Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2024, 08:46 AM   #6761
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That event was held at the end of January.

Resettlement is not part of Israel’s plan. From The Times of Israel:

“Netanyahu himself didn’t attend the conference, and indicated Saturday night that he opposes resettling Gaza and that this wasn’t an accepted government policy.”

Another topic for discussion: I’ve always maintained that the proportionate representation system in Israel has been very detrimental, giving extremist elements far too much say, not to mention unstable coalitions and numerous elections.

Unfortunately years ago a national unity government of Labour and Likud had the chance to amend the constitution to a first past the system to elect Knesset members but failed to do so.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:49 AM   #6762
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like a stand up dude.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:52 AM   #6763
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
That event was held at the end of January.

Resettlement is not part of Israel’s plan. From The Times of Israel:

“Netanyahu himself didn’t attend the conference, and indicated Saturday night that he opposes resettling Gaza and that this wasn’t an accepted government policy.”

Another topic for discussion: I’ve always maintained that the proportionate representation system in Israel has been very detrimental, giving extremist elements far too much say, not to mention unstable coalitions and numerous elections.

Unfortunately years ago a national unity government of Labour and Likud had the chance to amend the constitution to a first past the system to elect Knesset members but failed to do so.
How can you tell yourself that with a straight face? I'm sure the gradual chipping away at the West Bank until they have all of it isn't in the plan, either?

The naivety of some people in the face of the reality occurring directly in front of their faces is astounding.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 09:00 AM   #6764
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ultimately I still believe a two state solution will prevail, negotiated by new leadership on both sides.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #6765
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
How can you tell yourself that with a straight face? I'm sure the gradual chipping away at the West Bank until they have all of it isn't in the plan, either?

The naivety of some people in the face of the reality occurring directly in front of their faces is astounding.
What makes you think the ultimate plan is for Israel to settle Gaza? How would that even work from a logistics point of view? The population of Gaza continues to rapidly grow and remains hostile to Israel.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 10:30 AM   #6766
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
What makes you think the ultimate plan is for Israel to settle Gaza? How would that even work from a logistics point of view? The population of Gaza continues to rapidly grow and remains hostile to Israel.
I see it as a long game. It's not up to me to figure out the plan, they've been trying different things for decades, I'm sure they'll figure out what works one day. Apparently supporting evil terrorists to undermine the territory didn't work out so well, but eh, failure leads to success eventually.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:56 AM   #6767
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Naivety or a deliberate willingness to spin and a shameless dishonesty to mislead away from the truth.

Notable that he doesn't post a link to the article he cited with a headline of.

Quote:
Netanyahu’s new military secretary wrote plan backing Israeli control of post-war Gaza
And then states:
Quote:
Brig. Gen. Roman Gofman was tapped for the military secretary position two weeks ago.

According to the report, the opinion was distributed among “all decision-makers on the political level and in the security establishment.” The outlet did not report when the document was circulated.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/netany...post-war-gaza/

Manhattanboy would try and spin that look, Netanyahu didn't attend a meeting in January therefore there is no intent to occupy whilst conveniently leaving out from the very same article he cited from the more recent two week old news that he and his government decided to appoint a new military secretary that he had to and his whole establishment are fully aware recommends Israel retain control over the Gaza Strip

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #6768
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Simple. They just keep killing them.

I mean they're all Hamas right?
As you just said the population "remains" hostile. That justifies your genocide?

Last edited by Bagor; 05-15-2024 at 10:00 AM.
Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 06:19 AM   #6769
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ethnic cleansing of Gaza is basically already done. Most of Gaza is an unhabitable ruin, as IDF has systematically destroyed both infrastructure and houses, after the fighting has been over, filming themselves doing it, while their national broadcaster showed Israeli children singing about the destruction of Gaza on TV.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 03:36 PM   #6770
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Ethnic cleansing of Gaza is basically already done. Most of Gaza is an unhabitable ruin, as IDF has systematically destroyed both infrastructure and houses, after the fighting has been over, filming themselves doing it, while their national broadcaster showed Israeli children singing about the destruction of Gaza on TV.
Add in hospitals and schools.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:11 PM   #6771
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Started reading this article in the NY Times today, and it points that what we are seeing today has been in the works for a long time (and being actively pushed by certain groups in Israel).

The sad part, as always, is that a lot of innocent people are hurt or killed because of the views and ambitions and of the few.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/16/m...e=articleShare
ah123 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ah123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 04:26 PM   #6772
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://apnews.com/article/israel-ai...5f1b53cbf68fc3

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House delivered a rebuke to#President Joe Biden#Thursday for pausing a shipment of bombs to Israel, passing legislation that seeks to force the weapons transfer as Republicans worked to highlight Democratic divisions over the Israel-Hamas war.

Seeking to discourage Israel from its offensive on the#crowded southern Gaza city of Rafah, the Biden administration this month#put on hold a weapons shipment#of 3,500 bombs — some#as large as 2,000 pounds#— that are capable of killing hundreds in populated areas. Republicans were outraged, accusing Biden of abandoning the closest U.S. ally in the Middle East.
Also, Canada today sanctioned a number of Israeli settlers for their violence against Palestinians in the West Bank.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...lers-1.7206329

Quote:
"The sanctions are a response to the grave breach of international peace and security posed by their violent and destabilizing actions against Palestinian civilians and their property in the West Bank," Global Affairs#said in a news release.

Canada is sanctioning four people, the department said:#David Chai Chasdai, Yinon Levi, Zvi Bar Yosef and Moshe Sharvit. Global Affairs Canada said the four have engaged#in violence against Palestinian civilians and their property.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 02:28 PM   #6773
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Very equal! They just need to travel on different roads. Can't attend the same schools. Are discriminated against daily and live in poorer neighborhood. Don't have access to the same health care. Israel truly is a beacon of democracy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Israel

Read up on this Nage. It is filled with multiple sources and studies that show the differences the Israeli government and its citizens treats it's arab population and even it's Ethiopian Jewish population. Racism is very alive in Israel and no matter what propaganda you post, it won't make it disappear or make it not true.
That's completely false. And none of what you claimed is even in the link you provided. Arabs travel the same roads. I shared a bus or a train with Arabs many times. They use the same healthcare system. In fact, my daughter's pediatrician is Arab.

They can access the same schools too. They prefer to go to Arabic schools, because classes are in Arabic there. Yes, you heard it right, Arab children in Israel can have schools in Arabic.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/i...jewish-schools

Some of them, albeit few, are even fighting in Gaza for IDF.

Last edited by Pointman; 05-19-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2024, 02:29 PM   #6774
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
So... Does Gaza government feel like returning hostages now?
Old 05-19-2024, 02:33 PM   #6775
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I see it as a long game. It's not up to me to figure out the plan, they've been trying different things for decades, I'm sure they'll figure out what works one day. Apparently supporting evil terrorists to undermine the territory didn't work out so well, but eh, failure leads to success eventually.
You realize, Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005? They didn't need to contrive a nefarious plan to settle Gaza. They already settled Gaza in the past, and left.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2024, 02:35 PM   #6776
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Yet ultimate goal of Gaza's government is to destroy what they call "a Zionist project", that is Israel. How about discussing that instead of your gut feelings that Israel is going to occupy Gaza?
Old 05-19-2024, 02:39 PM   #6777
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Ultimately I still believe a two state solution will prevail, negotiated by new leadership on both sides.
It seems like nobody, including Palestinians, wants to have a Palestine state. They were offered that in 1948 and declined.

The only way out is a secular multinational Israel on the whole territory. Like in 1970s, when there was a bus from Tel Aviv to Gaza, jews used to come to Gaza beaches and Gazans used to come to Tel Aviv for work. You may be led to believe that Jews and Arabs hated each other for centuries, while in reality it was more of an up-and-down relationship with periods of peaceful co-existing.

Still, religious ethnic states are unsustainable in modern times of mixed marriages and scientific achievements.So Israel is not going to be a "Jewish" state long term.

Last edited by Pointman; 05-19-2024 at 02:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2024, 03:06 PM   #6778
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Pointing out that 60,000 Americans have traveled to and stole land in Palestine, is aparently morally repugnant. But stealing the land isn't.

My brain is about to explode.
Elaborate, what exactly do you call "stealing"? Who in your opinion is the owner of the land? Is it Palestinian state? Or is it a person on a ground? Does Palestine have private land or all land belongs to the state? Are Israeli citizens allowed to buy land in other countries? How do you think the "settling" is happening, in details?
Old 05-19-2024, 03:21 PM   #6779
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just when I was starting to worry about Pointman again he comes back after 4 months with a beat down.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 08:11 PM   #6780
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Just when I was starting to worry about Pointman again he comes back after 4 months with a beat down.
Fascinating insight into the simpleminded.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: