Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2024, 07:57 AM   #15241
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Giant trucks and RVs parked in neighborhoods essentially turning the streets into one way roads. Really annoying.

Why do you need a commercial grade 50ton truck to pull your ####ty RV??
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:59 AM   #15242
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Giant trucks and RVs parked in neighborhoods essentially turning the streets into one way roads. Really annoying.

Because if they don't, the deep-seated fear that everyone around them would realize they have a small pee-pee and aren't comfortable in their masculinity would come to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:59 AM   #15243
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post

Need that 1000 ft-lbs of torque so they can pass dorks on the highway at 130.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:34 AM   #15244
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

*"Strugglers", not dorks.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:37 AM   #15245
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The usage of "price point".

Completely useless, unnecessary and indicates you're a ######.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:56 AM   #15246
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Need that 1000 ft-lbs of torque so they can pass dorks on the highway at 130.

When I’m towing through BC and stuck behind a Subaru going 10 under, that’s when I regret not oversizing my truck.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:44 AM   #15247
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I had a guy from LGFG fashion house contact me through LinkedIn when I was just starting out in the corporate world. Kept pushing and following up, wouldn’t take no for an answer.

I finally told him he could come in to the office and show me some swatches, but I wasn’t looking to purchase. He comes in shows me swatches and I say looks great I’ll let you know when I’m interested in purchasing.

He gave me a long exacerbated sigh like I wasted his time and then high tailed it out of there.

F that guy
You at least need lunch or coffee or I’m not talking to you
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 10:54 AM   #15248
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

The dave portnoy pizza review copycats on social media. So annoying, there's one guy from calgary that's gotten small success from doing it. Basically mimics him. Looks behind him while opening box "I'm here at.....plaaaaace X in Caaaaalgary alberta".

They all all have off brand catchphrases similar to "one bite everyone knows the rules". All use the same point scoring system. So annoying
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 10:59 AM   #15249
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
My gear-grinder is a pushy salesperson. First the guy emailed me several times and just dropped by my office “because he was in town”. I wasn’t there when he did, but I was unimpressed. I just think it’s rude, but whatever…he has to make a living and I get it. He left some things, I recycled them and life goes on.

Today, after several more emails, he used my calendly link to book a meeting. I couldn’t believe the audacity. We’ve never met, never spoken and it’s a pure sales call for a product I don’t use. Who does that?

And just for a little context, I’ve had this link for probably 5-6 years. This is the second time it’s been used by a salesperson. Most people seem to understand that the link is there for meetings pertaining to my practice not to make it easier for a salesman.

Taking the sales guys perspective here... why don't you just respond to him and tell him you're not interested? I'm sure he would drop you from his list and focus his efforts elsewhere.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 11:36 AM   #15250
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
Taking the sales guys perspective here... why don't you just respond to him and tell him you're not interested? I'm sure he would drop you from his list and focus his efforts elsewhere.
I've been telling a salesperson exactly that for three years and they won't take no for an answer. Keeps calling, emailing etc. every few months. Problem for me is they work in the same building so I run into them all the time the Plus 15, it's hard to avoid.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 11:57 AM   #15251
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

When told no, it seems like most sales people just go from Sales pitch A to Sales pitch B. Any time you engage with them, they use it as an opportunity to pitch.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #15252
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I've been telling a salesperson exactly that for three years and they won't take no for an answer. Keeps calling, emailing etc. every few months. Problem for me is they work in the same building so I run into them all the time the Plus 15, it's hard to avoid.
Politely but firmly notify the persistent salesperson that the next time they approach you you’re going to beat them to death with a baseball bat. It helps if you have a bat in your hand while you tell them.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:24 PM   #15253
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've got all these third party people calling offering to hook up my company with clients. Now I'm at the point where I just hang up on them mid-spiel.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:27 PM   #15254
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
Well I did do that, and I guess we'll see. I was just whining here, as I'm known to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
When told no, it seems like most sales people just go from Sales pitch A to Sales pitch B. Any time you engage with them, they use it as an opportunity to pitch.
"I know how you feel, and I felt the same way but then I found that..."
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 12:57 PM   #15255
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
"Take me to lunch at "x" and we can talk about it".

If nothing else - free lunch. Over the lunch explain why you're not interested. Might finally get a clue.

If they bring it up again - "Let's do lunch!"
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #15256
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post

If nothing else - free lunch. Over the lunch explain why you're not interested. Might finally get a clue.

Really? I'm the opposite. I can afford to pay for my own lunch.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:11 PM   #15257
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post

That’s like intentionally inviting a vampire into your home, you’d choose to allow them into your life? They’re never leaving now. I think there actually is an obscure saying about how there’s no such thing as a free lunch but I’m not sure everyone’s familiar with it.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:17 PM   #15258
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
That’s like intentionally inviting a vampire into your home, you’d choose to allow them into your life? They’re never leaving now. I think there actually is an obscure saying about how there’s no such thing as a free lunch but I’m not sure everyone’s familiar with it.
Haha! I intentionally invite Vampires into my home all the time! Joke's on them!

Theres no such thing as a Free Lunch!

I am like the much less interesting, far less punchier version of 'Blade.' I do taxes, kill Vampires and preserve our Forests.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:42 PM   #15259
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why are phone number pads and calculator number pads not the same.
For keyboards/calculator the 1, 2, 3 is on the bottom. For phones the 1, 2, 3 is at the top.
Why?
Could we not have gotten our #### together enough to get that right? Who was the idiot that decided they should be different.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 01:48 PM   #15260
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thoughts on being told to put a larger backpack under the seat in front of you instead of the overhead bin(only bag you brought) in order to accommodate other people’s bags (who often brought 2 bags) on a plane?

Is it fair to ask the person to have a super cramped flight by barely being able to jam the bag under the seat in front of them when it’s it’s their only bag?

I don’t think it is.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 05-17-2024 at 01:55 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post: