Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2024, 09:57 AM   #1581
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
As a Flames fan I dont give a crap which team wins, I'm all about the losses.

Just give me 7 games of beat the #### out of each other hockey and as much pain from both fanbases as can be manufactured.

Comebacks, missed calls, injuries, own goals, chippy and cheap hockey. Anything that crushes either fanbase is the most important to me.

Fork both of these teams. Forever.

while i totally agree with you i was hoping for a canucks sweep so that i can go back to hating them as soon as possible... i just feel so dirty right now - ha!
Old 05-11-2024, 10:02 AM   #1582
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Believe me if this board was cheering for the Oilers I would feel the same way. I just went through this thread and it's like a bunch of Flames fans giving the Canucks love.

That's freaking disgusting regardless of who they are playing.

Makes me want to get my shame bell out.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:14 AM   #1583
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Both of these pathetic franchises are my most hated, I deal with Canucks fans on the daily now that I've moved to Victoria. They are no good. They deserve as much pain and suffering as Oiler fans.

The hate is equal for me. How any Flames fan can openly cheer for the Vancouver Canucks is crazy to me. For real. Ffs last game we played vs the Canucks one of them taunted our bench telling them to "enjoy their holidays in two days"

I guess my memory is too good. I just cant forget the playoffs of 89, 1994, 2004, 2015. Seriously just like the Oilers that franchise can eat ####. Forever.
Most of those playoffs are good memories though. I only have one of those when it comes to the Oilers, so it’s not even close when it comes to hated rivals and bad memories. And it’s not just hockey, when it comes to football the Edmonton rivalry is way more intense too.

It’s the BofA for crying out loud.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:17 AM   #1584
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Also Edmonton has Kane, Perry, McDavid, Pissy, etc.

Even if they weren't our provincial rivals, they are still a team everyone should despise. Vancouver doesn't have any players like that.

Edmonton is a team that's easy to hate, and we're not talking in a Brad Marchand kind of way.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 10:27 AM   #1585
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was at the game last night. Every time McDavid line was out there it was but clenching time, but they played over 26 minutes after 3. No way they can keep that up for a long series. Canucks didn't play the best and they almost won. Skinner sucks, every shot seemed like it had a chance to go in.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 10:45 AM   #1586
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Believe me I get it.

McHobo, Drysaddle, Nurse, Perry and Kane are on the top of my hateable lists.

But so are players wearing a Canucks jersey.

I'm just saying the enemy of my enemy is the Oilers or the Canucks here.

Fork all those guys. Kill each other. Get clapped in round 3.

Oilers suck.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:45 AM   #1587
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I was at the game last night. Every time McDavid line was out there it was but clenching time, but they played over 26 minutes after 3. No way they can keep that up for a long series. Canucks didn't play the best and they almost won. Skinner sucks, every shot seemed like it had a chance to go in.
The problem is they won’t have to do it for a long series. Just 9 more periods. I hate to say it and hope I’m wrong, but it didn’t look like the Canucks had any answer to that line.

Maybe advanced stats say otherwise? I hope?
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:46 AM   #1588
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Most Flames fans are not cheering for the Canucks. They are cheering against the Oilers. A slight but distinct difference.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:52 AM   #1589
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post

The problem is they won’t have to do it for a long series. Just 9 more periods. I hate to say it and hope I’m wrong, but it didn’t look like the Canucks had any answer to that line.

Maybe advanced stats say otherwise? I hope?
Yah I don’t really think the hope is that McDavid tires himself out. I think the answer is weak goaltending and out playing the Oilers, especially when he is not out there. Canucks have done that in stretches so far.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:54 AM   #1590
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Most Flames fans are not cheering for the Canucks. They are cheering against the Oilers. A slight but distinct difference.
I dont know about that. This thread contains a lot of Canucks love.

My hate for these teams is equal.

Put it this way. If the Oilers were playing the Oilers which Oilers team would you want to win?

That's exactly where I'm at on this series.

F em both.

Oilers suck.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:03 AM   #1591
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pissy skates like he is 100 years old. How can the Canucks not hit or even grind him?
Old 05-11-2024, 11:06 AM   #1592
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Kane got away with two slewfoots too.
Hes driving his knee under the other players on every hit

Someone's gonna get flipped when they are on bad leverage and get injured
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:17 AM   #1593
Ba'alzamon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Just the Alberta factor should make you hate edmonton more.
Damned Albertans! They ruined Alberta!
Ba'alzamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:36 AM   #1594
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I dont know about that. This thread contains a lot of Canucks love.

My hate for these teams is equal.

Put it this way. If the Oilers were playing the Oilers which Oilers team would you want to win?

That's exactly where I'm at on this series.

F em both.
When the Oilers blew game 1 in glorious fashion, were people celebrating how great it is for the city of Vancouver, their players, the franchise??

No; we celebrated the agony of the Oilers, the pain of Pissy, the impending meltdown on CHED, the panel crying over it, being one step closer to the Oilers losing one of the twins.

The cheering is very obviously centred around the demise of the Oilers, not the celebration of the Canucks.
Some of you are really twisting in knots to pretend that's not what's happening here. The need to be a contrarian.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 11:44 AM   #1595
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Typical Oilers crap

Seconds after Kane's uncalled dangerous slew foot on Hughes, McDiver get the breakaway to tie the game.
Congrats NHL
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 11:50 AM   #1596
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 11:54 AM   #1597
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone will win. Either way it's not great for a Flames fan. But as someone who grew into a bigger fan when the Canucks were actually a rival and the Oilers were a joke, I still think watching the Oilers lose is most satisfying. The total lack of humility or self awareness from everyone from the fans, the players, the staff and, especially, the media makes it so easy to hate them.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:57 AM   #1598
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
When the Oilers blew game 1 in glorious fashion, were people celebrating how great it is for the city of Vancouver, their players, the franchise??

No; we celebrated the agony of the Oilers, the pain of Pissy, the impending meltdown on CHED, the panel crying over it, being one step closer to the Oilers losing one of the twins.

The cheering is very obviously centred around the demise of the Oilers, not the celebration of the Canucks.
Some of you are really twisting in knots to pretend that's not what's happening here. The need to be a contrarian.
Its not being a contrarian, its telling it like it is. I hate the Canucks as much as I hate the Oilers.

Did you celebrate the demise of the Canucks last night?

Again I don't give a flying fork who wins this series, I just want them to beat the crap out of each other for as long as possible so the winning team is gimped and promptly disposed of in round 3.

The enemy of my enemy is the Canucks or Oilers. F all those guys.

Oilers suck.
Old 05-11-2024, 12:06 PM   #1599
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was one of the worst officiated games I've watched in a long time. And we've seen some pretty bad ones lately. McLoser getting away with one of the most blatant high sticks ever, and Kane just running around slew-footing everyone with no calls. Not to mention the missed call on Nurse early in the game which should have been a boarding call at the very least. This league is such a joke.

Enjoy your win, Oilers. You barely squeaked that one out thanks to a lucky bounce and a missed call on Kane that allowed the breakaway to tie it at 3.

Canucks have been way more of a handful than the Oilers and the media expected, even with their 3rd stringer in net. This series will likely go 7. If Demko was healthy, I'm convinced the 'Nucks would take it in 6 or less.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 12:13 PM   #1600
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Hes driving his knee under the other players on every hit

Someone's gonna get flipped when they are on bad leverage and get injured
This is rich coming from a guy who cheered on the likes of Jarkko Ruutu, Matt Cooke, Ryan Kesler and Alexandre Burrows to name a few.

Sucks to play against that crap doesn't it?

Karma is a bitch.

Oilers suck.