Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #701
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
This is out of line, man. Calgarypuck has always had certain threads where people open because they feel the community is supportive and tight enough to do so.

I've had many disagreements with Tranny and we've even insulted each other in the moment, but to take someone's genuine fear of impending medical issues in a CP support thread and use it as a part of a burn in a political thread?

C'mon, that's bull****. Really disappointing.
I agree it's bull####, but I also don't think transplant's response or any of his other posts where he insults people he doesn't agree with are any less disappointing.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #702
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I agree it's bull####, but I also don't think transplant's response or any of his other posts where he insults people he doesn't agree with are any less disappointing.
I've had many discussions with Transplant in many threads on many topics and he never takes it to a personal level. Calling my position stupid is fair play.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #703
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I've had many discussions with Transplant in many threads on many topics and he never takes it to a personal level. Calling my position stupid is fair play.
Your position on Transplant99 is stupid.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #704
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

More from the Vice News reporter, countering President Comacho's stupidity.

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10157186984291509/
Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #705
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
No idea what I'm talking about? Maybe that's not surprising with your recent disclosure in the What Makes You Afraid thread and all but I guess I have to remind you that once you got past arguing that the white supremacists represented just a few bad apples, you suggested the best approach was for the world to poke it's collective heads in the sand and ignore White Nationalists and they'll go away.

If your advice is to not give any attention to the alt-right white nationalists, surely the same advice applies to dealing with counter protestors. Don't give them any attention and they'll stop doing it!

Does that clear things up for you.
You know, maybe not a popular belief but somewhere in the last few years, somehow those way to the left have been given license to be rude, violent, a bully or despicable all in the name of their cause and somehow that's just ok. There is a different standard of behavior for those on the right vs the left.

Sorry to be off topic but comments like this make the quality of CP lower.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #706
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
You know, maybe not a popular belief but somewhere in the last few years, somehow those way to the left have been given license to be rude, violent, a bully or despicable all in the name of their cause and somehow that's just ok. There is a different standard of behavior for those on the right vs the left.

He apologized. Hours ago. Now, tell me when your man Trump has ever apologized.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #707
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
He apologized. Hours ago. Now, tell me when your man Trump has ever apologized.
My god. He's not my man. He's awful. Good to see that in just a short time someone had to reply to confirm what I said. Just say whatever you want without caring if it's correct or not. It's cool. You have license to do whatever you want.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #708
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Small video "commercial" break from the arguing.

http://tinyurl.com/y7h2e3gk
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #709
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's funny how perspective can be so different. I look at Ezra Levant, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and several posters in the Alberta Politics thread, and find myself sometimes thinking the same thing. I wonder if it is ingrained in us as humans? Lingering vestiges of a tribal past? I don't know. Very interesting though.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #710
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

How in the hell is a sitting president essentially condoning this!?!?)
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #711
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
How in the hell is a sitting president essentially condoning this!?!?)
Because he's one of them?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #712
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
It's funny how perspective can be so different. I look at Ezra Levant, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and several posters in the Alberta Politics thread, and find myself sometimes thinking the same thing. I wonder if it is ingrained in us as humans? Lingering vestiges of a tribal past? I don't know. Very interesting though.
Ya. Maybe. Seems to me the majority roast those guys quite throughly though and are dismissed as hotheads. But maybe we all hold a bias that allows us to keep track of one side.

However Notice how quick someone decided I must be a trump follower from simply saying that? No burden of proof needed, no thinking, just flame away.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #713
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya. Maybe. Seems to me the majority roast those guys quite throughly though and are dismissed as hotheads. But maybe we all hold a bias that allows us to keep track of one side.

However Notice how quick someone decided I must be a trump follower from simply saying that? No burden of proof needed, no thinking, just flame away.
Well, one person isn't really representative of "the left" (whatever that actually is) as a whole. That said, I know I'm sometimes guilty of drawing the same generalizations from individuals about "the right".

Also, for the record, I wouldn't have characterized longsuffering's post as bullying, violent or rude. Just seemed like he was disagreeing with you.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #714
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Well, one person isn't really representative of "the left" (whatever that actually is) as a whole. That said, I know I'm sometimes guilty of drawing the same generalizations from individuals about "the right".

Also, for the record, I wouldn't have characterized longsuffering's post as bullying, violent or rude. Just seemed like he was disagreeing with you.
He wasn't disagreeing at all. He simply want to paint me as an extremist. Which was rather ironic given my point.

But fair, sample of one.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #715
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call it flaming but pardon my assumption. Someone just popping into the thread saying that the left seems to be more violent, rude, despicable, and bullying. You could have at least led off with "I despise Trump but..."
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #716
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of course there are violent people on the left. If people continue to march in Nazi parades and White Supremacists rallies and these people on the White House remain for any length of time it would only get worse. Why wouldn't it? When there is strong opposition to your beliefs, many resort to violence. It's stupid and destructive, but as we see with all the WWII imagery, sometimes it's necessary.

I don't put assassinations out of the question.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #717
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the answer to Transplant99's question as to what percentage of the population maintains racist ideals is getting closer to being answered.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._response.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politi...CNNPolitics=Tw

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/america...cbs-news-poll/

Only 22 percent of Republicans disapprove of Trump's comments in regards to Charlottesville. 67% approved of his message. More importantly, 6 in 10 Trump supporters say nothing will make them change their mind about Trump. 53% of self identified Republicans hold the same view. Seems to say that at worst, a good 50% of those who voted for Trump accept his racist statements and are prepared to defend them to the bitter end. These polls make me extremely sad, but are consistent with the behaviors I've observed in the region of the country I reside (Trump state).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #718
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tina Fey introduces the world to "Sheetcaking"... http://www.thedailybeast.com/tina-fe...are-always-bad
Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #719
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Small video "commercial" break from the arguing.
Very refreshing
Old 08-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #720
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I think the answer to Transplant99's question as to what percentage of the population maintains racist ideals is getting closer to being answered.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._response.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politi...CNNPolitics=Tw

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/america...cbs-news-poll/

Only 22 percent of Republicans disapprove of Trump's comments in regards to Charlottesville. 67% approved of his message. More importantly, 6 in 10 Trump supporters say nothing will make them change their mind about Trump. 53% of self identified Republicans hold the same view. Seems to say that at worst, a good 50% of those who voted for Trump accept his racist statements and are prepared to defend them to the bitter end. These polls make me extremely sad, but are consistent with the behaviors I've observed in the region of the country I reside (Trump state).

Yes. There are moderate Republicans like Rick Perry and Marco Rubio who wanted to push the party to be more inclusive. But that's not where the people are. They were leading people to something they didn't agree with. Trump the opportunist took that role.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote