Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2023, 01:04 PM   #2141
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
Listening to Slayer after being bombarded with Christmas music.
I went to the Whitechapel, In Flames and Meshuggah show last week, it was just enough to push me through the cacophony of the 7 original Xmas songs done by 50000 artists.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2023, 07:32 PM   #2142
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not a big happy, but today, I'm glad for restaurants and wonton soup after having the "hey silly, the weather is changing!" migraine (that part's a gear grinder lol). It's the only thing that's sitting well, with the amount of nausea that accompanied this one. Thanks, RFK, for helping a girl out tonight.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2023, 10:17 PM   #2143
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I mean some of us use our garages as shops as well. I've got some sweet tools that cut things and stuff, plus some awesome car and truck fixing stuff. So my almost 3 car garage is more like an almost 1.5 car garage.

I pity you simpletons who only do boring things like park lame vehicles in their garage.

My kickass garage makes me happy.
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:32 PM   #2144
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I mean some of us use our garages as shops as well. I've got some sweet tools that cut things and stuff, plus some awesome car and truck fixing stuff. So my almost 3 car garage is more like an almost 1.5 car garage.

I pity you simpletons who only do boring things like park lame vehicles in their garage.

Totally. I have plans to build a second 'shop' on my property. It only needs to fit my truck and then it'll house the tools (and the TV and couch as well). A lift is definitely on the wish list.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:37 PM   #2145
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post

All that plus bikes, camping gear, gardening stuff, and my son’s ‘97 CRX on blocks since last year = zero car* garage for me.

*running car
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:31 AM   #2146
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Be like every Calgarian and fill it with non vehicle stuff to the point where your family still parks both vehicles on the street in -20 because your garage has become a $30k heated storage facility.
This baffles me so much. Walking my kid to school I often get to peek at the inside of garages around our neighborhood, and so many of them are packed with boxes of junk while they have a BMW and/or Land Rover parked out front. Wouldn't it make more sense to store and protect your 2nd most valuable asset inside your 1st most valuable?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:37 AM   #2147
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Be like every Calgarian and fill it with non vehicle stuff to the point where your family still parks both vehicles on the street in -20 because your garage has become a $30k heated storage facility.
I see a lot of this in the summer while riding my bike. Many of those garages are filled with junk or stuff they don't use anymore.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:02 AM   #2148
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

My little girls 6th birthday was yesterday and I read somewhere online or saw a video about how to make a boxed betty crocker cake taste really good. you just sub in butter for oil, add an egg, and use milk instead of water. well holy ####, didnt it make just the most delicious cake ever. i made a home made cream cheese icing with pink food colouring and nailed this thing. so delicious.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:19 AM   #2149
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My garage was filled with a Quarter pipe for the kids until recently, when I got to rip the goddamn thing out. Nice not having to chisel the car every morning.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:27 AM   #2150
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I went to the Whitechapel, In Flames and Meshuggah show last week, it was just enough to push me through the cacophony of the 7 original Xmas songs done by 50000 artists.
Great show and certainly made me happy witnessing it. One of the bigger crowds I've seen for a metal concert at the Grey Eagle in some time.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:35 AM   #2151
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
That show kicked ass.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:43 AM   #2152
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having enough vacation days left over to carry over the maximum and still take plenty of time for the holidays.

See you in January after the 15th..

(I would take more but there are critical work items I need to stay around for.)
Old 12-07-2023, 09:45 AM   #2153
para transit fellow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It took months and months of extra waiting but the Infrastructure Canada grant application i made in April 2022 is actually in the bank. Now i get to purchase some
new wheelchair accessible vans.

For the grant- writing wonks: 20/80 matching grant for capital equipment. We buy one vehicle and the grant covers purchase of four more vehicles.
para transit fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to para transit fellow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:52 AM   #2154
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
My garage was filled with a Quarter pipe for the kids until recently, when I got to rip the goddamn thing out. Nice not having to chisel the car every morning.
Holy crap, sick dude. Good dadding.

A few years ago I gave my kids the option of building a half-pipe in the backyard or getting a trampoline (my yard is kinda small, so there isn't room for both). They went trampoline and it broke my heart. Would have been so cool to see them back there skateboarding and slurping on slurpees.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:54 AM   #2155
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

This might be a dumb one, but I saw my neighbors van across the street from my house get hit by a school bus a few minutes ago. Saw it all happen live from my office window. Watched the school bus sit there for a few seconds then drive off. Jackass. Reviewed my doorbell footage and I have the entire sequence on video clearly showing the van's bumper intact, bus hits it, drive off, and bumper ripped off.

Made a note to leave on the neighbors van, only to see the bus driver already there leaving a note and some chocolates on the windshield. She told me it was very clearly an accident and she drove away to not block the road, and that she went around the block and pointed out she was now parked up the street. Saw her bus parked about 100m away. Said she already called her dispatch, insurance, and incident department.

I dunno, it just RMMH to know that in a world where probably most of us who have a vehicle have at some time or another suffered from another car damaging our vehicle, only to drive away and left us with the bill. To see this woman try to make it right was pretty nice to see. Yesterday as I was jogging down this street I noticed that pretty much every house now has a doorbell cam, so I'm sure she knew there was no chance it wasn't recorded. Still, nice to see someone take responsibility for their actions and try to make it right.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 10:02 AM   #2156
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
That show kicked ass.
omg guys I was there, too! I was the guy dressed in black.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:28 PM   #2157
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I’m very happy for my cousin. She’s the girl in the awesome Lana Del Rey shirt sitting with Santa. She’s a great, smart kid, which is surprising for my family.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video/c28...hop-with-a-cop
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2023, 03:42 PM   #2158
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
Listening to Slayer after being bombarded with Christmas music.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2023, 08:55 PM   #2159
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

trying a new recipe for dinner tonight and both kids LOVED it and want the leftovers for lunch tomorrow at school!

Spoiler!
Old 12-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #2160
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
My little girls 6th birthday was yesterday and I read somewhere online or saw a video about how to make a boxed betty crocker cake taste really good. you just sub in butter for oil, add an egg, and use milk instead of water. well holy ####, didnt it make just the most delicious cake ever. i made a home made cream cheese icing with pink food colouring and nailed this thing. so delicious.
Right, but at that point you're like 80% of the way to just making a cake from scratch.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote