Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2023, 10:24 AM   #2041
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Slava....Bayern Fan now?

Quote:
According to Chrisitan Falk of Bild, Bayern Munich and Kane have agreed personal terms. The deal was negotiated by the striker’s family. Convincing the player to move is always the most critical step in any transfer and it seems like Bayern have done the impossible. An EPL star and England international agreeing to move to Germany in the prime of their career is certainly a big deal for the league — IF this deal can be pulled off.
https://www.bavarianfootballworks.co...-kane-transfer

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 10:37 AM   #2042
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is that a legit source?

Edit: saw the rumblings on other sources as well. Watching Sky sports right now, and they're saying no official bid has been made yet. Would be great to see though.

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 06-27-2023 at 10:40 AM.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 10:48 AM   #2043
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, at this point, Spurs say they're rejecting any offers for Kane. We all know that this is code for "pay us more money", so we'll see. I would greatly prefer he goes to Bayern as opposed to United though. Is it a big feather in his cap to win the Bundesliga? Arguably not, but the guy also just wants to win and who can blame him?

And...there is a part of me that thinks that if he leaves, we inevitably win something this year. Not because of anything logical, or "addition by subtraction" sort of things, but just because we (Spurs fans) have wanted to see him lift something, so of course it would be as soon as he leaves!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #2044
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you get £50M for 'Balsa Ankles' Kane you start the car!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-27-2023, 12:08 PM   #2045
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
If you get £50M for 'Balsa Ankles' Kane you start the car!
I think it's much higher than that. The thing is, the guy just continues to score! He scored 32 goals in 49 games this year...and I don't know if you noticed, but that was a brutal team. Sure...better than Liverpool, but that's nothing new!

But moving players like this and the finances are pretty hard to come to grips with. There's the on the pitch production, but then losing Kane for the club is much more than this. It's a drop for sales and merchandise, and notoriety in general. At some point that is worth more than just a paltry 50m.
Old 06-27-2023, 12:55 PM   #2046
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think it's much higher than that. The thing is, the guy just continues to score! He scored 32 goals in 49 games this year...and I don't know if you noticed, but that was a brutal team. Sure...better than Liverpool, but that's nothing new!

But moving players like this and the finances are pretty hard to come to grips with. There's the on the pitch production, but then losing Kane for the club is much more than this. It's a drop for sales and merchandise, and notoriety in general. At some point that is worth more than just a paltry 50m.
*Looks down the table at Spurs...checks Trophy Cabinet..." Citation needed.

Well I'm reading on the interwebs that 70M Euro is where its at right now...

In other news...

Quote:
Manchester United have money to spend this summer but their transfer budget has been squeezed by Financial Fair Play restrictions

Sources told ESPN that despite the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the club's ownership, Erik ten Hag will be able to invest in his squad this summer.

However, the budget will be limited by UEFA's FFP rules because of the club's historic spending.
https://global.espn.com/football/sto...ay-cap-sources

Lol! If I were a United fan and FFP were wagging their finger at me about spending and then I pick my head up and look across town? I'd be pretty livid.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2023, 01:44 PM   #2047
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
*Looks down the table at Spurs...checks Trophy Cabinet..." Citation needed.

Well I'm reading on the interwebs that 70M Euro is where its at right now...

In other news...

https://global.espn.com/football/sto...ay-cap-sources

Lol! If I were a United fan and FFP were wagging their finger at me about spending and then I pick my head up and look across town? I'd be pretty livid.
Aren't the Qataris buying them though? I'm sure they'll find away around those pesky regulations.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:00 PM   #2048
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Aren't the Qataris buying them though? I'm sure they'll find away around those pesky regulations.
At some point they're just going to buy the Premier League. You can feel it coming.

And then all PL Matches will have to be played in Qatar.

Then they'll do away with the grass and play the game in the sand.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:53 AM   #2049
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

City have dropped out on Rice, signing to Arsenal looks imminent now.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:18 AM   #2050
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

No shock, always felt like Man City were in it more to drive up the price, so mission accomplished for them in that sense.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:21 AM   #2051
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
At some point they're just going to buy the Premier League. You can feel it coming.

And then all PL Matches will have to be played in Qatar.

Then they'll do away with the grass and play the game in the sand.
Sounds better than being owner by Daniel Levy
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:03 AM   #2052
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Sounds better than being owner by Daniel Levy
Well for some reason he seems to be getting business done earlier this year. Usually, we have to wait until the deadline day cut-rate deals become available and end up with Sissoko at the last minute! And, I hate to jinx things, but I do think that Maddison fills a hole that has been a huge problem for us since we lost Eriksen. Now, if we can get a CB or two in, and shift out some more deadwood, we're in pretty solid shape.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:52 AM   #2053
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

extremely disappointing to see how United have handled the De Gea situation.

Quote:
David de Gea signed a contract extension with Manchester United only for the club to back out of the agreed proposal.

De Gea, 32, agreed to a drastic reduction on his current £375,000 per week wages, but the club did not sign the contract. And they have now submitted a new proposal to De Gea, whose contract expires on June 30, with an even lower salary.

This is yet to be agreed by the goalkeeper, who wants to continue playing at the highest level and is now considering his options.
https://theathletic.com/4643729/2023...ontract-offer/

a decision should have been made a long time ago, but it seems the club just can't pick a lane here. Either sign him or let him walk, fine - but make the damn call already. This is no way to treat a player, let alone one that has been at the club for 12 years.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 11:08 AM   #2054
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
extremely disappointing to see how United have handled the De Gea situation.

https://theathletic.com/4643729/2023...ontract-offer/

a decision should have been made a long time ago, but it seems the club just can't pick a lane here. Either sign him or let him walk, fine - but make the damn call already. This is no way to treat a player, let alone one that has been at the club for 12 years.
Lol! He already took a pay cut and then they 'yoinked' the contract in order to lowball him even harder?

Classy...

Old 06-28-2023, 06:43 PM   #2055
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1674131855703003136
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #2056
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Well for some reason he seems to be getting business done earlier this year. Usually, we have to wait until the deadline day cut-rate deals become available and end up with Sissoko at the last minute! And, I hate to jinx things, but I do think that Maddison fills a hole that has been a huge problem for us since we lost Eriksen. Now, if we can get a CB or two in, and shift out some more deadwood, we're in pretty solid shape.
I really like the Maddison signing, the problem is we have fallen so far behind that it just starts to get us closer to the top 6 but not nearly at their level.

That is why the years and years of mismanagement are such a killer, even if we make good moves it is so hard to keep up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 08:42 PM   #2057
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everytime I'm out on Levy he pulls off a deal that is so staggering you can do nothing but respect a master at work

Someone agreed to pay 10 million for Harry f#@ing winks?
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 08:44 PM   #2058
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
hes bought very early in windows ever since the stadium opened
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 08:58 PM   #2059
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Everytime I'm out on Levy he pulls off a deal that is so staggering you can do nothing but respect a master at work
When has he done that ever?????

Master at work? He is a ####ing moron and the undisputed worst owner in professional sports.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:15 PM   #2060
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uhh...

Quote:
Arsenal have agreed a deal with West Ham for Declan Rice after Manchester City pulled out of the race to sign the midfielder, sources told ESPN.

Arsenal submitted a third offer for Rice worth £100 million ($127m) plus £5m ($6.3m) in add-ons that was accepted by West Ham on Wednesday, sources told ESPN. While there remain minor details to finalise, they are said to be a formality at this stage.
https://global.espn.com/football/sto...d-105m-sources

£100M quid for Rice? You can probably get it for less at Tesco.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: