Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #2121
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I think I'm ready for hard mode! Finished the raid in under 2 hours yesterday night. Didn't get much out of the deal though. Just new arms and cloak for my hunter. Also I was the only one without a Black Spindle The DPS was ridiculous with 5 BS though. Both the Warpriest and Golgoroth were down to 5% after two rounds. I bet if I had a BS, Warpriest would be down in 2. Golgoroth would still be tough though. I was delegated to thrall duty lol.
No one should be without black spindle, its just too over powered not to have. Next time the daily rolls around we need to go through the rounds of getting it done for everyone. Warpriest melts when everyone is headshotting without reloading.

Got my touch of malice also, I'm at 304 and have 3 lvl 40 Titans. Will have my exotic sword next "armsday" what a pain it is to wait a week after missing it last week by a day.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #2122
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm up to 303 light on my hunter, with lots of raid weapons featuring extra taken damage. I think I'm ready to attempt black spindle again, next time it comes around.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #2123
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I would be more then willing to swallow my pride, and accept help next time the spindle mission comes around
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #2124
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I would be more then willing to swallow my pride, and accept help next time the spindle mission comes around
I haven't received the spindle so I am willing to help.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #2125
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Im pretty much at the point where the only thing I have to do is finish my exotic sword quest line (stupid armsday) and farm 310 exotics to infuse into my gear to slowly make my way to 310.

C'mon Bungie lets gets some hard mode chat going.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:04 AM   #2126
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been working on my Trials/IB setup. It'll be interesting with the first week with how everything works out and what people will be able to put together in terms of gear.

In the spirit of Trials, played Elimination last night. Had a number of 1v3 moments, including when I was on the Planet Destiny Stream.

Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #2127
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, stayed up last night attempting Oryx again and could not down him. Now I'm paying today with way less sleep than I would like. Got him below 10% at least a few times, but the other side could not deal with their ogres consistently, so we had trouble getting all four bombs every round.

It's so frustrating because I've been so close so many times. I don't play too often, so I almost always use LFG to get a raid going, and it seems getting 6 random people to work together is near impossible. I guess the victory will be sweet when it happens, but man, its was a bitter pill to swallow last night.

/rant
Old 10-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #2128
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Been working on my Trials/IB setup. It'll be interesting with the first week with how everything works out and what people will be able to put together in terms of gear.

In the spirit of Trials, played Elimination last night. Had a number of 1v3 moments, including when I was on the Planet Destiny Stream.

Nice!

That Titan Hammer though.......nerf time I think.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2129
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked up the Eirene RR4 with LiTC and Zen Moment yesterday.

I feel dirty for doing it, as it isn't too far removed from Last Round snipers, but it had to be done.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 10-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #2130
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I just noticed that somehow my 2 best sniper rifles (defiance of yasmin and 1000 yard stare) have firefly perk on it. Can't believe how lucky I was able to roll both snipers that way.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #2131
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

It took three weeks, but my titan (who is my main) is officially no longer a blueberry! I've been running with blue 299 boots on my titan since week one. Nothing good enough has dropped for him since... until yesterday when Oryx dropped me some boots. ####### took my mouldering shards but only gave me one drop though.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #2132
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post

This is why i ask you to carry me in IB
Old 10-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #2133
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Don't forget Trials too
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #2134
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Max, here's the video of our raid yesterday (just the deathsinger daughters). We were insanely clutch in taking both sisters down. Like down to the second lol. Share this video with your friends if you like.

at the 1hr:36 mark

Last edited by TheyCallMeBruce; 10-09-2015 at 08:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #2135
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did the raid last night in 75 mins. Pretty efficient!

On Warpriest I was the last one alive on my fire team and still managed to clutch it out and kill him which was pretty fun.

Ended up getting the raid fusion rifle, two auto rifles, gloves, ghost shell, cloak. Pretty solid haul and I'm happy about it.

For the fail of the day though......went to do the sunless cell strike to get my exotic sword, and was able to get all the way through it to the end. We didn't read the quest closely enough, and killed Alak-Hul before we killed the Knights. FAIL.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #2136
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
Don't forget Trials too
Old 10-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #2137
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
For the fail of the day though......went to do the sunless cell strike to get my exotic sword, and was able to get all the way through it to the end. We didn't read the quest closely enough, and killed Alak-Hul before we killed the Knights. FAIL.
Got my exotic void sword this week! This was a bit of a pain seeing as I'm a titan. Getting those void kills was annoying. I guess that was kinda my fail for choosing void sword as a titan...but I didn't know at the time!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #2138
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Got my exotic void sword this week! This was a bit of a pain seeing as I'm a titan. Getting those void kills was annoying. I guess that was kinda my fail for choosing void sword as a titan...but I didn't know at the time!
Lol yea.

We did the strike last night to get both my arc sword and my titan friends void sword. Pretty challenging to keep both knights up and distracted while dealing with alakhul and the adds.

I remember him non-stop complaining about the void kills though...

Old 10-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #2139
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody else acquire the Sleeper Simulant? Doesn't seem like it'll be an outright popular choice and the math is yet to be seen between it and black spindle, but it's fun to use. Generally if I wanted something dead, you just point and hold the trigger. The aim assist is ridiculous though to the point of either I know my reticle isn't properly over a target, it'll still count as a hit, or a thrall would run by and drag my scope with it.

PvP, lots of fun in mayhem Rumble where you shutdown Stormcaller and Sunbreakers as they stare in disbelief.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #2140
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've seen a lot of talk about it, and I've collected all 4 gunsmith relics.
How do you get the quest? I've been busy with school this week, so I haven't been on top of Destiny in the last few days.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote