing the waters is part of the game.

Baxter's comment about the mafia not voting at all so far is interesting but I think probably not correct. That being said if they are all holding back, that will be something that will be discovered over time. Baxter is on my radar too but not a lot. Inactivity is certainly a valid means of placing votes in the early stage.

Can all of the town agree we will have placed at least one vote by 8:00pm tomorrow, even if it spreads the votes around? That will force the mafia to act by placing votes.

We have time on our side, lets stretch this out until Thursday and then get on to voting someone off unless a more obvious move presents itself. Lets make a record for day one we can use in the days to come.

I'd suggest when voting you give a reason, as a few others have said.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #203
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
We have time on our side, lets stretch this out until Thursday and then get on to voting someone off unless a more obvious move presents itself. Lets make a record for day one we can use in the days to come.
Deadline is Wednesday
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #204
Guest1

I like the idea of everyone placing a vote.
But having to post a reason may be tough this early. I still have no idea to vote for. I was going to vote for hmmhmmcammo because he had lots of m's in his name (m for MAFIA!!!)
But I feel I need something a little more concrete. I have a gut feeling on a couple of people, but is that a good enough reason?
PS Wood: you are looking especially beautiful today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #205
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
Deadline is Wednesday
Hmm where did I get Thursday 10pm? I see Mazrim's most recent post saying Wednesday now...
Old 09-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #206
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

OK it seems I can't read. We have one less day than I thought.

How about we all try to have a vote by noon tomorrow (30th) at the latest building toward a consensus from there?

Puxlut, if you can't come up with a reason, I guess you'd just say so and we all play on from there. Some think that is mafia-like behaviour. In a prior game a player used a random number generator or coin flip and said so, turns out he voted for mafia and we didn't realize it until the end of the game.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #207
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

edit: "near" the end of the game.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #208
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can get behind Delgar with asking all townies to vote at a certain deadline. This may come in handy later in the game. Forcing mafia votes could reveal patterns a number of ways that I dont care to discuss due to the fact that theyre watching.

That being said, If i was a mafioso early in the game, Id be telling my brethren to post BS often, but dont jump into votes. Theyre going to try to slide under the radar, obviously. We need to look at non-voters and late voters at this point. We have much better odds of lynching a mafia right out of the gate by using this psychology.

My vote for Bizaro may have been hasty due to me knowing I wasnt able to check and post often over the weekend. Lynching inactives does make sense, but perhaps not this early in the game. The fact he jumped on me late makes me feel my vote on him has some weight, but Im still leaning towards the non-voters for our first lynch.

-Brett Hull
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #209
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Appreciated Puxlut haha. Now please don't kidnap me

I thought the deadline was tonight, not sure why
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #210
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter Renegade View Post

.................but Im still leaning towards the non-voters for our first lynch.
This is not a bad idea, even if you are mafia . Had squiggs actually voted for bizaro not you, I thought I had you and him figured out. We'll see in a few weeks I guess....

If non-voters/late voters are mostly mafia on day one, maybe its time to target a few non-voters and forge forward. I wouldn't agree none of the mafia has voted, but I would tend to agree that on the mafia thread they weren't encouraging early voting, whereas townies are trolling for info and tossing out votes helps even if you're wrong.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #211
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Agreed on Delgar's idea to have everyone vote by noon tomorrow with explanations. I feel most posters have been pretty good in explaining their choices, but there are a few that are "flying under the radar" (as in still making votes but not really saying why). There has been lots of discussion already, so I'd think that people should be able to form some sort of opinion at this point, even if they feel its a weak one.

My vote is still on squiggs for reasons posted in post 154. I don't really want to re-hash those reasons again here becuase that was a bit of a long-winded post.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #212
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you refer to a post, link it please. So much to keep track of here, just simplifies thinga
Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #213
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry, on my phone so I thought referencing the post number would be easier. Here's a link to my voting post:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=154
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #214
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Not sure deadlines are a good idea. Yesterday we said don't pile on Bizaro so everyone stopped. Mafia just hides. Now we say vote by noon. Mafia will just roll in and vote before noon tomorrow. Things should progress more naturally or else there are no patterns.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #215
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have questions of GGG and his actions so far (as set out here: http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=130), especially the bizaro thing, however, I wouldn't be against changing my vote to bizaro either since if he flips scum, it could confirm my line of thinking.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #216
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is tough at this stage of the game. We do not want to have a hung jury, so I am going to get my vote out there. So what flip will help the town more at this stage?

A squiggs flip could tell us more than a bizaro flip, but I think flipping GGG will tell us either that bizaro is likely mafia, and squiggs is likely town, or that Drury attacked a dissenting townie and no mafia tried to pull the vote off of bizaro.

Vote: GGG
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #217
formulate
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Warning: Potentially over-thought and paranoid post ahead...

Last game, the 8 mafia members were split into 2 rather distinct posting 'types', at least in my mind. There was the highly active and aggressive CaptainCrunch, undercoverbrother, starseed, and bizaro. And then there were the less active DropIt, Completely, CofR and (to a lesser extent) devo.

I began looking closer to see if I could find any correlation between activity level and alignment. I gave up quickly partially because it looks like there was nothing, and also because I saw something more interesting in regards to style.

The 4 less active posters (again, devo to a lesser extent) all had a fairly similar style of posts: pretty empty. What I read were lots of statements of fact, agreements with other ideas, and excuses for not posting more or more in depth. They basically did the bare minimum to not get noticed as the bottom end of the post count.

Now, I know this is likely confirmation bias creeping in, but it's day 1 and I'm struggling for anything concrete. I re-read through this game, looking for similar behavior and I found it:

Vote: Rathji

Take a read, if you wish:
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/search....archid=6488280

While I partially understand him being gun-shy from the last game, there's close to zero actual content there. Thoughts?
formulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #218
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

First of all it must be remembered this is a game of attrition. There are more townies than scum. We are going to lose some good townies throughout this game no doubt but remember the end game is to win.

A very big indicator of mafia posting IMO is sitting on the fence and delaying decisions.

Mafia rarely hunt or hunt under false pretences as they do not want to have the target painted on them. Either through the attacked townie swaying the vote or townie flips can cause suspicion on the original accuser. Mafia don't like that.

They want to direct and steer and let townie lynch townie. But they want to do it without leaving an obvious trail that points towards them.

Some active hunters in past games have seemed very diplomatic in this game and that alone makes me suspicious. The "I have made mistakes in past games" is a convenient excuse. Hey it might be true but...

IMO GGG has been actively hunting is it all Kosher... I can't be sure.
I am not vouching for him but he at least is showing some sand and postulating his suspicions however thin that they are.

Is there a possibility a "new" player is Mafia Scum. Yes I think there is a good possibility.

So in the nature of thin suspicions. I look towards deflectors diplomats and players not wanting to rock the boat.

Inactivity is its own evil but I think that ship has sailed.
Look towards middle post counts and one or two Mafia with higher post counts.
My paranoid suspicions include the following people.

Rathji is a very good player and many of his prior posts were quite detailed and had accusations. He is not really playing that way this time. Is it proof positive? No but it makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

Girly Sports seems very diplomatic and that just might be a feeling out process as a new player.

squiggs96 Is still on my radar I don't know why but he is.

dissentowner great poster I just think he drew the stink card this round and might be mafia.

So after all this is said and I have nothing but rice paper thin suspicions I am going to cast my vote and go with...

Vote: Rathji he aint the same and I got a gut feeling.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #219
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jebus formulate I was busy formatting my rant and you go and get a similar feeling.

Wow
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #220
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get that there were a few votes for me, especially after how I started. If I was mafia I'd have expected other posters in my mafia to tell me how to post and play a lot better. Sadly, pika is still learning how to play and is experiencing a harsher learning curve than he expected.

If the three who currently have their votes on me (Delgar, mrkajz44, dissentowner), then I'd put each of them on my current watch list for mafia. Now for chu's theory: dissentower was the first to ask for everybody to reveal their characters in post #23. In post #40 pika sees Delgar say he isn't sure if we are supposed to. Was he genuinely concerned or is this a red herring? After everyone has revealed except for me, Delgar posts the list which places a lot of heat on me. Chu sees him going from concerned over reveals to posting the full list even though Mazrim said he would. Delgar was the second to vote for me, while many others kept asking where I was. Dissentower read over everything and then said he completely bought bizarro's explanation, but not mine. diss and delgar keep their votes on chu, based basically on my bad start. I see the two of them working together as they have some opposite reactions over the course of the same day, but end up at the exact same conclusion. I'm not sure mrkaj44 is involved with them, but it wouldn't make much sense for all three to be that obvious. No one has defended the lovable pika yet, and you'd expect at least one mafia member to do so if I were mafia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , mafia , super smash brothers , vancouver is no good