Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2024, 05:29 PM   #2441
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Definitely watch to the end.

The theory about that character being a Sith Lord until fan backlash and hatred over that character still makes a lot of sense to me. So.... is this giving credence to that theory or just poking fun at it?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:15 PM   #2442
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I think it's just fun, but very fun.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:04 PM   #2443
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hahaha. I have always loved that fan theory for how stupid it is. Glad to see they can poke fun at it as well.
bdubbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 01:30 PM   #2444
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just because its a fun theory, and not to be taken seriously, but here's why I believe Jar Jar is the last of the true Banite Sith Lords

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2024, 01:56 PM   #2445
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I still don't get it. Why would they think including a character who cartoon style stumbles through battles, but comes out on top, was a good idea? Was it supposed to be comedic relief? Who finds that funny? Then the tone shift to Anakin killing Sand people families and the complex discussion about politics and taxes....why?

Was it because people thought a couple parts of the Ewok battle were funny and George decided to lean into that?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 06:43 PM   #2446
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Just because its a fun theory, and not to be taken seriously, but here's why I believe Jar Jar is the last of the true Banite Sith Lords
Well, this whole explanation is enough for me to believe it's canon! Well done.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2024, 03:30 PM   #2447
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i thought this was pretty cool...

Quote:
We used Midjourney to Create All Countries as Mandalorian!
denmark for the win!!! ha! ha!

Old 05-30-2024, 04:43 PM   #2448
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I still don't get it. Why would they think including a character who cartoon style stumbles through battles, but comes out on top, was a good idea? Was it supposed to be comedic relief? Who finds that funny? Then the tone shift to Anakin killing Sand people families and the complex discussion about politics and taxes....why?

Was it because people thought a couple parts of the Ewok battle were funny and George decided to lean into that?

George Lucas was seduced by the lunch box side of the Force.

Old 06-01-2024, 04:28 PM   #2449
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it known that a significant portion of the fanbase prefers Young Anakin at the end of Return Of The Jedi to Sebastian Shaw?

Even though it makes no sense since Luke never met young Anakin… But he did meet Sebastian Shaw… when he saved him in the last scene.

So old Anakin gets to be redeemed and wear his Jedi robes again in the afterlife, because it’s never too late to do the right thing.

But they just… put Hayden Christensen in there. Without even telling him what they were doing. Which is something you totally can’t tell from looking at it.

And people love it. I… don’t understand.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 04:51 PM   #2450
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do people love it? I haven't heard anyone ever say that.

The thought I had recently is that we're closing in quickly on the right timeframe for Hayden to be the same age that Anakin is in ROTJ. I figure it's bound to happen where they reshoot the scene on the Death Star to have Hayden inside the suit when Luke removes the mask. From how the shot is framed, it wouldn't even be that hard to do.
Old 06-02-2024, 02:59 PM   #2451
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Do people love it? I haven't heard anyone ever say that.

The thought I had recently is that we're closing in quickly on the right timeframe for Hayden to be the same age that Anakin is in ROTJ. I figure it's bound to happen where they reshoot the scene on the Death Star to have Hayden inside the suit when Luke removes the mask. From how the shot is framed, it wouldn't even be that hard to do.
God I hope not…

An unrelated observation… following the deaths of Qui Gon and Maul, nobody with a green lightsaber wins a duel until Luke v Vader 2.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 04:05 PM   #2452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Is it known that a significant portion of the fanbase prefers Young Anakin at the end of Return Of The Jedi to Sebastian Shaw?

Even though it makes no sense since Luke never met young Anakin… But he did meet Sebastian Shaw… when he saved him in the last scene.

So old Anakin gets to be redeemed and wear his Jedi robes again in the afterlife, because it’s never too late to do the right thing.

But they just… put Hayden Christensen in there. Without even telling him what they were doing. Which is something you totally can’t tell from looking at it.

And people love it. I… don’t understand.

IIRC when they unmasked Vader in ROTJ they did modify Sebastian Shaw a bit to add Hayden's features.

I also remember the really weird explanation that we saw Young Skywalker as a force ghost because that's when Anakin was murdered by Vader. It was a weird explanation by George.

I still loved it in Robot Chicken when they did the Palpatine redemption as he fell down the shaft and he showed up as a naked force ghost.

Old 06-02-2024, 11:25 PM   #2453
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Acolyte looks like another undercooked show full of bad costumes and small sets with political agendas at the forefront... Don't care about that if there's an actual good and exciting story, but I'm not getting that from what I've seen.

Genuinely hope I'm dead wrong. Stars Wars is already 1 or 2 really bad live action shows in the hole at this point and needs resuscitating in the worst way. I'm not sure they've learned their lesson and I trust the people running the show about as far as I can throw them.

I don't think many will watch it. Probably looking at a Andor comparison for viewership.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 12:28 AM   #2454
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Maybe . . . . I mean I'll watch it for a couple of reasons. First of all because its Star Wars and even though the ST was so bad it hurt, and Ashoka wasn't very good, I'm still willing to give it a chance. Second of all, even though I've read next to no books in the Star Wars new EU outside of the Aftermath trilogy, I'm interested in seeing how they handle the Sith Lore here because that's one of my bigger interests. If this takes place about a hundred years before the events of the Phantom Menace we in theory should be looking at either Darth Tenebeous as the master and Darth Plagueis as the apprentice. Of even the early days of Darth Plagueis before he inducted Darth Sidious as his apprentice.

Either way, what I don't want is an exploration of the whole stupid Force Dyiad crap, nor a cult of thousands of members of some Sith eternal cult.

And whoever that Sith is, he needs to be insanely powerful because he not only has to kill all of those Jedi, but keep his very existance a secret to match up to the events of the Phantom Menace.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2024, 12:41 AM   #2455
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh. Yeah, please no expanding on the sequel trilogy "lore". That would be awful awful awful...

I think I saw Ahch-To in the trailers though? So that may be very well be happening..

They need to treat the Sith origin/lore with the care and love it deserves, because it's the most interesting part of this and has potential if done right.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2024, 09:36 AM   #2456
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The trailer for Acolyte looked cool, so I'll give it a chance. Then again, I thought the trailer for Ahsoka looked cool too, and that series turned out to be a complete trainwreck.

I couldn't care less about the EU or the new EU or any of that stuff. I just want a fun, engaging Star Wars story. Hopefully the creators of this new show are capable of writing a story that doesn't need to shoehorn in the Skywalkers. They need to come up with something completely new and fresh IMO. There are a million stories you could tell within this universe, and yet they keep going back to the same well over and over again. It's annoying.

Last edited by direwolf; 06-03-2024 at 09:41 AM.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:48 AM   #2457
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've heard pretty good things from folks who were involved in the development of the show in the early days. But I was told that with the caveat that Disney like Leslyse do what she wanted. Which isn't um Disney's strength.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:45 AM   #2458
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leslyse does not come off like someone that gets Star Wars or would care about the lore.

But then again, the directors I thought did understand and have a passion for the franchise made the worst of the new material, so what do I know. And Gilroy was far from a Star Wars fanatic and made some of the best new material.

Maybe they fluke out in letting her have the reins and it ends up being alright.